I can't believe they did this.

Started by Rakala, July 17, 2009, 09:26:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

Okay, I just saw the funniest commercial. It was entirely unintentional on their part but it still came off that way.

Guy comes on and says "I like dogs, so I might become a vet..... or a chef!" Now the pause was a little lengthy and they flashed text and pictures on the screen, but it still comes off as a terrible joke.

Thoughts?

bradypodidae

How long will it be before PETA catches wind of the unintentional double entendre and gets their knickers all up in a knot and demand the add be pulled from the air? Bets, anyone?

Is it possible that the inference was intentional since there are some populations in this world that find dog a delicacy?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Turnsky

Quote from: Rakala on July 17, 2009, 09:26:21 AM
Okay, I just saw the funniest commercial. It was entirely unintentional on their part but it still came off that way.

Guy comes on and says "I like dogs, so I might become a vet..... or a chef!" Now the pause was a little lengthy and they flashed text and pictures on the screen, but it still comes off as a terrible joke.

Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Guufs3mdgg

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

rabid_fox

They were advertising...what exactly?

Oh dear.

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

GabrielsThoughts

are you sure the joke wasn't I like to walk/wok dogs?, so I think I'll become a vet... or a chef.

Nice bit of Trivia My sister received EMT certification in California, then moved to Washington and became an exterminator.... the two jobs are about as related as a chef and a vet.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

rabid_fox

Your sister just needed to destroy something beautiful.

Oh dear.