Go Amber Go - O Canada

Started by Naldru, September 22, 2009, 12:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

I'm assuming that Amber is just nervous about completing the immigration process, and I just thought that I'd start this topic for well wishing to Amber and congratulations when she completes the process.

Good luck Amber, and take a deep breath.  Don't go crazy, the world needs DMFA.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Well, I suspect it's more "seriously busy" than "nervous", but all the same, fingers crossed...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shirou14

Hooray! soon Amber will be in our land of canada! then with our army of dog sleds and her comics, we SHALL RULE THE WORLD! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously! go Amber! good luck too ya!

Starcat5

It's wednesday. Hopefully after today this song won't be taunting Amber anymore: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWQf13B8epw
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Amber Williams

Like all great plans, this one has had something unexpected happen to trip it up.

Namely my car insurance papers have gone missing as well as my bank delaying on the money transfer...and that isn't something I want to drive over the border and back (especially since I'd be having to declare my car)  when I only have 65 bucks in my bank.

However, now that all the paperwork (sans insurance papers which are being mailed now) is together in a nice easy and convenient folder, that means the last actual step is to just drive out to the border, paperwork dump and sign, and drive back.  Something that should only take an afternoon which I can likely easily do next week during my weekend.

So yay but bleh.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 23, 2009, 04:12:47 PM
Namely my car insurance papers have gone missing as well as my bank delaying on the money transfer...and that isn't something I want to drive over the border and back (especially since I'd be having to declare my car)  when I only have 65 bucks in my bank.

Ew.  Still, that aside, good to hear that everything is in hand.  I bet it's a great relief.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Hmm, I'm beginning to think Canada is a fair bit like Wales. Cold, wet with a difficult language in parts. Oh and free health care. And occupationally though of as being part of another country not a country on its own.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Corgatha Taldorthar

well, it's almost over Amber. You've hung on this long, you can last just a teeny bit more. We're pulling for you over here.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Sofox

God bless Amber, I'll be praying for you.

Thirty Second Artbomb

Ah, lost paperwork. Is there anything it can't slow down?

And since I can't come up with a reasonable segue here, I'll just drop a link to some inspirational music and run away screaming.

Amber Williams

On the plus side...the paperwork is literally at its end. Once I get my car insurance stuff, it is just an afternoon of talking and that should be it.  I live about one hour away from one of the borders so its literally an hour drive, an hour of talking and finalizing, and an hour drive back.

And I have until January to do this. However I don't want to put it off till the last minute...especially since winter is a the worst driving weather ever.  So odds are sometimes in the next couple of weeks I shall take the trip.   If anything, this week I was able to finish all the paperwork so I can focus again on other things.

Yugo

:D

On a serious note though, I hope you actually do find the paperwork and it all works out to your satisfaction, Amber.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Shirou14

Curses! our plans to rule the world are being foiled by the US government! we sha;; have to use our secret weapon! LOAD THE MAPLE SYRUP CANON! nothign can survive that attack X3
Jk X3 good luck amber!

Naldru

Although the maple syrup canon might result in a sticky situation, have you seen the pumpkin chucker canons.  They're simply smashing although the people who design them have got to be out of their gourd.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Chaos

Quote from: Shirou14 on September 23, 2009, 10:30:56 PM
Curses! our plans to rule the world are being foiled by the US government! we sha;; have to use our secret weapon! LOAD THE MAPLE SYRUP CANON! nothign can survive that attack X3
Jk X3 good luck amber!

Actually, we sent our best weapon over the border in an attempt to wrest control, but it backfired. I mean we felt a little guilty sending it in the first place, but when people started to LIKE her, we knew we were truly outclassed. Oh, Celene Dion, why did you fail us.

Alondro

Quote from: Chaos on September 24, 2009, 06:32:32 AM
Quote from: Shirou14 on September 23, 2009, 10:30:56 PM
Jk X3 good luck amber!

Actually, we sent our best weapon over the border in an attempt to wrest control, but it backfired. I mean we felt a little guilty sending it in the first place, but when people started to LIKE her, we knew we were truly outclassed. Oh, Celene Dion, why did you fail us.

You fools should have known that plan would fail!  After all, the USA is where Cher and Vanilla Ice became popular! 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Succubus_1982

Yeh but isn't Canada responsible for Celine Dion (still haven't forgiven them for that) who has more destructive power to the eardrums
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Gabi

Go Amber, Go Amber, Go!... And come back to tell us how everything went. :D
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Brunhidden

i must wonder if canada is just that leery of letting yanks into its borders or if all countries have a legal immigration policy that requires this long to complete. if i am to someday move to sweden its just scary to think that amber has been doing this just to go to a country she shared a border with

still, i hope its reassuring to know that this many people show concern and wish you a speedy canadianship

when this is at an end there shall be a grand celebration, the peasants shall rejoice, there shall be tacos, and possibly some embarrasing dancing.... possibly the macarena or the carmeldansen
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

schala

:goamber
Go Amber! Missing paperwork aside, I'm glad to hear all is going well. Anytime the comic page is not updated in a while, I hope that everything is okay...

Glad to hear you're not sick again. Here's to a speedy induction as a Canadian for you (even though us Americans will miss you on this side of the border...).

- Schala  :januscat

Rakyth

Thirty Second Artbomb

Quote from: rakyth on September 25, 2009, 02:30:49 AM
Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on September 23, 2009, 06:17:35 PM

Speeding train.

Sure it can. Lose the engine maintenance schedule and that train ain't goin' anywhere until you find it.

Naldru

Quote from: rakyth on September 25, 2009, 02:30:49 AM
Quote from: Thirty Second Artbomb on September 23, 2009, 06:17:35 PM

Speeding train.
Actually, losing the paperwork on where the other trains are can cause you to wait for information to prevent you from running into another train.

techmaster-glitch

He said "speeding" train. I would think that refers to a train that's already in motion, and losing paperwork after the fact wouldn't change that...

Keleth

What about the paperwork for the fuel requisition? :3
Help! I'm gay!

Scarydragon

If enough lost paperwork was stacked on the train tracks it might be enough to derail the train. That'd be one hell of a lot of lost paperwork though.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

AmigaDragon

Rather than starting a new topic...
Quote from: Amber...you have never quite experienced life until you have experienced the sensation of having to go on an elevator with a 6foot tall and 4 foot wide white gorilla doll.
Pictures... where's the pictures?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Scarydragon on September 25, 2009, 09:40:24 PM
If enough lost paperwork was stacked on the train tracks it might be enough to derail the train. That'd be one hell of a lot of lost paperwork though.

You could always use it to light the fire under the boiler...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Chaos

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 26, 2009, 02:52:03 AM
Rather than starting a new topic...
Quote from: Amber...you have never quite experienced life until you have experienced the sensation of having to go on an elevator with a 6foot tall and 4 foot wide white gorilla doll.
Pictures... where's the pictures?

There are pictures, apparently, good luck finding them. Neither Amber or Mason has them, neither do I.

Lucheek

...I want to know the story behind the Gorilla Doll.