Devin the CREATURE!

Started by Talonr, July 20, 2006, 01:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talonr

Note: Random nit-picking disguised in the form of sarcasm will now follow.

< sarcasm >
I fully believe that Devin is the Creature stalking those woods and killing those poor innocent beings!  Obviously, he must be some sort of shapeshifting creature, so he himself may very well be a Cubi!

You may mock me, you may dispute my beliefs, but I offer concrete evidence that he has shapeshifting abilities!  Observe:

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_35.php  - The first time we see Devin in this story.  Please take careful not of.... his TAIL!  Note the longer full, tasseling the tip.  Note that the rest of his tail does not have this .. it is thin, slender.....

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_36.php - Ah, but here, on the very next page.. if you admire his fuzziness, you will see that the longer hairs have extended further down his tail!  They are longer just a tassel at the tip, they now appear to travel half of the length of his tail!

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_40.php - And finally, the most recent page where we see that his ENTIRE TAIL now has these longer hairs on it!  Slowly but surely he is transforming his very disguise before the eyes of his company!
< /sarcasm >

I adore that tail. o_o  I just want to hug it.

Netami

By god, he's right! Get the torches! Pitchforks!  :B

Welcome to the forum.

RJ

Manawolf

Holy crap...yet it ops to stand in front of Abel in order to see the further progression.

Ramsey

Part of me wants to say that you're right, but the other part of me wants to say that you have too much time on your hands and are looking into this too deeply. D:

Which part do I belieeeve?!

Talonr

The second part. :3  I admit, it's because I'm obsessed with his tail.  It's so fluffy and cute, I went back through the archives to look at it and I was like '... hey.. wait a minute..'

ITOS

Conspiracy strikes again! D:

And welcome to the new forum, have a cookie. :mowcookie
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Talonr

Glee, cookies! :D *does a dance*

Rowne

He needs not to worry, I'd say.  After all, tails are the key to being on top of any situation.  Almost everyone here was obsessed with the desire to hug and ruffle his tail rather than looking too closely at it.  Truly, he could flaunt his creatureness and only the most sharp of wits would notice the changes.

Then again, on the other paw, I'd say that he's just a being who's been subjected to so much magic that his tail is in a state of flux.  After all, if he had truly discovered the secret of the tail, he'd be in a position of power and money now, with riches, joys and concubines beyond comparison, instead of trudging through the woods on an adventuring mission.

Perhaps that's why Xander's there, to keep an eye on the tail, to ensure that our boy Devin [whom until recently I had named incorrectly] does not learn of his hidden abilities and abuse them.

*Cough.*

bill

"It's just a show, you should really just relax"

Rowne

Are silly and facetious discussions being taken seriously again?  One day, I'll find a way to turn that oddity of human nature to my advantage.  Yes, one day.

llearch n'n'daCorna

How about the 7437th of September 1993?

I think that's a Friday...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Silverfoxr

the long tail concept was orginally used by zina :)
that or you have a tail- fetish hehehe ^^ :mowwink

Gabi

Quote from: Rowne on July 20, 2006, 09:11:10 AM
Are silly and facetious discussions being taken seriously again?  One day, I'll find a way to turn that oddity of human nature to my advantage.  Yes, one day.
This is the DMFA forum. People here are constantly looking for things to speculate about. The least sense they make, the more speculation and discussions they will raise.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Mesmirez

Personally, I suspect Xander's the creature (a demon since he doesn't have wings I guess). If he's not, well, I never knew dalmations had red eyes before >:3.

Also, my (RL) chihuahua has a tail just like Devin's.

Raskahn

Devin's tail, Xanders eyes.. they truely are an odd couple and then the whole sodomy and cockmuncher thing.... gets a fur thinking.

Rowne

I know that Gabi, it was mostly a statement of rhetoric in regards to my belief that not too many take their beliefs regarding Devin being a Creature too seriously.  That's all I meant by that.  I know my post was far from serious.

As for Xander being a Creature, that's something I have commented on!  I mentioned that way back, I think I was one of the first (on this board at least, I don't visit the other anymore), if not the first to comment on him being a Demon.  A Demon Dalmation!  Amber's mind works in twisted ways.

I'm betting that with the way he follows Devin around so amiably and quietly most of the time, there's some kind of pact of honour going on there.  Devin probably got involved in some kind of Creature skirmish a while back and saved our favourite Dalmation's hide from goodness knows what and having taken that as a debt of honour, Xander now follows Devin around and keeps him safe.

