Looks like Oxiclean lost a spoke model..Billy Mays 1958-2009

Started by Zedd, June 28, 2009, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Well it just keeps getting more extreme these days.....Billy you will be missed buried in Orange Glow and Oxi Clean

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,529328,00.html?mep

bill

We shall never forget his brave sacrifices in the line of duty of fighting stains

bradypodidae

Although he was one of the many reasons I am thankful that TVs are equipped with a 'mute' function, I will not begrudge him his success. He would have been 51 this month this July, and started out literally as a Carney Barker.

edit: apologies for the late edit, however, Mays would have been 51 on July 20th, not this month as originally posted.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Kafzeil

I'm getting a little creeped out to be honest...I just got my first job naught but the 19th, then suddenly celebrities start dropping like Flies.

This just too weird for me...
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Sunblink

There should be a Billy Mays day on this forum, when everyone is forced to talk in nothing but capslock when posting. :C It would be magical.

GODSPEED, BILLY.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 28, 2009, 07:43:36 PM
There should be a Billy Mays day on this forum, when everyone is forced to talk in nothing but capslock when posting. :C It would be magical.

GODSPEED, BILLY.

Plus, somewhere in at least one post you would have to pitch something...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Aisha deCabre

...Okay, this is a shock...both sad and strange.  So many celebrities.  What next?   :erk

I've been watching Pitchmen on Discovery Channel lately too...cool show.  You gotta like people with that kind of spunky personality, even if some people find them a little annoying.  But, looks to me like they won't be making any more seasons of it...

*Mutters and shakes her head pityingly* ...What on earth...?
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

OminousShadow

What is with all the Celebrities dying. Is this some kind of fad for them? They just seem to be dying one after another.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

superluser

Aww, why couldn't it have been the ShamWow guy instead?

(Actually, I'm not sure why everyone hates Vince.  I do know that I'd like John Parkin (world-renown chef and world-renown auto mechanic) to live a long life of lighting car hoods on fire.)

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 28, 2009, 08:47:43 PMWhat is with all the Celebrities dying. Is this some kind of fad for them? They just seem to be dying one after another.

zOMG!  It's the rapture!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

In honor of his passing, I will be shouting everything I say today.

I guess it's good that I'm not teaching today.

Or TERRIBLE.

Angel

Quote from: Zina on June 29, 2009, 12:13:30 AM
In honor of his passing, I will be shouting everything I say today.

I guess it's good that I'm not teaching today.

Or TERRIBLE.

Hehehe. As much as this guy's voice annoyed me in commercials, I will miss him. And now they're going to fill up that adspace with Sleepy's commercials. And those are not just annoying, but as far as I know, secretly trying to control your mind.

...REST IN PEACE, MR. MAYS.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Cogidubnus

I'm somewhat stunned. It's been an eventful last few days, and I certainly didn't expect this latest in the string of deaths.

I suppose you don't appreciate things until they're gone. I wasn't exactly a fan of his commercials either - like Angel said, he somewhat annoyed me. But the idea that there won't be any more of them - I don't think I'm quite pleased by that idea either.

To again echo Black Angel: REST IN PEACE, MR. MAYS.

Alondro

I always kinda liked the pitchmen.  Sure the claims were outrageous most of the time, but I found it so amusing.  We used to make fun of stuff all the time, like all these wonderful thigns you could do with the Amazing Toilet Paper Roll, and so forth (functions as a turban repair kit!)   :giggle

And there was an old Twilight Zone episode, the second episode in fact, which was a great classic "One for the Angels" about a door-to-door salesman wanting to give one last great pitch before his time was up. 

I suppose it's a nostalgic sort of thing.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif