The War Continues (D&D RP Thread)

Started by Manawolf, July 16, 2006, 07:14:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonvixen

Ael'shaeath quickly stows his spear and removes and nocks his bow shooting at one wasp
OOC:
20+5-2range=Crit threat
8+5-2range=13
(Damage normal 4, damage crit 4+2+6=12)

Amarillis nocks her longbow and fires at the same wasp (as long as it hasn't died)
OOC:
15+8-2=21 (Arrg 10ft lower and no range penalty)
Damage 5

OOC:
Ael'shaeath has Spawn screen active for another 5 hours
And No One has made knowledge checks.

Zedd

Sven looked up to the sky and knew what to do...He cast off a fireball into the air, which blows up between four of the wasps in midair.  Total damage is 31

Zaon

Quav fires a Eldritch spear towrds one of the Wasps. It hits and causes 13 damage to it in the process.

Min readies himself to take down any lizardmen that fall off the Wasps.

OOC: basically min is going to attack any lizardmen that land and if they are dased he'll just tryo to end their lives befor they recover.

Manawolf

The assualt knocks two of the wasps out of the air and the other two badly burnt.  All 4 of their riders fall from the mounts, and burst into a pile of ashes upon hitting the ground.

The riderless waps turn to the other riders and attack.  One of them hits with its stinger for 9 damage, but the lizardfolk stay in his mount.  The two attacked retaliate, but only one hits.  However, that one hit was all it took to take down one of the burned wasps.  Another rider moves in to stop the final rogue wasp, and manages to do so.

The final 3 riders divebomb Sven.  Two miss, but the final one hits, dealing 17 damage.

OOC: A new round has begun for the spellcasters, and the wasps that flew down are close enough to attack in melee.  3 more are still in the air.  As for the people still at the temple, it is still a new round, so get shooting.

Reese Tora

Marosharr moves to where he is within 30 feet of the closest target, and fires an arrow at it.
{ Attack roll : 18 : http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=6429 }
{ Normal damage : 8 : http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=6430 }
{ Skirmish damage : 6 : http://members.lycos.co.uk/noentiendo/ViewRollByNumber.php?RollNumber=6431 }

{OOC: I'm still using this dice roller until you decide on whatever will be the new official roller.  Sorry for the uncreative post, I'm not feeling very inspired just at the moment; I might come back later and edit into something more interesting.}
{more OOC: I forgot to add bard song bonus to that damage, make it a total of 18 instead of 14, if I hit.}
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Manawolf

The arrow hits one of the already injured wasps, and it goes down.  The rider hits the ground hard, but is still alive.

Dragonvixen

Ael'shaeath drops his bow and retrives his spear, then strikes at the Lizardfolk on the ground
OOC:
16+9=25
damage
5+4=9

Amarillis lets go of the bow with one hand (Free action (she didn't drop it but she can now cast Somatic spells) and begins to move the other in a compelcated pattern. <Celestial> In the name of His truth, In the name written in the flame of the North, the life-bringer, Marker of the house of the Fire-Star. I find the flame of the South-east, The flame of the cold that leads to the East Flame, the destroyer. In all I find truth, and I ask for power from each. <Celestial><Elven> Shards of Cold fire<elven>  Two ice crystals shaped like flames fly from her hand to each strike  one of the riders in the sky . (1 action)

She then Retrives a potion from her pack (free) and Drinks it (move)

OOC:
Casts Elemental Darts (cold damage)
Fort save for half DC 18

Touch attack (ranged)
1) 20+7=27 pos crit
crit con 17+7= 24
2) 14+7=21

Damage
1) no crit 4+8=12 (cold)
    crit 3+4+16=23 (cold)
2) 6+8=14 (cold)

Drinks potion of mage armor

(Elemental darts are sort of like magic missile, but need a ranged touch attack to hit, deal elemental damage, do 1d6+1/caster level, effect objects, have a save, can crit, and are a second level spell) (the ranged touch can really help if you roll a twenty, No?)

Manawolf

OOC: Yes, spells that require rolling a d20 to hit can critical unless it says that it can not.

The first rider in the attack is hit hard, and flying off its mount, landed with more of a smash than a splat upon the pavement.  The second manages to hold fast, despite also suffering from the wasp sting.

Zedd

Sven keeps an eye for sudden moves and casts off two scorching rays apon the remaining wasps. Total roll is a 30 damage

Malakin

Keeping his spear held in his off hand, Malakin throws his javelin up at yet another wasp.
ToHit: 23
Dammage:11
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

e_voyager

Eiram sees the wasp dives towards the stand and takes aim firing at one wasp after the another. causing it  to fall from the sky then without hesitation he aims and fires taking down a wounded wasp near Malakin that his comrade had struck moments before.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

The two wasps fell, and one by one there numbers were dwindling.  Only 35 more remained.

Manawolf

OOC: Alright, let's get this back on the road.

IC: The riders send their javelins flying again, but once more without guidance the javelins fall short of their target.  5 of the wasps zoom down at Josh, attempting to sting him, but they bounce readily off his armor.

Ket swoops over to before the doors of the temple, continuing his song.  The doors fly open and ten more archers run out.

"Archers, 5 to a wasp!" Josh order, "Now, FIRE!"

The arrows fly, 3 hitting the first wasp for 27 damage, 4 to the second for 32, 3 to the third for 18 and 4 to the fourth for 37.

