Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (IC) [M] {2}

Started by Gareeku, July 21, 2006, 05:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Acknowledging Jakob's plan, Gabi replied.
"Not sure, Jay. It was still at the table when I left last night. The last one to leave must have taken it."
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Hilary

Anzimani let the purple glow around her hands fade, and crossed her arms. She gritted her teeth, biting back a protest. She couldn't help not trusting the newcomer. She wouldn't say anything for now, but she would keep an eye on him. After all, that gun could be helpful-- as long as it remained on the right side.

Gareeku

Feeling Gabi's touch of his hand and hearing her words, Gareeku removed the bandage which was wrapped around his wounded arm. Having removed the bandage, it could clearly be seen that the impact of the bullet had shattered the bone in his elbow, parts of which were protuding from the wound. Observing his damaged arm, Gareeku's eyes suddenly spotted the bullet which has caused the injury; lodged in his elbow, having blown its way nearly all the way through. Saying nothing, Gareeku then reached into the wound, a grimace appearing on the wolf's face as pain shot up and down his arm, before removing the hand, the bullet between his fingers.
"Ok, the bullet's out." Gareeku said, a slight grin on his fce as he spoke. Hearing Jakob speak of the map, Gareeku reached into his top, pulling the folded-up map out and unfolding the paper. On the back of the paper was a new message:

You must first journey to a land where many a winged creature dwell. Not a town, nor a village.

Raising his eyebrow at this apparent riddle, Gareeku began to think of what it could mean...

Gabi

While Gareeku looked at the map, Gabi focused on healing him. She was curious about the new message too, but other things took precedence. She was sure she'd find out more eventually anyway.

Tapewolf

'Jay' stared at the map over Gareeku's shoulder.
You must first journey to a land where many a winged creature dwell. Not a town, nor a village.
It didn't make a lot of sense to him, either. City?  Hamlet?  Commune?  There's a lot of birds that live on or above the sea.. but it says 'land'...
"Penguins in the arctic?" he said, thinking out loud, and walked over to Paladin.
"I guess you're here to help investigate the kidnappings," he said.  "Do you have any leads, by chance?  We don't have an awful lot to go on so far."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

"I doubt it's penguins," Gabi said automatically. "They usually live in the South and I've yet to meet a penguin creature. But lots of creatures do have wings, that's not much of a clue."

She finished treating Gareeku's wound.

"There," she said. "I don't need to tell you to be careful. Not that you will, even if I do."

She half-smiled. There was something to be said for adventurers putting the needs of others before their own, but they never made good patients. Then again, she couldn't really complain. She had become an adventurer of sorts herself.

"Who else is hurt?," she asked the group.

Gareeku

Hearing Gabi's words, Gareeku grinned.
"Thanks Gabi...hey now, I'm careful...just not very often." he said with a chuckle, before resuming his efforts in trying to figure out what the message on the map could mean...

Hilary

Anzimani sat down on the floor in the hallway, leaning her back against the wall. "Cubi have wings... what about SAIA?"
She rested her chin on her hand. "That's the only thing that comes to mind. Though maybe a... kingdom, or something like that." She shook her head. "It seems adventurers are destined to always be given vague instruction."

Paladin Sheppard

"Not much sorry, 'Jay' just an overall picture from where people have gone missing."
Pal handed over the map he has to Gareeku.
"No pattern I could figure out."

Arcalane

Quote from: Hilary on August 17, 2006, 08:29:35 PM
Anzimani sat down on the floor in the hallway, leaning her back against the wall. "Cubi have wings... what about SAIA?"
She rested her chin on her hand. "That's the only thing that comes to mind. Though maybe a... kingdom, or something like that." She shook her head. "It seems adventurers are destined to always be given vague instruction."

Arc ponders. He then points at Anzi.

"Would a Phoenix Temple be considered a town or village?"

He smiles.

"The Phoenix Oracles are winged, correct?"

RJ

Blaze rubbed the underside of his chin as he listened. "Even if it wasn't the right place... a phoenix oracle would be helpful anyway..."

Just as long as it doesn't mean going anywhere near the ruins of Sanctuary Island, then I'm fine, he thought cautiously.

Tapewolf

"Helpful?" said Jay, turning to face Arc and Blaze.  "In my experience they'll be about as helpful as that letter."
He paused, thinking it through.  "On the other hand, if it was written by an Oracle, that could be why it has been so secretive..."

Hilary

Anzimani looked up at Arc's words. "That would make sense," she said slowly. "Though I'm afraid I don't know very much about the Pheonix A group. They might be more helpful if it's another pheonix looking for information." She fiddled with a piece of her hair, looking doubtful. "But I admit, not much can persuade them to speak plainly."

Arcalane

Arc grins.

"And that's why I'm not afraid to play dirty when it comes to getting information..."

"...bar torture, of course."

He smirks.

