-
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 27, 2006, 07:29:57 PM
Here are the sketches I said I would post today for JP morris.

The first one I posted before on the old DMFA forum but I couldn't remember if it was what he wanted or not.

Steeljaw, Captian of the guard
The guard to the warg city
Suretooth the weaver : The first two sketches are scanned from my sketch book and the other two are edits from those scans.

The ones that are good I will ink and color and post them tomorrow, the ones that are not will be re-drawn.

Thanks, Shadrok.  Those are all good.
The guard with full-face helmet would be very, very handy to have since it could be used for all the system-generated wolf-guards, and you can use the base for the city guard, but really he should have his helmet off since he has to talk to the player.

Thanks again - I'll look at them again in about 9 hours, to make sure they're still as good in the morning :)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2006, 07:41:36 PM
Thanks again - I'll look at them again in about 9 hours, to make sure they're still as good in the morning :)

Ok I'll go ahead and Ink them and have them ready for color.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Shadrok

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 27, 2006, 07:47:10 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2006, 07:41:36 PM

Ok I'll go ahead and Ink them and have them ready for color.

Yes, if you could. For the gatesman (whose name eludes me right now), you could just draw a replacement head which you or I could then 'plug in' to the body of the fully-armoured guard.
A 'terrified' head for Suretooth would be very handy as well, if that can be arranged.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Gareeku

Awesome work once again, Shadrok. :)

Shadrok

Thanks Gareeku. :)

I finished coloring the Steeljaw sketch and saved in 16 bit.

Decided to time myself, and you can see how long it took me for each step.

JP which of the Suretooth sketches works (from the two on top)?  The first one or the one next to it? I was trying for the nervis look. The only difference between the two is that the first one has his head up high and the other has it a little lower.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 28, 2006, 02:43:10 PM

Brilliant.  I'll work from the larger one (with the timings) I think, since his neck tapers away in the 320x200 version.  As a rule I like to work from larger images and rescale them, since it gives me more leeway for compositing etc.

JP which of the Suretooth sketches works (from the two on top)?  The first one or the one next to it? I was trying for the nervis look. The only difference between the two is that the first one has his head up high and the other has it a little lower.

The lowered head, I think.  The nervous smile is handy for when he gets to know you, but it would also be handy to have an 'oh shit, it's a human!' expression, since that is his default attitude until you can win his confidence.

Cheers,

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 28, 2006, 02:53:18 PM
Quote from: Shadrok on July 28, 2006, 02:43:10 PM

Brilliant.  I'll work from the larger one (with the timings) I think, since his neck tapers away in the 320x200 version.  As a rule I like to work from larger images and rescale them, since it gives me more leeway for compositing etc.

Ok I'll do the others at 640x400.

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 28, 2006, 02:53:18 PM
JP which of the Suretooth sketches works (from the two on top)?  The first one or the one next to it? I was trying for the nervous look. The only difference between the two is that the first one has his head up high and the other has it a little lower.

The lowered head, I think.  The nervous smile is handy for when he gets to know you, but it would also be handy to have an 'oh shit, it's a human!' expression, since that is his default attitude until you can win his confidence.

Cheers,

Ok now I can get started on that one. After I finish coloring the sketches that I've posted I'll start on Drake Manaweilder avi, Then work on sketching Suretooth and Steeljaw's other pics.

******   Updated   ******

click for larger view

Shadrok

Tapewolf

Shadrok, those are wonderful.  I really don't know what else to say.

Here are some screenshots of the conversation system:

http://rotj.it-he.org/shots/ire_gmat.png

http://rotj.it-he.org/shots/ire_gmas.png

Note that for the gatesman I've grafted Suretooth's face onto the guard's body.  As I mentioned, a new head would be preferable because the guard should look stern and not happy, but it will do for now.

**EDIT**

And here's Steeljaw (not to be confused with Steel from Fire Upon The Deep):

http://rotj.it-he.org/shots/ire_gmau.png

Shadrok

:meh yeah old art from 2002 and 2003. :meh

Just thought I should post something to keep the thread going while I work on Drake Manaweilder avi.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

I decided to do for The Gay Hare's (TGH) birthday.

