Freddie vs. Cubi

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, May 30, 2009, 09:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would win in a fight: Freddy Krueger, a very skilled Cubi, or Chuck Norris?

Cubi
16 (48.5%)
Chuck Norris
3 (9.1%)
Freddy
0 (0%)
Bacon
6 (18.2%)
Lettuce
0 (0%)
Tomato
2 (6.1%)
Spongebob Squarepants
6 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: June 26, 2009, 07:19:08 AM

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Shachza on June 02, 2009, 12:33:09 PM
Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 01, 2009, 06:06:49 PM
Quote from: Shachza on May 30, 2009, 11:53:32 AM
All he needs to do is find what you're afraid of and he's unstoppable.

Freddie:  "Hmmm, CubiAlpha has a phobia of peas."
CubiAlpha:  "Zomg!  I'm being attacking by cubi-eating peas!  AAAAaaaaaaaahhhhhh.............  *  "
Freddie:  "Muwahahaha!  I win again!"

Knowing fears doesn't mean anything if you're too insane to be stopped by mere fears anyway.

E.g. a person who fears death can't be stopped by threats of death if he sincerely believes he's immortal.

You're trivializing crippling phobias now.  I hate to use Freddie vs. Jason, but the end battle is a perfect example of using overwhelming fear of anything against someone who believes themselves immortal.  Jason was unbeatable up until Freddie found out he has a phobia of water, then all Freddie had to do was use water and Jason was helpless.

I see a cubi fight the same way, and I guess I agree with madmann135 in this; if the cubi can keep his/her fears a secret, Freddie isn't nearly as bad.  However, if Freddie finds something that the cubi is truly afraid of, I think his ability to warp dreams will crush said cubi.

P.S.  I appologize to everyone for using that movie.  /sepukku

Inversely, you're making too large a deal over fears.

a) There's this thing called overcoming fears.
b) Fear does not necessarily mean it'll cause incompetence. There's also a possibility that in the fight or flight scenario, it may cause the victim to choose the fight option (aka they'll be more compelled to smack you to bits) (Hey example! Not exactly fear, but close enough to backfire)
c) In my example, it's of a delusion created to overcome the fear. Until the delusion is proven wrong (which is kinda tricky in terms of death, since you'll have to kill them to prove them wrong), the fear inherently has no effect.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Turnsky

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 03, 2009, 01:00:06 AM
Inversely, you're making too large a deal over fears.

a) There's this thing called overcoming fears.
b) Fear does not necessarily mean it'll cause incompetence. There's also a possibility that in the fight or flight scenario, it may cause the victim to choose the fight option (aka they'll be more compelled to smack you to bits)
c) In my example, it's of a delusion created to overcome the fear. Until the delusion is proven wrong (which is kinda tricky in terms of death, since you'll have to kill them to prove them wrong), the fear inherently has no effect.

and again, there's scarier things that lurk on the dreamscapes than Freddy Freaking Krueger.

that said, Older cubi do not sleep, may have an out when exploring the dreams of others, and thus have nothing to fear from Robert Englund with a stripy shirt and knived hand.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on June 03, 2009, 01:00:06 AM
b) Fear does not necessarily mean it'll cause incompetence. There's also a possibility that in the fight or flight scenario, it may cause the victim to choose the fight option (aka they'll be more compelled to smack you to bits)

Or in the case of early encounters in Man-Kzin Wars, the flight response just happened to result in an accidental counter-attack (the ships' reaction-drive systems were quite effective as weapons).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

JackTheCubiWolf

Lets get a definitive result. I'm adding a poll to see who you all think would win.

Edit: Poll added and I've cast my vote.
I'm back, and tired.

Keleth

Quote from: JackTheCubiFerret on June 04, 2009, 10:22:15 AM
Lets get a definitive result. I'm adding a poll to see who you all think would win.

Edit: Poll added and I've cast my vote.

Ash from Army of Darkness would win :<
Help! I'm gay!

Ragesquid

Well..you'd need to be able to dream, first. I don't know much about this..but I think a 'cubi skilled enough to defeat Freddy, probably wouldn't be able to dream, in the first place.

Also..I'm not a fan of the Nightmare series, so correct me, if I'm wrong...but..isn't Freddy, I dunno..kind of...not alive? Last I checked..you can't kill something, that's already dead. >.> (yes, yes..."decapitation"..I know..but we all know that doesn't work, with freddy. :) )

I vote Freddy.  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Welcome to this week's episode of 'Will It Blend?'..."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

"How can you kill...that which has no life?"

I ask questions like this all the time...

bradypodidae

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 04, 2009, 03:16:06 PM

So, basically, you are insinuating that everyone in the Clockwork Mansion forums are immortal?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Naldru

If we had a life, would we be here

Actually, our statements on the internet will probably long outlast us.  Whether that's good or bad is debatable.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 04, 2009, 03:19:57 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 04, 2009, 03:16:06 PM
So, basically, you are insinuating that everyone in the Clockwork Mansion forums are immortal?

No, that's a different thread.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

JackTheCubiWolf

You would destroy both in a match up.

Quote from: Fox on June 04, 2009, 02:58:12 PM
Well..you'd need to be able to dream, first. I don't know much about this..but I think a 'cubi skilled enough to defeat Freddy, probably wouldn't be able to dream, in the first place.

