11/30/09 [AS2 #79] - Catharsis

Started by Tapewolf, November 30, 2009, 03:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Yes, this is a nice soliloquy by Abel.  Ritualistic catharsis can be very good on the spirit in the long run.

If I do end up failing one my classes this semester, which would be the first time I failed a class, I plan on having a good sobbing fit, and then not get out of bed for at least 24 hours, in order to help myself get over it. :sigh :(

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

So sad. :cry

I can't really say any more then that.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

*Charline poofs*  This is why responding to any initial crisis with insane amounts of violence is the best course of action!  No regrets afterward!   No matter how it turns out, after 400 years you can always say, "Well, I slaughtered as many as I could..."  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sofox

Quote from: Alondro on November 30, 2009, 12:53:20 PM
*Charline poofs*  This is why responding to any initial crisis with insane amounts of violence is the best course of action!  No regrets afterward!   No matter how it turns out, after 400 years you can always say, "Well, I slaughtered as many as I could..."  >:3

What if you regret killing someone?

Alondro

Quote from: Sofox on November 30, 2009, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 30, 2009, 12:53:20 PM

What if you regret killing someone?

*Charline  :confused *  Regret... killing..?  I don't understand.  Do people regret doing that?  *is PURE evil*   >:]
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lucheek

Somehow...even through all of this, I can't beleive that Abel's mom could hate him.

Scrap Fish

Aniz? Yes. Abel? I can't see that as well.
I mean, she could all the sudden come out like Devin's mom, but I don't see that.

What would be really bad is if Abel's mom wakes up and goes: "who are you?"

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

joshofspam

Quote from: Scrap Fish on November 30, 2009, 11:44:40 PM
Aniz? Yes. Abel? I can't see that as well.
I mean, she could all the sudden come out like Devin's mom, but I don't see that.

What would be really bad is if Abel's mom wakes up and goes: "who are you?"

Well in in Abel's moms defence, It seemed from that final scene of her when Abel was taken that she more or less regretted that she couldn't do anything to help Abel.

So it probably won't be like Devin's mom. She'll probably will be more relieved that her son is still alive, that is of course if she still remembers Abel's face.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

ishidan

Remembers, AND understands that he would not have changed.

After all, Mom saw her little boy grow from infancy to adolescence at a normal pace-to her, he does age.  She would have seen other kids grow from adolescence to adulthood as she aged.

Now here comes her "son".  Completely unchanged.  

Not at all looking like "my son plus almost forty years", but "my son, exactly as he was the last time I saw him...that is, exactly like what he'd look like if a doppelganger named Aniz was mimicking him to mess with me."

Tapewolf

Quote from: ishidan on December 02, 2009, 01:49:44 PM
After all, Mom saw her little boy grow from infancy to adolescence at a normal pace-to her, he does age.  She would have seen other kids grow from adolescence to adulthood as she aged.

But not all of them.  Kria, for instance was about 19 or something when they first met.  Also there would have been other creatures of Abel's rough age.  We have no idea how long Hennya would have lived, for example...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lego3400

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 02, 2009, 02:09:25 PM
Quote from: ishidan on December 02, 2009, 01:49:44 PM

But not all of them.  Kria, for instance was about 19 or something when they first met.  Also there would have been other creatures of Abel's rough age.  We have no idea how long Hennya would have lived, for example...

Indeed. She was living in a Demon town. Demons age roughly as slow as a Cubi. She's had 40 years to learn about Cubi as well. She'll probably not be as shocked. There still will be some but once the whole thing registers it'll be fine.

zeldagal12

did anyone else notice how much abel's sorry speech was like Jyras's to lorenda?

and how he was so much like Jyras when he was younger?