8/03/09 [DMFA #1027] - Topiary?

Started by The_one_who_is_odd, August 03, 2009, 12:47:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_one_who_is_odd

What is Albanion wearing and why topiary? Also what was Mab saying? The final what? So man questions

Lego3400

What he always wears. A sort of skirt like-loincloth. They seem to be popular in with male creatures...

I'm wondering what "that final one" she's refering to is....  I'm guessing some sort of wepon he'll build in the future. Though the question remains, since the bangles  do nothing but basically say"DO NOT TOUCH" why should the creature council be less afraid of consequences if they touch him without them? Is 2 Fae pissed at them that much different then 1 (Namely Mab)

Baal Hadad

I don't know how much is going to be revealed here, but I already know more than I did before, and I don't know whether to be excited or saddened by the prospect of delving deeper into the mystery....

Jairus

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 03, 2009, 12:51:53 AM
I'm wondering what "that final one" she's refering to is....  I'm guessing some sort of wepon he'll build in the future. Though the question remains, since the bangles  do nothing but basically say"DO NOT TOUCH" why should the creature council be less afraid of consequences if they touch him without them? Is 2 Fae pissed at them that much different then 1 (Namely Mab)
Would you like a pissed-off immortal reality warper hunting you down?

This promises to be very interesting. I am so filled with questions as to what Jyrras is going to create in the future. Maybe some sort of fusion device designed to convert magical energy into electricity, with a side-effect of creating an anti-magic effect in the area around it? Nah, too weird. Hmmm... oooh, I am so interested in this! Curse you Amber for making an interesting story!

Also, is anyone reminded of Disney's Sleeping Beauty? Where the three good fairies (conflict in terms, but whatever) are discussing turning Aurora into a flower to protect her from pricking her finger? And then Merryweather reminds them that Maleficent knows how to counter that?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Madmann135

Mab could try... I don't know... the truth... or a reasonable facsimile of it.
With the right spin just about anything can look good to those that are not in the loop.  

Mab:  Jyrras, Albanion didn't curse you for no reason... I asked him to curse you to protect you from the creature council.
Jyrras:  ... WHAT! ...MAB!!!
Mab:  Jyrras, I didn't want you to get hurt... half of them would be afraid of an MePod and AA batteries because they have no magic.  I figured if Albanion cursed you they would not act upon their fears.
Jyrras:  Well since you put it that way... I guess I can live with the curse.  Thanks Mab.
(This script was brought to you by insomnia...)

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

LoneHowler

why not tell him the truth? or something close to it so that he won't worry about the bands
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Scarydragon

Learning that one of your best friends is the reason behind your curse bangles would probably send someone as emotionally unstable as Jyrras into hysterics. Learning that a powerful council of creatures has it out for you because of your life's work would probably terrify someone as meek as Jyrras. And learning that Mab can plan and scheme is simply enough to catch anyone of guard. Learning all three of those things in one swoop would probably scramble your brain beyond repair.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

The_one_who_is_odd

How do we know that its the creature council? Maybe it's  something worse

bradley535

"The final one"... Is either an Armageddon device that says, "Don't even think about touching me." or it's a gift... A boon. Something that Jyras can create that will forever put him on the good side of every being and creature in Furrae. (So the latter is really just me being wishful, but I'm a dreamer.)

The problem with putting the world on the pin of a needle is that it can pop...

SuaveIV

Hmmm, is that an aardvark I see in the distance?

Garsemor

Well her's somthing that might help understand what it could be. Mab starts the final sentance in the second panel whit "but" and not "and". So if you make try and fill out the three dots at the end it sounds more like it's a good machined that will help people. If she had started whit "and" it would have pointed twords it being some super wepon.
Here are some examples: -But whit out that final one we'll never cure cancer.
                                          -And whit out that final one the creatur council can't enslave everyone. (this sentance doesn't fit the expretion so it is less likly that it's some super wepon)

!KCA

I have to wonder if this is the overall plot of DMFA or just one of several threads.

Quote from: SuaveIV on August 03, 2009, 02:14:42 AM
Hmmm, is that an aardvark I see in the distance?

