Looking for Directions >_<

Started by Jyoumon, May 04, 2009, 12:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jyoumon

ok, probably not the best place to put this, but...im kinda desperate XD

ok, im looking Ambers address, i know
"why would you want that, are you a hater or some evil person looking to hurt her?!?!?!"

and for the record NO im not, im just a loyal and Very quiet DMFA Reader and Fur and would love to send Amber something she wants ^ _ ^

Hell maybe shell even respond to this herself.

I want to send her a Tablet, not the most High end but a nice art tablet nonetheless  :mowcookie but i do not know her address...therefore i have hit a brick wall on delivery T_T.

if ANYONE out there knows her address and would be happy and or willing to send it, id be very Appreciative ^ _ ^.

A good friend and Fur;
Jyoumon Tarakashi

Madd the Sane

Send her a personal message.  That would be the best way to ask this question.  Also the best way to get the answer.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Jyoumon

arghhhh..I already did like...a day and half ago......

I know impatiant much XD but i really wanted to get a message to her over the weekend, but i guess ill just wait ^ _ ^.

and i know...i was kinda expecting someone that knew it to PM me or something so i can send it soon, but...meh, ill just wait for amber to respond, i mean...a message on here AND email....gotta see one of them  :mowwink

and with the word Tablet in it...I know she will check it hehehe

Mao

Uhh, yeah.  Not likely going to happen.  Amber is really touchy about folks knowing where she lives or even how to contact her, and for good reason.  She falls under the category of 'semi-famous' and that means that she gets all kinds of creepy and unwanted attention.  As such letting her contact info, let alone personal stuff like her address, get out is not something she's too keen on.  As a fan I'm sure you can understand where she's coming from on that.  It's a nice gesture but I wouldn't get too impatient about it as it probably won't happen.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 04, 2009, 07:32:25 AM
Uhh, yeah.  Not likely going to happen.  Amber is really touchy about folks knowing where she lives or even how to contact her, and for good reason.  She falls under the category of 'semi-famous' and that means that she gets all kinds of creepy and unwanted attention.  As such letting her contact info, let alone personal stuff like her address, get out is not something she's too keen on.  As a fan I'm sure you can understand where she's coming from on that.  It's a nice gesture but I wouldn't get too impatient about it as it probably won't happen.
Then, wouldn't the obvious solution be to pass such items through a proxy? Someone who knows her address, and passes packages on to her?
I don't know who if anyone both knows her address and is willing to do such a thing, but it looks good in concept.

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

bill

yeah that is just Kind of Weird

really, if you want to get a gift that nice, why not just donate the cash equivalent on the site donation link? same thing, except without the hassle (and the creepy)

Darkmoon

I know that pretty well no one in the group of people that knows her address would ever give it out online. That's just asking for trouble.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Tapewolf

Keaton had a plush made which she was intending to give to Amber at AC, but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.  Posting it via a proxy would have been the backup plan, I guess she's going to have to hang on to it for a while if that's a no-go either.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 05, 2009, 02:12:54 AM
I know that pretty well no one in the group of people that knows her address would ever give it out online. That's just asking for trouble.

I know right?  Remember what happened to the last person who tried to do that?  Oh gods.. the teeth, the teeth!  The image of that horrid event has been burned into my brain forever!

*looks up*

They still haven't gotten the gore stains out of the ceiling!

Seriously though, like bill said if you want to give something to Amber:  Give money.  It means she has choice and gets to maintain a nice level of anonymity.  As for proxy mailing, eh I don't know anything about that.  It kinda goes on the assumption that anyone who knows her address wants to give *their* mailing address out.

Jyoumon

wow....you guys make it sound like theres like....a cult or something that wants to join her or something. . .
*slowly turns around*

and ...its not like ive got things to hide anyway?, heh, and i actually know a lot of people that would also do some ...rather crazy stuff if they new her address anyway XD.

FANMAIL HELL  :mowmeep

Lisky

what, you mean 1234 apartment 567, on Nodda St., Imagination Land, Manitoba Ca. isn't a real address  :U

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 05, 2009, 02:12:54 AM

Heck, I don't know Amber's, and still wouldn't give it out online. It's just not something one should do, unless it's your _own_ address.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lego3400

Amber should rent a PO box in the next town over.... But do they have those in Canada?

Naldru

If Amber is in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, based on the forum seemingly using the central time zone, the next town over could be quite some distance.  I once received a map of those two provinces by mistake.  I couldn't determine what was wrong until I realized that only the bottom half of the provinces were shown.  The upper part of the provinces were so empty that there were no roads to map.

Edit:

I just realized.  Was Lego3400 asking about the existence of post office boxes or the existence of towns.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

Quote from: Lego3400 on May 05, 2009, 12:26:38 PM
Amber should rent a PO box in the next town over.... But do they have those in Canada?

No.  We all get our mail from a mailman on a dog sled.  Careful though, Amber is new here so the mailman might not know her name yet.

Quote from: Naldru on May 05, 2009, 01:16:53 PM
If Amber is in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, based on the forum seemingly using the central time zone, the next town over could be quite some distance.  I once received a map of those two provinces by mistake.  I couldn't determine what was wrong until I realized that only the bottom half of the provinces were shown.  The upper part of the provinces were so empty that there were no roads to map.

