Woop.

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, August 18, 2009, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

I just became Admin on another site. I was going to make a topic for it to help get new members because it's relatively new, but I figured I'd get in trouble for doing so.
I'm back, and tired.

Zina

...so why did you make a topic about it at all?

JackTheCubiWolf

I was really excited and I made it before I knew what I was doing.
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

oooookaaaaaay.... y'know admin of a site isn't like getting a nobel prize or anything.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Damaris

awww, stop being mean.  Congrats :)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

JackTheCubiWolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 18, 2009, 11:36:23 PM
oooookaaaaaay.... y'know admin of a site isn't like getting a nobel prize or anything.  :U

I know it just I never thought I'd get a position like that. And I've made many improvements already. The creator of the site is new to the forum thing so my knowledge of forums will help a lot. And thanks Damaris. And could I maybe get some tips from an experienced Admin?
I'm back, and tired.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Wrap yourself in an aura of infallibility and mystique. Don't try to be friendly with anyone, and say it "helps you maintain objectivity". Use obscure and hard to understand words (longer is better) but be sure you use them in manners that are correct.

Don't listen to wiseguys :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

JackTheCubiWolf

K. It's going to be hard to do that with my ADHD.
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

Quote from: JackTheCubiWolf on August 19, 2009, 12:44:58 AM
K. It's going to be hard to do that with my ADHD.

i dunno, Llearch seems to manage just fine.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

JackTheCubiWolf

I'm 16 with ADHD. He has had years to learn how to control it. Although, I do know when I have to be serious.
I'm back, and tired.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You've had years. I've been in control since I was twelve.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

Well, I'm starting to get control but I still sometimes act up in school.
I'm back, and tired.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 20, 2009, 01:41:11 AM
You've had years. I've been in control since I was twelve.

Says the fellow who spends half his time cackling madly about what, half the time, we don't know. :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on August 21, 2009, 06:26:18 AM
Says the fellow who spends half his time cackling madly about what, half the time, we don't know. :P

That's not the ADHD, though. That's just the insanity.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Damaris

If there are more than one admin, make sure to discuss things as much as possible.  Don't let admin disagreements ooze over onto the regular portions of the forum - keep a united front.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

JackTheCubiWolf

Me and the other admin, creator of the forum, get along pretty well. We been trying to have a pokemon battle but we've been having problems connecting. He's said he's going to get a new ds.
I'm back, and tired.