All 4 wasps fall.

Josh swings away at the wasps, Hitting two of them, one of them critically.  He slices deep for 30 and 17 damage.  Marethial moves in and follows up, hitting the second wasp just as hard for 18 damage.  Then, Saeoun comes out of nowhere, and strikes the first wasp.  The two wasps of the 5 that attacked Josh fall.

OOC: Finally speeding this thing up.  Three wasps are now close enough to the ground to be attacked in melee, and there are now only 29 wasps in all left at the temple.  This marks a new round, so everyone at the temple is set to go again.  I still need Zaon to make his move amongst the spellcasters.

Reese Tora

Marosharr moves himself atleast ten feet to put himself in a good position to fire at tose wasps still in the air, and to keep hemself out of the probable melee that should shape up where some of the wasps have come to ground level.  He draws back and fires an arrow at one of the wasps still airborne.  The arrow pierces the wasp's chitinous exoskeleton.

Manawolf

Quav fires at one of the wasps, and hits for 16 damage.  Min hits the wasp attacking Sven, and hits for 10 damage.  The wasp Min hits makes it's final descent to the ground.  The lizardfolk jumps off and poises its lance.  The two wasps still around Sven try to attack again but miss, and so do their riders.  The one on the ground attacks Min, but the lance proves clumsy in its two handed grasp.  The remaining wasps dive at Quav, 3 miss, but one hits, dealing 7 damage.  Quav manages to stave off the poison from the sting.

e_voyager

Eiram draws his bow and  sets his is sights on more attacking wasp  unleashing a series of
arrows.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Manawolf

Another wasp falls and dies upon impact, along with its rider.

Malakin

Malakin, finding targets with in reach of the ground, grasps his spear firmly and moves to attack the closest wasp:

Tohit: 5 + 18 = 23
Dammage: 1+1+12 = 14

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

The wasps are hit by Malakin and Marosharr, but remain in flight.

"Concentrate your attacks, don't stop firing at one till it falls," Josh commands, still fighting off the wasps around him.

Snuggles

Ket already moved to where he was most needed and takes out his Whip. Seeing that a wasp was near by and strikes at it and almost criting it and doing 12 damage.

Manawolf

The riders draw their last javelins, and 30 sticks go flying through the air.  Half clink and splinter on the knight's armor, and the other half fly past, fall short, or ricochet off the half-celestial bard.  Two lizardfolk take stabs at Josh, but their lances prove useless.

Josh retaliates against the already battered wasp.  His first swipe hits, but the second misses.  The wasp falls along with its rider.

The archers take aim at their next targets and fire.  3 hit the first wasp, 4 hit the second, only 1 hit the third, and all five hit the fourth.  Wasp 1 gets hit for 28, Wasp 2 for 29, Wasp 3 12, and Wasp 4 a staggering 42 damage.  Only the last one falls.  30 wasps still remain.

"Pick off the three injured," Josh orders.

OOC: Once again, a new round.

Reese Tora

Marosharr shifts his position again to bring himself within short range of one fo the injured wasps.  He fires another arrow at it.  The Arrow strikes the wasp through the abdomen, but it remains in the air, despite the arrow lodged in it's flesh and chitin.

e_voyager

rapid fire attack on wounded wasp. (1d20+19=39, 1d8+7=8, 1d20+19=20, 1d8+7=14, 1d20+19=25, 1d8+7=9)  Eriam's first short flies  true then as he readies a second he is thrown off balance dropping his bow.

Malakin

Malakin makes to attack another wasp with his spear:

Tohit: 5 + 18 = 23
Dammage: 6+6+12 = 24

(OOC: secondattack if he does not have to move:)

Tohit: 4 + 13 = 17
Dammage: 3+1+12 = 16

Escape will make me God.
"

Manawolf

The spear strikes well, and the wasp falls.  The single arrow Eiram got off was still enough to take down another wasp.

Ket flies up to the third wasp in the bunch, and his whip rips it from the sky.

The riders still in the air reach for their next javelins...but feel nothing.

"Run out of ammo," Josh says smuggly, "Come back when you're restocked, though I think the results will be the same."

24 of the riders fly off, back toward the swamp, but five remain.  They point their lances and stingers in a combined charge at Josh.  If not for the Shield of faith, they might have made it through the cracks in Josh's armor.

Josh returns the gesture, missing on the first slash, but hitting for double on the second, dealing 22 damage to the wasp.  Marethial and Saeoun follow up, dealing 9 and 5 damage to the wasp.  The wasp falls to the ground, just another amonst the two dozen fallen giant insects.

OOC: Finally, a new round, and only 4 enemies left (the other 24 got frightened and ran off.)

e_voyager

Eriam picks up his dropped bow then aims at one of the four remaining wasp.
fires at wasp (1d20+19=35, 1d8+7=9)

Reese Tora

Marosharr moves to within 30 of the closest wasp and fires another arrow

{to hit: http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Marosharr#190473 }
{damage if hit: http://krisinchico.brinkster.net/searchroll.asp?username=Marosharr#190475 I may be forgetting some damage bonus, though.}

Manawolf

OOC: You did leave out a d6.  I rolled the extra, and you got another 6, bringing the total to 18 damage.

The arrow strikes hard, but the wasp still lives.