Well, the thing about that is that really.. every province is pretty much empty.  We just bloat those census numbers up so other nations won't bother us.  Those roads you see along the southern part of the provinces (or western if you're in the atlantic provinces) boarders are just a clever trick.  What we did was this:  When no one was looking, we invaded a bit of the US and claimed the roads as our own so it would look like we had population.  Now you know our great big secret.  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Naldru on May 05, 2009, 01:16:53 PM
If Amber is in Manitoba or Saskatchewan, based on the forum seemingly using the central time zone, the next town over could be quite some distance.

Just out of interest, what does the forum time have to do with Amber's local time? Forum time is based on the time on the server. Surely you didn't think Amber hosted the forum server in her bedroom or something?

Naldru

I have seen some sites where the time displayed on the server was based on the subject matter of the site.  Unless it was mentioned in passing on one of the weekly sessions, I really have no way of predicting where Amber is located in Canada.  (Canada is a rather large place.)  I assume that she is in a location from which she can drive to the United States, probably within 150 miles of the U.S./Canadian border.  However, the bulk of the population of Canada is near the border.  I also assume that she would complain more if she was really in the middle of nowhere, or in a location where large bears made annual pilgrimages through the center of the town.

My gut feeling is a town with at least forty thousand population and a college.

Edit:

With regard to the march of the polar bears, I was thinking of Churchill, Manitoba.  Now that would definitely be a furry adventure.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

I'd have quit while you were still ahead.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 05, 2009, 06:37:19 PM
I'd have quit while you were still ahead.

... attached to your shoulders.

Michael Chandra

Pretty sure bears wouldn't like to visit Amber, her bad luck would rub off on 'em. Bears can smell bad luck you know. Just think about it.

Rafe

If Amber is okay with it, you could send whatever it is to me, and I could relay it to her.  My address isn't a big secret, since some of you have been to my place anyway.

If she is alright with the idea, I'll let you know via PM. 

Rafe

Turnsky

Quote from: Naldru on May 05, 2009, 06:10:42 PM
I have seen some sites where the time displayed on the server was based on the subject matter of the site.  Unless it was mentioned in passing on one of the weekly sessions, I really have no way of predicting where Amber is located in Canada.  (Canada is a rather large place.)  I assume that she is in a location from which she can drive to the United States, probably within 150 miles of the U.S./Canadian border.  However, the bulk of the population of Canada is near the border.  I also assume that she would complain more if she was really in the middle of nowhere, or in a location where large bears made annual pilgrimages through the center of the town.

My gut feeling is a town with at least forty thousand population and a college.

Edit:

With regard to the march of the polar bears, I was thinking of Churchill, Manitoba.  Now that would definitely be a furry adventure.

we know where she isn't.

Quebec.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Scarydragon

I like how this thread became a discussion on Canadian cartography.
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Alondro

It's easy to find anyone in Canada.

You just follow the Only Road with Google maps!

Follow the Only Road!
Follow the Only Road!
There's only one road in Canada,
We call it the Only Road!

:boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Mao

Actually I work for a company that makes software for map making.  It's mainly meant for the ocean floor, but you can do land with it as well.  So that's why it became about Canadian Geography:  It's because I'm awesome and my awesomeness seeps from me, into my compy, to your compies, and into you.  Thus you all now have an interest in Canadian Geography and Cartography.  You're welcome.

bradypodidae

"Covering most of the northern part of the North American continent and with an area larger than that of the United States, Canada has an extremely varied topography. In the east, the mountainous maritime provinces have an irregular coastline on the Gulf of St. Lawrence and the Atlantic. The St. Lawrence plain, covering most of southern Quebec and Ontario, and the interior continental plain, covering southern Manitoba and Saskatchewan and most of Alberta, are the principal cultivable areas. They are separated by a forested plateau rising from Lakes Superior and Huron..."

What the...! Why the heck is all that suddenly and awesomely filling my head? Moa Laoren? Is that you? Get out of my head! :P
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Jyoumon

umm...yeeeeaaaahhh...

I think i already got more or less a comment from Amber...just waiting on Reply now ^_^

Keleth

Turnsky, we all know no -humans- come out've Quebec

Just french Zombies  :U

Also, stop talkin about mah countray, I was here first, with my dirt road and snowmobile with rifle holder.

Though if you all come up here you're welcome to come into my igloo
Help! I'm gay!

Mao

Pff. I'm older than you and your province was the last to join.  You're the outsider here Drath.  Yeah, that's right.  You heard me.  I'm calling you out... Wait no.. that was Newfoundland.  I can never tell the difference.  You all sound/look the same to me. :P

Keleth

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 06, 2009, 02:44:24 PM
Pff. I'm older than you and your province was the last to join.  You're the outsider here Drath.  Yeah, that's right.  You heard me.  I'm calling you out... Wait no.. that was Newfoundland.  I can never tell the difference.  You all sound/look the same to me. :P

Mah house no likey you no moar

*Ca-Klick of Shotgun*

Now don't make me get ma pa
Help! I'm gay!