Game: Invisible Friend (Sign up for Round 53)

Started by Gabi, December 14, 2008, 06:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

hmm, this sounds silly enough for me to join...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dannysaysnoo

Gabi

Yay! We have 4 players! That's enough to start the round, although sign-ups will remain open until tomorrow in case more players want to join.

So... who's hosting? Me? Fibre? E?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

e_voyager

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

OK, I'm using this to determine who will host.

It landed on e_voyager!

Here's the result of the roll.

I hope you enjoy hosting this round, E.

e_voyager

almighty then. tomorrow i'll take count of the player pair everyone up and then we can start the game. sigh ups are available for at least 24 more hours. lets have fun with this one people
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Inumo

I'll play. Seems like fun. A tad confused on some rules, though. Namely, what exactly are we supposed to be sending drawings of...? Also, if we're invisible, are we allowed to post here or is all communication through the host?

e_voyager

what you send the draws of is up to you. the questions for your Invisible friend you post here. they answers to your visible friends questions are emailed to the address specified in the pm you revived telling you who your visible friend is. i e the one whose questions you will answer and whom you will be drawing a picture for.

Inumo

Does that mean we're both the visible friend of one and the invisible friend of another...? Also, do you answer with drawings or can you use sentences?

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Gabi

Quote from: Inumo on July 18, 2010, 04:29:50 PM
Does that mean we're both the visible friend of one and the invisible friend of another...?
Yes.

Also, do you answer with drawings or can you use sentences?
You answer with sentences. Answering with drawings would make it a bit too challenging. You do have to send at least one drawing while the round is on, though.

So... I guess we'll start when E gets here.

Inumo

Quote from: Gabi on July 18, 2010, 08:00:56 PM
Does that mean we're both the visible friend of one and the invisible friend of another...?
Yes.

Also, do you answer with drawings or can you use sentences?
You answer with sentences. Answering with drawings would make it a bit too challenging. You do have to send at least one drawing while the round is on, though.

So... I guess we'll start when E gets here.

Thanks for clarifying!

e_voyager

i would have been here sooner but the power in the building was unstable and my alarm clock was resent in my sleep several times it seems. that last just over two hours ago. alrighty then. let me clarify the players then we can start before i rocket out of here to work.

Gabi,  Fibre, Dannysaysnoo,  and That_wolf have all defeinly said they want to play. Danman seems like a strong possibility so i'm counting him in unless he says other wise. so  Inumo are you going to be in this round as well?

Inumo

e_voyager

players are assigned. pms shall arrive in the morning. good luck and have fun everyone

as of 300 seconds ago the  game has begun. the poking stick is to be replaced by the wand of motivation (TM) fluffy  should players lag for extended periods of time. let play had have some fun everyone.

Inumo

First question! Have you (meh invisobeel friend) posted on the game thread corrupt a wish yet again?

VAE

'llright!
Questions for my invisible friend.

1) What kind of music do you like?
2) What OS do you use? If several, list all of them.
3) Do you RP in the Haunted Mansion?
4) Favorite film?
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Dannysaysnoo

Hm. Questions. Let's start small.

Videogames, yes or no?

That_wolf

To my friend behind shadows.

How are you?

Do you come to the arena often, or do you only drop by for this game?

How long have you been on this forum?

What kind of music do you enjoy?

Of all the horror movie killers, which one do you think is the scaryest?
Abel needs a hug...

Fibre

Dear IF,

How are you doing?
What brought you to CMF?
What do you do for work?
What do you do for fun?

Curiously,
- Fibre

e_voyager

those of you who's played with me as a host in the past probably remember that i only post answers in groups of two or more but i must say i was very surprised to see that we have and image right off the bat for this round as well.

Quote from: That_wolf on July 19, 2010, 01:29:01 PM
To my friend behind shadows.

How are you?

Do you come to the arena often, or do you only drop by for this game?

How long have you been on this forum?

What kind of music do you enjoy?

Of all the horror movie killers, which one do you think is the scaryest?
Quote from: That_wolf's Invisible friend
Numbered, in order.

1) At a risk of giving away too much, crappy as my neck hurts.

2) I find a mid-way between the two

3) Longer than you, definitely

4) If it's electronic, chances are i'll like it. Also, i love accordeon.

5) Hmm, i don't watch much horrors, not to mention the fact that i would say the
scariest are the real monsters... people like Manson, Dahmer, Dutroux...
As for the few i have watched.. it does not really matter much as the folks in
the film die all the same, and meeting anything like that wouldn't be much fun.

Quote from: Inumo on July 19, 2010, 12:26:49 PM
First question! Have you (meh invisobeel friend) posted on the game thread corrupt a wish yet again?
Quote from: Inumo's Invisible friend
"That is always a fun game to play. :)

Gabi

Oh... this is an interesting round. Different players... Hmm... Dear IF, what compelled you to join this round?
Do you think we may get to know each other better through this game?
Can you please say a word? Any word.

e_voyager

And here we have even more answers. this round has started off splendidly if i do say so myself. remember all picture / gifts  must be in by August  2,  2010 or in 13 more days.

Quote from: Dannysaysnoo on July 19, 2010, 12:58:59 PM
Hm. Questions. Let's start small.

Videogames, yes or no?
Quote from: Dannysaysnoo's Invisible Friend
yes

Quote from: danman on July 19, 2010, 12:37:03 PM
'llright!
Questions for my invisible friend.