:bday

I hope you have a good one :)

thegayhare

Ahem...
*takes a deep breath*
mi mi mi mi

SQUEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh man Shadrok thats so cool
thank you so much*
hugs*

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on August 08, 2006, 01:22:50 PM
I decided to do for The Gay Hare's (TGH) birthday.
I hope you have a good one :)

Well he seems to like it.  And unlike the raccoon, which was a little on the canid side, I can safely say that is definitely a hare. :)

Suwako

Bunnaroo

Great Hare, and the only thing that could set off a metal detector is the guns, unless there's something I don't want to know about...

I don't know, the earrings would have enhanced the "rebel" look...

Falcarthum

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Shadrok

Thanks TGH I'm glad you liked it.

Here's a little bit about the guns. I based them off of an 1850's Colt revolver replica that my dad has.

thegayhare

Looks similer to the model I've got here.  It was my dads 
Black powder revolver with a hinged locking ram rod.

My favorite old revolver was the Lemat pistol  a 7 shot officers side arm... six nomal bullets and the seventh was actualy a shotgun cartrige in the center of the cylinder.

course these are all a little modern for pirates but ehh who cares.  *giggles*

I love my piratey self *purrs*
thank you again Mister Shadrok,  If there is ever anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask

Bunnaroo

Quote from: thegayhare on August 10, 2006, 01:01:13 AM
My favorite old revolver was the Lemat pistol  a 7 shot officers side arm... six nomal bullets and the seventh was actualy a shotgun cartrige in the center of the cylinder.
So, how did one fire the shotgun in the center, and how "acurate" was it?

thegayhare

Sorry to go a little off topic here Mr Shadrok

Quote from: Bunnaroo on August 10, 2006, 09:09:35 AM
So, how did one fire the shotgun in the center, and how "acurate" was it?

Ohh I was wrong about something else the cylender held 10 shots 9  .42 cal balls and the one 16 gauge buckshot charge

To fire the shotgun charge you pulled back the hammer then you pused the tip of the hammer forward part of it was hinged so that it would then hit the second firing pin.

See the little switch on the back of the hammer thats what pivited the striker down to fire the shotgun charge.

It was probably about as acurate then your average sawn off shot gun,  but it was a last ditch close range move so accuracy wasn't a big issue.  It was nicknamed the Grapshot Revolver by confederate troops.

Shadrok

The Lemat is a unique and interesting gun. I have to say I'm a bit of a Winchester fan myself.

my dad's pistol and rifle, both of which he used when he was doing civil war reenactments.

I have plans to draw a picture like this with the historic look to it at some time but so far have yet to do so. It's not like I don't have the refferences to do one :)

***EDIT***
just created a thread where we can continue to talk about guns and what not.
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=800.0

Tapewolf

Shadrok, you might like this:  http://rotj.it-he.org/screens.htm

By the way, have you managed to get anywhere with the wolf king or Grey yet?  They're probably the most important waarg at the moment..

Shadrok

Here's a picture for Drake Manaweilder.

The text on the blade says "Drake Manaweilder" and is writen in runes.

(rune referinces found here)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on August 18, 2006, 06:53:59 PM
Here's a picture for Drake Manaweilder.

That's pretty good.  It matches the description "Teenaged Wolf- Angel" to a tee, I reckon.  I am curious - how long did it take?

Drake Manaweilder

Shadrok

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on August 19, 2006, 01:44:48 PM
That. Freaking. Rocks!
I owe you big-time!

:D I'm glad you like it.

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 19, 2006, 06:06:23 AM
That's pretty good.  It matches the description "Teenaged Wolf- Angel" to a tee, I reckon.  I am curious - how long did it take?
Thanks.

Roughly guessing, I would say about 3 hours for the sketch and 5 hours for the color and shading. The hardiest thing about the drawing was the wings, since I've not drawn many feathered wings, but I felt better about how they turned out after adding the shading.

James StarRunner

Does this mean I'm not the only angel on the forum now?

Good pic, the hands look a trifle bit too small though.