Public Enemies

Started by Rakala, July 19, 2009, 09:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

I went to this movie probably expecting too much of it. Needless to say it didn't blow me away. The bank robbery scenes were cool, but I personally just couldn't relate or understand the characters. Not to mention it seemed a little bland. It wasn't the lack of things happening, I personally enjoyed the Godfather and most dramas I've seen. It's just all the characters except for John Dillinger weren't all that.... interesting. Even then near the end the main character just loses all his flare. Like I said, I may have expected too much but I give this movie  
:mowsmile :mowsmile :mowsmile out of five.

Zina

I giggled at the original topic name for a good 15 seconds and then changed it to the correct spelling.

Still kind of giggling.

But yeah. I wanted to see this movie when I get back to the states, but I hear it's kind of disappointing. Oh well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... What was missing, Z? An l?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zina

Maybe just a little l.

Granted, if there was a movie called that, I'd totally go see it.
But it could never live up to my expectations.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Are you a Heavenly Sword fan, then, Z?

Zina

bradypodidae

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 19, 2009, 09:49:29 AM
... What was missing, Z? An l?

Quote from: Zina on July 19, 2009, 09:52:59 AM
Maybe just a little l.

Are you sure Rakala wasn't referring to the adult movie industry's knock-off version of the big screen title?  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Zina on July 19, 2009, 10:24:06 AM
No clue what that is.

It's a game. You get to play a god, sort of. She runs around with a huge sword, performing lots of crotch-hate manoeuvres.

Sounded like the sort of thing that would be right up your alley, there. At least from your previous comment...

Caswin

I thought it could have been better.  Johnny Depp's acting and mastery of facial expressions helped carry the third act, but it just wasn't there.

I do want some of those neat sunglasses now, though.  Wonder where I can get some of those.

I also got the impression that I wasn't supposed to hate Johnny Dillinger.  What?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

RJ

It took me a few moments to realise what you get by spelling the title wrong.

And then I lol'd.

Alondro

Hmm... "Pubic Enemies", eh?

Charline would be in the plot somehow...  it would not be a pretty sight.  :eek
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zedd

I liked Public Enemies..Was fun to watch,nuff said