1) What kind of music do you like?
2) What OS do you use? If several, list all of them.
3) Do you RP in the Haunted Mansion?
4) Favorite film?
Quote from: danman's Invisible FriendAnything with a nice tune and
either decent lyrics or no lyrics at all.
Windows and Linux on different computers. I've used Mac a few times
but I rarely get to borrow one of those.
Maybe.
No.

Quote from: Fibre on July 19, 2010, 10:58:08 PM
Dear IF,

How are you doing?
What brought you to CMF?
What do you do for work?
What do you do for fun?

Curiously,
- Fibre
Quote from: Fibre's Invisible Friend
Dear Fibre,

I'm a tad tired right now, though I still have plenty of energy. Thank you for asking!
I wanted answers to a question, admittedly in a very wrong way.
I don't, though I wish I did...
I play some online games, DM a Pathfinder group, websurf, read, write... All sorts of stuff.

Rather frankly,
- Your IF

Dannysaysnoo

Dear Invisnible Friend,

Yes? Oh goodie. What's your favourite, and why?

Inumo

Now that I've done my silly 20Q question, time to know you! :P

Do you read many books? If so, have you ever read The Alchemist (just finished it for school; it's on my mind)?
If you were given the ability to do anything at all in life, what would make you feel the most happy/fulfilled?
Do you believe that a character's name should reflect the person, the person reflect the name, or neither?
In matters of discussion online, heated or otherwise, do you prefer to take an active hand in the debate, or stand by the sidelines and watch?

Fibre

Dear friend,

What then is the career that you wish for?
What sort of web sites and things do you like to read?
Do you enjoy computers?
Do you listen to music?

Sincerely,
- Fibre

e_voyager

I do apologise for letting you all wait this long but apparently i am under the weather and slept for around 14 hours today. very unusual for me as I'm used to getting by on around 5. bet enought about me on to the answers!

Quote from: Gabi on July 20, 2010, 10:05:24 AM
Oh... this is an interesting round. Different players... Hmm... Dear IF, what compelled you to join this round?
Do you think we may get to know each other better through this game?
Can you please say a word? Any word.
Quote from: Gabi's Invisible Friend
Dear Gabi,

I'm not too sure. Maybe I'm just mental.

Probably. It's not impossible.

Hmm.... pizza?

Danman's invisible friend sent this
Quote from: danman's Invisible Friend
Oh! Before I forget.

Quote from: Inumo on July 20, 2010, 01:17:14 PM
Now that I've done my silly 20Q question, time to know you! :P

Do you read many books? If so, have you ever read The Alchemist (just finished it for school; it's on my mind)?
If you were given the ability to do anything at all in life, what would make you feel the most happy/fulfilled?
Do you believe that a character's name should reflect the person, the person reflect the name, or neither?
In matters of discussion online, heated or otherwise, do you prefer to take an active hand in the debate, or stand by the sidelines and watch?
Quote from: Inumo's Invisible Friend
I used to read a lot but sadly I have not in quite a while aside from
just a few books. I've not heard of The Alchemist.
It's hard to say but I suppose I've always wanted to be a pilot.
I don't think a name has any connection besides as an identifier with
what the name refers to.
I don't take part in heated discussions, though if I have something to
say and it is a polite discussion I will usually say it.

Quote from: Fibre on July 21, 2010, 01:13:10 PM
Dear friend,

What then is the career that you wish for?
What sort of web sites and things do you like to read?
Do you enjoy computers?
Do you listen to music?

Sincerely,
- Fibre
Quote from: Fibre's Invisible Friend

Dear Fibre,

At the moment, I am torn between experimenting with genetics and designing games. I can always explain to you the ideas that inspired me into these fields, should you be curious enough to ask.
Well, I read a collection of 39 webcomics, and use StumbleUpon to discover a wide range of websites. Some of my favorites are http://www.sambakza.net for the There She Is!! series, http://en.genzu.net/buki and the other generators on the same site, and http://www.zefrank.com/string_spin/spin_1.html as a fun little toy. In terms of books, I've read a wide range of books, from the Wheel of Time series to Ventus to Bless Me, Ultima
As a matter of fact, I do; at least, enough to have learned how to take one apart and put it back together without exploding the motherboard and turning it into a couple hundred dollars of junk.
What would life be without music? The two bands I listen to the most are probably Fun and Train, though I also have quite a few bands people have never heard of, like Witches and Bulldog Mansion.

Honestly answering,
- Your IF

Inumo

So, IF, I just realized I may have mis-referred you when I said señor. So, are you a señor or señor(it)a?
Beyond that, how many things would you say you do when nobody's looking? Name three, if you're okay with it.
How politically correct do you speak normally?
Finally, what would you say takes up the plurality (largest percentage) of your time?

VAE

Dear invisible friend. You have passed the first round... so onto the second..

1) No favorite film... Is this due to a lack of good films?
2) Do you have a job?
3) Swearing... how often do you swear? Do you swear more IRL or online?
4) Do you have any hobbies? What do you do for fun?
5) DnD 4.0 is basically "3.5 for dummies edition". Do you agree with the previous statement? why/why not?
Saphroneth

That_wolf

To that friend who is shy

What is your favorite color?

What is your quest?

Do you watch any Monty Python?

You say you post here a little bit. what games do you play?

You say you love the accordion. Do you play it?

If yes, for how long have you played it?

How do you think this round is going?

How many times have you played Invisible Friend on this forum, before?
Abel needs a hug...