"You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

Tapewolf

Jay looked at Arc strangely.  "Are you proposing to question the Phoenix Oracles at gunpoint?"  He pondered the idea.  "It might work.
On the other hand, the succubus Aaryanna did something quite similar and got a completely distorted prophecy as a result.  She almost ended up killing the son of her friend and mentor, or so I've heard.  Then again, they might simply kill you with their powers.

"Anyway, if no-one has any better ideas, we ought to give the Oracles a try, I suppose.  Assuming Paladin is coming, that gives us two warp-acis, doesn't it?  We can split into two groups, or perhaps they can take the party a few at a time.

"I don't think there'll be any need to knock at the temple - they 'll have foreseen us coming, after all." he added cynically.

Arcalane

Arc snorts at Jay's last comment.

"Then they'll know we mean business and haven't time to listen to or `decode` any stupidly vague prophecies."

Gareeku

Upon the mention of the phoenix oracles, Gareeku grimaced. It was safe to say that he did not like them at all. He had never dealt with them himself, but the amount of stories he had heard concerning their vagueing and often lying created a deep distrust in Gareeku.
"I have no time for the phoenix oracles, myself," the wolf growled, folding his arms as he lent against the wall, "but if you guys think they would help at all, which i highly doubt even when at gunpoint, then i'll go along. Just be warned though, one or two of them may end up with a few injuries."

Tapewolf

"Well, I don't know," said Jay. "perhaps they'll be able to foresee our mercenary friend here going on an orgy of destruction if they give us a bum steer.

"Mind you, I'm perfectly happy to try the penguins instead if you think that would be a better idea."

Hilary

"Does anyone know where the nearest pheonix temple is?" Anzimani straightened up. "I don't know of one anywhere near here, although I haven't been here long."

Nikki

A deep sigh from the doorway signals a thought from the mixed-breed. "five miles down." is her only reply before she returns to her silence. Better to keep quiet for now than reveal anything that might get her in trouble.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gabi

"I don't have much experience with Phoenix Oracles, but maybe if we explore the area around the temple we can find someone who does," Gabi suggested. "I've heard rumors about some non-phoenixes working at the temples, not as oracles, but doing maintenance work and other tasks. I haven't met any myself, but if it happens to be true, we could get some help from one of them. And if it's not... Well, even an obscure clue is better than nothing."

Arcalane

"If we're going to head there, I suggest we split up - some to go to the temple whilst others search the grounds and area around the temple itself. Any of you know the region down there at all well?"

Arc casts his glances over the group, watching them and sizing them all up.

Nikki

The mixed-breed stands back up and walks next to Gabi. "Going to a temple could also be dangerous. There might be a chance that an enemy is one step ahead of us already, you know?" she says before casting her own glance around the group

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Gabi

Gabi raised an eyebrow at the warning.

"And how is that different from staying here?," she questioned.

Nikki

Xzeliea cowers a little, not having thought of that. "Good point." she says, straightening up a little.

Tapewolf

Jakob, still in his raccoon disguise, was leaning indolently against a wall as the debate went back and forth.  As it began to settle, he folded his arms and looked at the others.  "So," he said, "are we agreed then?  We'll try the Phoenix temple.  I'd be surprised if the answer makes sense until we've already worked it out ourselves, but it's got to be safer than sitting here and waiting for the kidnapper to arrive."

Hilary

"Sounds good to me." Anzimani stood, pulling her pack up with her. "Something new might be revealed on the way there, too. And maybe I'll be able to ask them how everyone back home is doing." She rolled her eyes. "Though I'll probably get some jibberish about 'the sands of time.'"

Arcalane

Quote from: Xze-Xze on September 02, 2006, 10:44:36 AM
The mixed-breed stands back up and walks next to Gabi. "Going to a temple could also be dangerous. There might be a chance that an enemy is one step ahead of us already, you know?" she says before casting her own glance around the group

"Then it's a risk worth taking."

Arc turns around and eyes Gareeku.

"Stand aside. I'm going out the way I came in. If you guys want to stand here all day and chatter idly, so be it. Time doesn't stop for the idle, and I'm sure I needn't remind you of the objectives."

Gareeku

"No, you don't, oh mighty leader...* Gareeku stated, his voice dripping with sarcasm as he replied to Arc's statement, walking in front of as he did so and calling to the others, "Let's get moving."

Outside of the inn, Gareeku stood on the spot with his arms crossed, his brown hooded cloak blowing softly in the breeze as he waited for theo thers in case they needed to pack anything.
"I take it you don't trust that Arc guy..." Li said while perching on the wolf's shoulder.
"Of course I don't. But he will be a useful member of the group." Gareeku replied in a calm voice, not caring if anyone heard him or not.

Paladin Sheppard

Paladin followed Gareeku out the door, once out side he droped a heavy gauntlet onto his shoulder. "Want me to watch our backtrail or stick to the main group?"