I. . .have no idea what you're talking about. Unless it's the cloud, which isn't really aardvark-like.

Quote from: Garsemor on August 03, 2009, 02:37:22 AM
Well heir's something that might help understand what it could be. Mab starts the final sentence in the second panel whit "but" and not "and". So if you make try and fill out the three dots at the end it sounds more like it's a good machined that will help people. If she had started whit "and" it would have pointed towards it being some super weapon.
Here are some examples: -But whit out that final one we'll never cure cancer.
                                         -And whit out that final one the Creator council can't enslave everyone. (this sentence doesn't fit the expiration so it is less likely that it's some super weapon)

"And" and "but" don't really care about that sort of thing. I'm pretty sure "but" was chosen for grammatical context.

Ganurath

Hmm... This is certainly a predicament. If only there were some way Albanion were in on Mab's plans to protect Jyrras, and thus make it so that the wicked Albanion, knowing how much Jyrras dreads the curse, makes his revenge to be that the bangles be permanent, acting as a constant reminder of what he did. That the presence of said bangles scares off cougar demons like Kria is meerly an... oversight.

But that could never happen, right?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Scarydragon

Quote from: The_one_who_is_odd on August 03, 2009, 01:43:21 AM
How do we know that its the creature council? Maybe it's  something worse

Well, since it's kinda mentioned in the comic, I kinda figured that's who it is.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Zedd

Who knows what will happen next...Tune into next epic adventures of Dan and Mab!

Tapewolf

Quote from: !KCA on August 03, 2009, 03:11:27 AM
I have to wonder if this is the overall plot of DMFA or just one of several threads.

Several threads, I'd say.  I'm kind of curious as to who Mab's five friends are specifically.  If Fa'Lina is one of those, even Dan being in SAIA might not be enough to protect him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

From Mab's conversations with Pip and Albanion, it looks Mab is trying to protect her friends, but her plans are having undesired consequences.  Regarding Albanion's comment about statues, it may be that he is simply saying that there is no way to completely protect her friends and still let them live their lives.  (Mab does have a tendency to take things too literally.)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Sofox

Or Albanion could just be being whimsical.

Buhamet

I might be being slow here, but does anyone know why the Council would put pressure on Jyrrus? So far, all I know is that the stuff he makes lacks magic, and that's as far as it goes. The question I have is why on earth the council would even bother putting pressure on Jyrrus if all he's actually making in majority (minus secret projects) are stuff like household blenders or dishwashers.

Noone

Actually, the big thing I'm wondering about the creature council is how they can actually work as a cohesive force. As I understand it, creatures are generally solitary creatures with large, fragile egos and excessively care about power. The thing is, if they're all made up of large fragile egos (and have some sort of political power over other creatures.), wouldn't they be too busy with infighting and otherwise stabbing each other in the back to pose as a unified threat to... well, anyone. Granted, they may be individually powerful, and may have their fair share of political sway as far as their creatures go, but I can't imagine them acting in unison in an attempt to keep what is seen as the weakest race on furrae down, if anything, they would be turning their attention towards trying to one-up each other, since reasonably the other council members would be a bigger threat.

I'd also project, that beings would also not be a unified force as well. I'd imagine they can often use creatures as a scapegoat towards other problems, but realistically they'd be active in a lot of infighting as well. Though from the stance of the creature council, it seems they think that beings (if Jyrras released his weapons out to the public) would be a unified force.

Alondro

Quote from: Madmann135 on August 03, 2009, 01:13:14 AM
Mab could try... I don't know... the truth... or a reasonable facsimile of it.
With the right spin just about anything can look good to those that are not in the loop.  

Bah!  The truth is NEVER plot-convenient!  You need to watch more anime!  Anime character are famous for absolutely never-ever telling everything until near the point of death.  And that's how the series last for 500+ episodes, by avoiding anything that might advance the plot and dragging out every scene to a painful length!  :3

Hmm, but I wonder who the other four friends are... if Dan is counted, the Creature Council might want to think twice once they find out who he's related to.  And Pyroduck is a dragon, linked to Fa'lina, Wildy is powerful among the Twinks and has a brother who rules them... and is linked to Destania, who is then linked back to Dan...