Just a theory, o'course.  Since I can't help but wonder why a Demon would defer to a Being.

----

Oh and Lone, with what you've just said and my little hypothesis, that gives the slash writers much to work with.  >.<

Cheese Foxlee

Per haps he is already here, you just don't know it! :mowtongue

Sid

Quote from: Rowne on July 20, 2006, 04:37:28 PM
A Demon Dalmation!  Amber's mind works in twisted ways.
...watching Disney's "101 Dalmatians" will never be the same again after that fateful day... >:3

Quote from: Rowne on July 20, 2006, 04:37:28 PMOh and Lone, with what you've just said and my little hypothesis, that gives the slash writers much to work with.  >.<
Isn't Devin/Xander one of the most widespread theses of Abel's Story anyway? And I like your "Devin saved Xander" theory...
:boogie

Nerikull

Saaaaaayyyyyy....

I dunno. This could very well twist on us and have the monstah be something completely out of the blu....like an escaped Mab brownie, you know? They are dangerous without walnuts....

:kittydevious
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Nikki

Quote from: Talonr on July 20, 2006, 02:31:37 AM
The second part. :3  I admit, it's because I'm obsessed with his tail.  It's so fluffy and cute, I went back through the archives to look at it and I was like '... hey.. wait a minute..'
Xze's tail is fluffy...*hugs her tail* it's ok..i still ove you...*uses it for a pillow and falls asleep*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

e_voyager

i was thinking that he may be using adventuring as a cover but he as thwe creature i'm not sure. this killer could be a being for all we know he  could just belive it's a creature. it is a difeent time after all.

Aw isn't Xze-Xze cuite sleeping like that. she remined me of a kittin i used to know
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Flame

His tail holds immense power.  The power of speculation. :mwaha

topher chee

Mab's tail is by far the fluffiest!!! xD

Zedd

I say mabs browines are great theirs nothing wrong with..GAHAHHHH!!  LUCID DAYDREAMSSS!!

topher chee

hehehe, we should try some of Hyde's brownies

Rowne

Hm, this thread has degenerated into pure anarchy.  I approve!

I have the one tail to rule them all!

Ahem.  Moving right along ...

Thanks Sid.  I think that's likely considering how volatile Creature / Being relationships were before the council was setup.  Hey, Tape, you're good with history so could you help me out here?

If I remember correctly, at the point where Abel's story takes place, the undead hadn't created the council that keeps Beings safe and awards them with better rights?

So I can't see a Creature and a Being as friends under normal circumstances, in those times [before the council].

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, I can. I mean - what's to stop a negro and a white guy from being friends, back in the southern US before the civil war? It's not supposed to happen, but it still does.

People are strange critters. Anything, and I mean -anything- you can think of, someone somewhere does because they get off on it.

On a slightly different subject, I've been scripting away merrily on various things, and I was wondering about the Abel's Story stuff from earlier. Specifically... Abel's statement that "Adventurers don't smile" - did his Dad not teach him that all -good- adventurers smile when they have the upper hand? :-) It struck me that perhaps he was missing something in the way that Beings and Creatures (and Beings and Beings, for that matter) interact...

Just a thought... I had a few others as well...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sid

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 08:56:42 AM
Oh, I can. I mean - what's to stop a negro and a white guy from being friends, back in the southern US before the civil war? It's not supposed to happen, but it still does.
[...]
Abel's statement that "Adventurers don't smile" - did his Dad not teach him that all -good- adventurers smile when they have the upper hand? :-)
About the first part:
I think the defining term there was "normal circumstances". Yes, Creatures and Beings can be friends, just like cats and dogs can be friends and just like people can live together with a pack of wolves or something. But in general, that's not the case since the average Creature and the average Being are going to be biased based on what they were taught. That's at least my interpretation of the point Rowne touched there.

Second part:
Can you give me a link? I don't think I quite recall that quote, but it's also been eons since I last went through the Abel-Archives and I don't have enough time to do so now (Stupid Economics exams... *curses*). Your thesis sounds quite interesting, though!
:boogie

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on July 24, 2006, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 24, 2006, 08:56:42 AM
Abel's statement that "Adventurers don't smile" - did his Dad not teach him that all -good- adventurers smile when they have the upper hand? :-)
Second part:

Can you give me a link? I don't think I quite recall that quote, but it's also been eons since I last went through the Abel-Archives and I don't have enough time to do so now (Stupid Economics exams... *curses*). Your thesis sounds quite interesting, though!

http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_10.php

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E