10/27/09 [CVRPG News] - Possible thoughts on a new CVRPG feature?

Started by Darkmoon, October 19, 2009, 11:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I'm thinking of implementing (for lack of a better term) a "Member's Area".

Basically, it would be a subscription based area of this forum where I would post comics a month ahead of time (yes, that means I'd have a backlog). Along with the comics, I'd post in commentaries for the comics, so instead of waiting months or years for the commentaries, they'd be accessible to members immediately.

Additionally, I'd be active in the forum, answering questions, sharing details, previewing ideas, artwork, whatever.

The subscription to this would be attached to the forum Member Groups. If you don't have the right group, you can't see the forum. Comics would be stored in a password protected area, and the password would change monthly. Subcriptions would also be monthly, so that if you paid for a month, decided to bail after that, there's no hard feelings and no expectations.

Additionally, if some reason someone doesn't follow the rules (keep secrets secret and follow the standard forums rules), then I can remove their access to the forum and not worry about refunding a year payment in advance.

Cost would probably be $5.

I don't know if there's enough interest in something like this, which is why I'm posting about it here -- see if anyone would like to see this. My goal is to bring in enough during the month to differ server costs (which aren't high, so it's not like I'd have to take in much).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd be interested.

At present, I probably couldn't afford, but... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

KelseyPotter

It sounds like an amazing idea, and I'd be interested.

Like Ilearch, I probably couldn't afford it right now (I'm a broke college student), but if I had the money I'd definitely be interested.

Castle Pokemetroid

Same with me. I don't exactly have a job, so, you know . . .

If I did have a coin to spare, however, you would of already been getting that five a month. But yet, I have but a nickle.

Daoswarrior2033

Dang, i wish i could join but well no job...and i get $100 a month as a alllowence. (i am mentaly disable.) and christmas is coming so sorry.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: SpikeSinistralofSacredness on October 25, 2009, 07:52:53 PM
Dang, i wish i could join but well no job...and i get $100 a month as a alllowence. (i am mentaly disable.) and christmas is coming so sorry.

Your handicap still dosen't explain how you get so much money a month from just an allowence. I only get a nickle, and I carry 5 gallon water buckets every week.

Seems to me that you're family has quite the coin to spare, don't they? I could be wrong, though.

llearch n'n'daCorna

govt allowance, possibly. And that goes for rent and food and everything...

That's my bet, anyway.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

$5 a year?  $5 a month?  $5 per access?

It looks like you mean 5$ a year...

Darkmoon

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on November 01, 2009, 08:37:30 PM
Per month.

You know, the day I get off my lazy ass and get a real job, with actual pay to give me a bit of surplus money to spend, I'll probably join that little club.

For now, I'll just have to do with my nickle, not like there's any reason for me to carry money. Yet, that is.

Darkmoon

Well, I'm still feeling it out to see if I want to do this. Although, come to think of it, I need to post something else as well...