You know, I think the Creature Council would fare quite poorly against most of Mab's friends.  Jyrras is the only one without any powerful family connections... well, his mom is a lawyer, but lawsuits don't help you much when you've been viciously devoured.   >:3

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Lucheek

Drawing backgrounds in the Fae-Realm must be the funnest thing ever. "Alright, drawing cabinent.... NARGH. Cabinent too hard! Clear blue sky now!"

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Alondro on August 03, 2009, 09:43:58 AM
well, his mom is a lawyer, but lawsuits don't help you much when you've been viciously devoured.   >:3
Yeah they do :3

Naldru

We don't know how law is practiced in Furrae.  It could resemble something from a satirical science fiction novel.

Edit:

Please remember that being a successful lawyer in Furrae means that you have to regularly deal with very powerful creatures and deal with them successfully.  Actually, the best approach would seem to be divide and conquer.

As for Jyrras having a weapon that nullifies a creature's power, how about a weapon that causes their magic to explode like a bomb.  Defense and offense in one package.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Jyoumon

hmm...my little tid bit of thought,

1. if one remembers Fae(mab in particular) have very VERY ....desctructive capabilities, if anyone remembers Mabs gleen perhaps?, If even ONE Fae were to actually become TIcked off.....the Destructive forces released may be enough to completly Obliterate anyone they wanted in a nanosecond.

2. Jyras makes all kinds of machines, several mixing magic and Technology, the most dangerous and helpful i could think of would have to be some kind of machine that would grant or destroy the abilites of magic in creatures, i mean think about it, if you could use it on a Fae that was your enemy they would have no strength to fight you with or may even kill them.    the same goes for the creature council, many use inate magic of some kind even or Being might be GIVEN magical abilites.....could you even IMAGINE a being like Jyras with a FAE'S MAGIC >_<   :erk

ooklah

hrmm granting magic to creatures would put them onto a power level more in line with beings and with creatures far far out populating beings, this could be a bad thing for all of them iiffff creatures got organized and planned a war against the beings... except that sounds too serious for this comic... *imagines dan, wildly, mab in combat outfits and Jyrras as the mad general* ... ... ... This needs Drawing!!
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Mischa

Maybe it's just me, but being topiary doesn't sound that bad.  Or being a statue, for that matter...

But I suppose I'm just weird.  :3

terrycloth

I tried it once on a MUCK. I was playing an otter made out of molten metal to stop people from hugging me, and after a couple of them burst into flames they splashed water on me and turned me into a statue.

...it was really boring, even just pretending to be a statue. I definately wouldn't want to actually be a statue.

ANTIcarrot

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 03, 2009, 05:49:09 AM
Several threads, I'd say.  I'm kind of curious as to who Mab's five friends are specifically.  If Fa'Lina is one of those, even Dan being in SAIA might not be enough to protect him.

I think that even if Fa'Lina is on the Council, she might just see 'technology' as just another topic to teach at SAIA. (If you view technology as the application of knowledge to achieve goals, then it's identical to magic.)

I can imagine the Creature Council being dangerous while they pester Jyrras about his workshop - in the same way that a friendly wolf can do unintentional damage when it gets really curious about what you have in your pocket. But why would they object to one really powerful being? There would be no practical difference between the way they'd have to deal with him and the way they have to deal with each other.

The fear must be based on lots of beings being able to duplicate his success. Maybe his Last Big Invention will not be something that gives power but rather something that gives the ability to create metaphoric power. Something simple which will grow with time. Like a library, or a ballpoint pen, or photocopier, or camera.

Or something akin to teh internets.
<carefully leans closer to the spinning coffin>
"What's that Mr Mendel? Kill chakat Goldfur? Shi's making a mockery of all your theories?"

Dekari

There is a Cubi of "unknown" identity on the council, and it doesn't look like Fa'Lina.
I somehow get the feeling that you didn't think your cunning plan all the way through.

Thanks go to Kipiru and Rhyfe for the art work used in avatars.

http://drakedekari.deviantart.com/