Weekly Webcast #019: SMG/LoZ:TP/Okami - Oh God Why Did I Pick These Games

Started by Balade, June 14, 2009, 06:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balade

Weekly Webcast #019: SMG/LoZ:TP/Okami - Oh God Why Did I Pick These Gamesin case it gets cut off! Oh dear god why did I let myself get talked into playing 3 of the longest wii games ever.... More Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, and Okami.

http://www.justin.tv/balade
http://www.javgw.com

bradypodidae

"Okay class, what did we learn from last night's webcast?"

"DON'T WOK MISS MAB'S TEA!"  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

I don't know, it was pretty funny listening to her cries as she went to save her warmed tea leaves.

Kage

I was actually concerned there for a moment that something seriously bad had happened.

Fortunately I think Mab's tea will survive. :3

(I reiterate, I'm slightly scared of the idea of visiting them now.  I think Mason's cooking might kill me. XD  )
I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

techmaster-glitch

I still don't get what the heck happened there, or what was so bad about it :B

Kage

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 15, 2009, 01:57:07 PM
I still don't get what the heck happened there, or what was so bad about it :B

Mason (Mab's husband) decided to dump her tea leaves into the wok and start cooking them.

techmaster-glitch

Amber Williams

At the time, I actually thought he had added the soy sauce like he looked like he was about to do. :<

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

bradypodidae

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 15, 2009, 02:05:59 PM
At the time, I actually thought he had added the soy sauce like he looked like he was about to do. :<

...and I was going to try and give Mason some credit for thinking, however incorrectly, that roasting tea like coffee was a good thing...

Quote from: Kage on June 15, 2009, 01:56:05 PM
I was actually concerned there for a moment that something seriously bad had happened.

Quite frankly, at first the whole episode startled the bee-jeebers out of me..

wait... doesn't soy sauce go great with everything?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Balade

Keleth

I still think you should change the name of the cast to Failcast.

And with that, you should all play Left 4 dead, so we can hear Val scream like a lunatic for the whole duration.
Help! I'm gay!

Kage

Quote from: Drathorin on June 15, 2009, 03:03:10 PM

And with that, you should all play Left 4 dead, so we can hear Val scream like a lunatic for the whole duration.

But..... I want to keep my ears, headphones, speakers, other listening apparati intact.... :(

llearch n'n'daCorna

... but she makes such a lovely ringtone.

Just for when I get calls from work, though. Anyone else gets a perfectly normal tone.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Raiettei

Quote from: Kage on June 15, 2009, 06:43:25 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on June 15, 2009, 03:03:10 PM

But..... I want to keep my ears, headphones, speakers, other listening apparati intact.... :(

seconded! :3

Keleth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 15, 2009, 08:02:37 PM
... but she makes such a lovely ringtone.

Just for when I get calls from work, though. Anyone else gets a perfectly normal tone.

Hahahahahaha, llearch you devil you >:3
Help! I'm gay!

Lucheek

Not sure if I should be happy or dissapointed that I had to go early...

Kage

Mason's cooking aside,

If anyone would like to try the "gorilla cookies" I found this recipe for some banana cookies.  They look tasty but I don't have all the ingredients for them.

Enjoy!  :mowcookie

techmaster-glitch

...is it just me, or is the Justintv site totally broken right now?

bradypodidae

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 20, 2009, 09:10:51 PM
...is it just me, or is the Justintv site totally broken right now?

Balade's site is coming across rather funky right now (see date/time stamp), however, PinkKittyRose just completed a 4 hour cast on JTV sans problems, and Raiettei's site on JTV seems fine. So, just JAVGW is a little loopy right now...

Avi by Tabi

USMC

techmaster-glitch

Balade's channel on justinTV is still totally screwey, can't see a darn thing... is that gonna cancel the webcast for today?

Kage

techmaster-glitch

That's weird... that link works, but the thing that I've got in my favorites isn't...

The only difference is your link has another slash at the end :/ Very strange...

bradypodidae

Well, what ever the problem was, it's cleared up now. My bookmark to JAVGW on JTV works fine.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Kage

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 21, 2009, 12:58:25 PM
The only difference is your link has another slash at the end :/ Very strange...

Despite all appearances, and what many web servers do that ending / actually has a significance.  Most web servers will send a redirect for your browser to go to http://www.someplace.com/ if you leave it off.  (Which basically means your sending two web requests when you could save some network traffic by simply adding the / there.)

A few broken(?) servers do not send this redirect, if that is the case (as it might be with jtv (I wouldn't put it past them)) then you might see a goobered web page.

</nerd>  :sleep

Balade

Since i missed out on sunday's webcast i think i may cast some more Overlord sometime this week. Unfortunately was just too sick to handle any real motion (including sitting up for more than 5-10 minutes at a time).

Overall seems to be stress related, works not helping @.@ so maybe some overlording will help.

robocop = christ

Lucheek

Quote from: Balade on June 22, 2009, 11:08:29 AM
Since i missed out on sunday's webcast i think i may cast some more Overlord sometime this week. Unfortunately was just too sick to handle any real motion (including sitting up for more than 5-10 minutes at a time).

Overall seems to be stress related, works not helping @.@ so maybe some overlording will help.

robocop = christ
Don't feel sorry. You need to get your rest and health up, kay?

Balade

Don't think it's really a matter of resting, playing games is very entertaining to me. It's more a matter of i had several things dumped on me all of a sudden in rapid succession this last couple of weeks and the stress built up to horrible proportions. So if i'm able to I would like to be able to do some more Overlord this week, it's a fun game and if i can get JTV to broadcast it without looking like pixelated ass that would be awesome.

bradypodidae

You just want to get back into the tower with all the maidens and your "Princess"...  :P

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Balade

I'm rather disappointed in the general lack of options for outfits for your maidens, you can buy all kinds of other stuff for your tower, why not better outfits? And for that matter, having them just mull about the throne room? i'm sure there's tons of better things that can be done with those bitches!