Also..I'm not a fan of the Nightmare series, so correct me, if I'm wrong...but..isn't Freddy, I dunno..kind of...not alive? Last I checked..you can't kill something, that's already dead. >.> (yes, yes..."decapitation"..I know..but we all know that doesn't work, with freddy. :) )

I vote Freddy.  :3

That has been proven by Freddy vs. Jason (which I thought was pretty good)
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 04, 2009, 03:15:10 PM
"Welcome to this week's episode of 'Will It Blend?'..."

meat for the meat tree in any case.  >:3

Zedd

My vote is on, wait for it, Judge Mills Lane...If there was anyone who can sort anything out..It would been him!  :3

Turnsky

he misspelt it anyway, it's Freddy Krueger  note the "e"

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Drathorin on June 05, 2009, 07:54:57 AM
I say T-800 wins  :U

Someone here has to say it: Chuck Norris wins.

JackTheCubiWolf

You know what, I'm going to add Chuck Norris. And thanks Turnsky for pointing out my mistake, I'll fix it right away. I also reset the votes for anyone who wants to change theirs.
I'm back, and tired.

Psy-Kosh

Zedd

I vote for Norris cause he's the only real person

Garsemor

This is heading into very confusing and silly waters. So who else are we going to add? Lara Croft? Buck the invincible undead chicken? or James Bond? (just to clarify, I'm joking here I'm not mocking anyone)

My vote goes to the cubi once again. Chuck Norris doesn't have any cool tendrils or spells so he losses whit one well aimed fire ball.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Garsemor on June 05, 2009, 01:44:22 PM
My vote goes to the cubi once again. Chuck Norris doesn't have any cool tendrils or spells so he losses whit one well aimed fire ball.
Maybe he is a 'Cubi.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Keleth

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 05, 2009, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Garsemor on June 05, 2009, 01:44:22 PM
Maybe he is a 'Cubi.

No, fireballs don't hit chuck norris.

Chuck Norris reflects fireballs with his roundhouse kick.

And his stern eyes shoot lasers.

And nothing can penetrate the armor that is his beard.
Help! I'm gay!

Michael Chandra

So you teleport him into an infinite abyss, problem solved. And everyone knows Chuck is a dragon.

JackTheCubiWolf

Poll update. Chuck is in first with Cubi in a close 2nd. And poor Freddy is trailing with only one vote. Personally, being the big Jason fan I am, I think he would kick all their butts, but that's just my opinion.
I'm back, and tired.

Turnsky

Madmann135

Quote from: Turnsky on June 06, 2009, 12:05:39 AM
:necro
unfortunately... brains are a rare commodity on the internet.  Infinitely rarer than the fabled woman in the chat-room.

Back to seriousness.

In all reality, even a normal human who has a strong will and control over said emotions has a good chance of beating Freddy. 
Think about it, lets say you play that you have a fear of man eating doughnuts, Freddy makes man eating doughnuts, then you eat the doughnuts because you actually love them (only said that because I have some next to me).  Freddy is a creature that feeds off of fear, similar to a cubi [which a trained cubi might be able to handle].  Cubi from what I understand generally have impressive wills and mental abilities (including Dan).

In a match between Freddy, Chuck Norris and a skilled Cubi, ...Freddy is the underdog.  Chuck Norris is real which makes him the most powerful.  Freddy is just a cubi with no body and more limitations.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 06, 2009, 04:48:44 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on June 06, 2009, 12:05:39 AM
:necro
unfortunately... brains are a rare commodity on the internet.  Infinitely rarer than the fabled woman in the chat-room.

Back to seriousness.

In all reality, even a normal human who has a strong will and control over said emotions has a good chance of beating Freddy. 
Think about it, lets say you play that you have a fear of man eating doughnuts, Freddy makes man eating doughnuts, then you eat the doughnuts because you actually love them (only said that because I have some next to me).  Freddy is a creature that feeds off of fear, similar to a cubi [which a trained cubi might be able to handle].  Cubi from what I understand generally have impressive wills and mental abilities (including Dan).

In a match between Freddy, Chuck Norris and a skilled Cubi, ...Freddy is the underdog.  Chuck Norris is real which makes him the most powerful.  Freddy is just a cubi with no body and more limitations.

Actually, a few misconceptions.
a) It is nearly/practically impossible to simply create a false fear, since unlike cubi, Freddy doesn't seem to use the traditional thought-reading method. (which would incidently be his main advantage over cubi) Though disguising or altering the fear to something more harmless is likely easier.
b) Cubi do not exactly feed on fear. Maybe a few specific clans, but the specific emotional affinity is based on specific clans.. though those which feed extensively on fear would probably be more capable in a dream-environment.
c) I'm not really sure where you get the "impressive mental abilities" about Dan. Part of the reason he's survived thus far is due to his clan affinity for pain, which incidently is plenty available when he's dying.
d) Alternatively though, it is a battle of minds mostly, if you only cosider the dreamscape. A person who's able to will him/herself into lucid dreams would likely be practically undefeatable in his own dream environment regardless of cubi or freddy influence, though you'd need a lot of mental practice to achieve that. (and the fabled Norris would likely be able to will himself such anyhow)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Michael Chandra on June 05, 2009, 07:55:15 PM
So you teleport him into an infinite abyss, problem solved. And everyone knows Chuck is a dragon.
Chuck Norris can climb out of an infinite abyss in an hour or less - with one hand tied to his back - without breaking a sweat. :giggle :P
He also could have a pet dragon if he wanted.

...sometimes I suspect he might be fae. :mwaha
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK