David Carradine 1936 - 2009

Started by Shadrok, June 04, 2009, 08:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadrok

Man, just got home from work to find that David Carradine the actor from "Kung fu" and "Kill Bill" is dead. According to what I read authorities in Bangkok, Thailand discovered Carradine's body hanging naked in his hotel closet today. It is yet unclear whether his death was suicide.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.....ead-bangkok-ap

Man I don't know what to say.

Janus Whitefurr

...do movie stars ever go out naturally? I'm not being critical, but every time you hear someone famous has died it's usually something crazy.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

King Of Hearts

superluser

Quote from: Shadrok on June 04, 2009, 08:56:33 PMAccording to what I read authorities in Bangkok, Thailand discovered Carradine's body hanging naked in his hotel closet today. It is yet unclear whether his death was suicide.

The BBC noted that he had a rope around his neck and ``other body parts.''  Earlier reports specified those body parts.  I'm thinking he didn't intend to commit suicide.

(If this is too tactless, I apologize.  Earlier today, one of the mailing lists I was involuntarily subscribed to chastised me for not being tactless enough.  It's a strange list.)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

It's almost certainly a case of auto-erotic asphyxiation, according to most of the major news outlets today... unless you want to go the conspiracy route and say he was the target of an Asian mafia who set it up to look like an accident (like the Bruce Lee & son death conspiracy).

See, this is why soft vore is better!  Nobody gets hurt.  Just eaten.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on June 05, 2009, 10:23:24 AMIt's almost certainly a case of auto-erotic asphyxiation, according to most of the major news outlets today...

I am informed--by people who are certainly not less experienced in the art than I--that auto-erotic asphyxiation usually only involves the neck.  So possibly some other BDSM thing gone wrong.

GabrielsThoughts

ok let me clear this up...it was an accidental suicide that occured while he was masterbaiting in the closet of his hotel room. apperently he liked to...suffocate himself while um.....ew ew ew ew ew TEH IMAGE IS BURNED INTO MY MIND GROSS.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 06, 2009, 11:32:38 AM
ok let me clear this up...it was an accidental suicide that occured while he was masterbaiting in the closet of his hotel room. apperently he liked to...suffocate himself while um.....ew ew ew ew ew TEH IMAGE IS BURNED INTO MY MIND GROSS.

It's not as unusual as the popular media makes it out to be. Be a little broad-minded, why don't you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

I was just saying I'd have rather not known how he died ... although I suppose it is a cautionary tale  :mowwink
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Sunblink

Wow, I loved David Carradine in Kill Bill.

What an absolute shame. :< I thought it was a suicide but it seems like an accident, which is even more depressing.

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 06, 2009, 11:36:30 AM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 06, 2009, 11:32:38 AM

It's not as unusual as the popular media makes it out to be. Be a little broad-minded, why don't you?

It may not be uncommon, but it certainly is stupid.

Darwin Award time!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, sure. Not uncommon, but yes, stupid. *shrug*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

Was he the guy who played Bill cause if he is, I really don't want to think about the way he died.
I'm back, and tired.

Sicill

superluser

Quote from: Sicill on June 07, 2009, 10:28:53 PMI don't know if you've heard of this yet but the plot thickens:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,25603423-23109,00.html?from=public_rss

I could have written that back in the mid 90s.  The ``Bruce/Brandon Lee was assassinated'' stuff just writes itself.  David could have died in a lava flow live on television and people would claim it's an assassination.  In fact, I should write one for Steven Seagal.  Just write the same thing and change the method of death, adding ``He was delicious'' if appropriate.

I'd write one for Chuck Norris, but...well, you know.

Alondro

Quote from: Sicill on June 07, 2009, 10:28:53 PM
I don't know if you've heard of this yet but the plot thickens:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,25603423-23109,00.html?from=public_rss

Ugh... I noted that this route was going to be played in my first post on this topic.  And here it is.  Notice who the lawyer is.  He has a habit of representing questionable parties.   :blankstare

Passive

Sunblink

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 07, 2009, 08:33:17 PM
Was he the guy who played Bill cause if he is, I really don't want to think about the way he died.

Yes, he played as Bill.

Admittedly, I took one look at the headline in the article that was posted and I high-tailed it. I can't take the idea of Carradine being assassinated seriously, I'm sorry.

Mind you, I have a pointed distaste for conspiracy theories.

Netrogo

Quote from: superluser on June 05, 2009, 11:07:51 AM
Quote from: Alondro on June 05, 2009, 10:23:24 AMIt's almost certainly a case of auto-erotic asphyxiation, according to most of the major news outlets today...

I am informed--by people who are certainly not less experienced in the art than I--that auto-erotic asphyxiation usually only involves the neck.  So possibly some other BDSM thing gone wrong.

Aaaaactually. There is a thing involving cutting off the flow of seamen just as you orgasm, it causes it to increase pressure inside for a few extra moments thus prolonging the orgasm. Added to AEA would give a pretty interesting orgasm, but most i've heard of engaging in the whole stop the flow method usually just use their fingers to pinch the head, using rope seems a bit extreme by my standards.

Just putting that out there.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

JackTheCubiWolf

BLEEEEEEEH!! I did not want to know that.
I'm back, and tired.

Alondro

Quote from: Netrogo on June 09, 2009, 03:18:38 PM

Aaaaactually. There is a thing involving cutting off the flow of seamen just as you orgasm, it causes it to increase pressure inside for a few extra moments thus prolonging the orgasm. Added to AEA would give a pretty interesting orgasm, but most i've heard of engaging in the whole stop the flow method usually just use their fingers to pinch the head, using rope seems a bit extreme by my standards.

Just putting that out there.

*assassinates Netrogo!*  :knifed

Mission is completed, my masters.   :ninja