03/20/09 [DMFA #984] - Boyfriend hahaha

Started by Hellcat, March 20, 2009, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

to be fair, we've seen no evidence of any intimate physical interaction between Dan and Matilda...

Wildy, now that we're on the subject...well, there was that one S&M scene between the two in the early strips.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_047.php

although it's hard to tell if the outlaw is Dan
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 21, 2009, 12:21:16 PM
to be fair, we've seen no evidence of any intimate physical interaction between Dan and Matilda...

Wildy, now that we're on the subject...well, there was that one S&M scene between the two in the early strips.

If your implying a deeper relationship between Wildy and Dan,I'm gonna have to say it would be crushed with this here comic.

Unless your trying to say something completely different or nothing at all...

joshofspam

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 21, 2009, 12:21:16 PM

Is it intimacy or is Wildly just marking her territory?  :P

I think it's more of playing cowgirl and cow then sheriff and bandit.

As for Matilda, I think with their last parting words even though they didn't become a couple she still hinted at being interested in Dan. But it still remains to be seen if they will be anything other then friends.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 21, 2009, 11:49:46 AM
I'm surprised no one else posted these, so I guess I'll have to remind everyone of Dan and Loren's Alex & Emma moment.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_447.php

Alex & Emma? Where did you go for a reference this time? Who are they?

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2009, 11:51:14 AM
If you want jealousy, Matilda could be a bigger problem.

That depends on how possessive she is over a casual (or less) date.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Titanium Dragon

QuoteIf Dan has to be rescued, is he really a suitable man for Lorenda?

Well, firstly, she probably doesn't see it that way.

Secondly, Kria is a hypocrite. Lest we forget, while she claims she believes in survival of the strongest and the like, its clear that she only believes that when its convenient. When it comes down to someone she knows (Abel, Aliph, Lorenda) she doesn't go by the "survival of the strongest" principle. Its family this time; with Abel, he "wasn't a target" and she knew him.

Third, Kria is a pervert, and she thinks Dan is hot.

Fourth, she does a lot of stuff to mess with people, as how she acts around people she knows and people she doesn't is very different, and its very likely that at least some of it is a show for other peoples' benefit.

Fifth, she values creatures more than beings. As Lorenda is a softie, she may think that Lorenda being with a creature is vastly preferable to a being like Jyrras.

And lest we forget, from our point of view anyway, Kria is a bit crazy, but also does things like this. There is more to her than a lot of you are giving her credit for.

Kria, for all her seeming shallowness, isn't nearly as shallow as people seem to believe she is for whatever reason.

QuoteWell, it's all well and good that Kria's stopping them, but won't Aliph be even more pissed when he finds out that his niece is "dating" his archrival? Maybe Lorenda should have thought this through a bit more.

How would that really change anything?

QuoteIt's not, though.  Unless there's something we don't know about Alexsi (and there is no proof of this at all AFAIK) the inn belongs to a Being.  It does have two 'Cubi and at least one Fae in regular attendance though.

And a dragon.

Mao

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on March 21, 2009, 05:15:55 PM

Secondly, Kria is a hypocrite. Lest we forget, while she claims she believes in survival of the strongest and the like, its clear that she only believes that when its convenient. When it comes down to someone she knows (Abel, Aliph, Lorenda) she doesn't go by the "survival of the strongest" principle. Its family this time; with Abel, he "wasn't a target" and she knew him.

It does kinda look hypocritical, but it should be noted that Demons are noted for their strong familial ties.  In the case of Abel it's a bit of a stretch, but keep in mind that she helped raise Abel in a way, as she helped teach him when he was young.

Third, Kria is a pervert, and she thinks Dan is hot.

Fair enough.  I don't agree though.  She's honest and expresses exactly what she's thinking.  She finds Dan attractive and doesn't make any qualms about it, I don't see the problem here.

Fourth, she does a lot of stuff to mess with people, as how she acts around people she knows and people she doesn't is very different, and its very likely that at least some of it is a show for other peoples' benefit.

We all do that.  We all keep people at different distances from our real selves.  Kria is just much more of an upfront and in your face kind of person though so when she does it, it's quite obvious.

Fifth, she values creatures more than beings. As Lorenda is a softie, she may think that Lorenda being with a creature is vastly preferable to a being like Jyrras.

I think with her, it's not a race thing, but a strength thing.  For example she started to find Jyyras hot once he started fighting back.. even if it was just ankle biting.

And lest we forget, from our point of view anyway, Kria is a bit crazy, but also does things like this. There is more to her than a lot of you are giving her credit for.

Kria, for all her seeming shallowness, isn't nearly as shallow as people seem to believe she is for whatever reason.

You'll get no argument from me.  Watch out for the folks still hung up on the good vs. evil, black and white, crowd though.  They seem to not like it when we point out that these aren't one dimensional beings doomed to be crushed by the hero in their blazing glory.

QuoteWell, it's all well and good that Kria's stopping them, but won't Aliph be even more pissed when he finds out that his niece is "dating" his archrival? Maybe Lorenda should have thought this through a bit more.

How would that really change anything?

I think given Kria's quick change of attitude on the matter he's expecting some some conflicting emotions in DP once he finds out that Dan is potential family.  I'm not so sure.  DP isn't going to be suckered by tradition and stereotype so easily.  It's hard to say though for me.  DP has become quite the wild card in my opinion.

jeffh4

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on March 21, 2009, 12:34:44 PM
If your implying a deeper relationship between Wildy and Dan,I'm gonna have to say it would be crushed with this here comic.

Unless your trying to say something completely different or nothing at all...
Eh.

I consider this to be about the same speech that Elastigirl gives in in the black & white interview at the beginning of The Incredibles.

I don't put too much value in Wildy's professions here.  Sure, she values her space and independence, but she would think being in love with someone to be a weakness. Not only in the way others see her but how she sees herself. She would have to compromise her own values and desires for someone else.  Maybe we should ask the real Wildy on this. She posts here sometimes  8)

kazzellin

My, Kria has so many pointy little teeth. . .  :blink

(As a side note, we've been bantying back and forth about how much training Dan has with his tentacles and control for all those cuts DP has been given, and the cut columns, etc. We forgot about the training he received under Aary, though - http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_387.php heh.)

Titanium Dragon

Way back at SAIA it was mentioned that Dan thrives on pain, as well as justice and doing the right thing. Hence, when he's hurt, or when he feels like he's doing the right thing, he probably becomes stronger. This may mean that hurting Dan is actually counterproductive, as he's got the shonen power that being beaten up makes you stronger, and being able to relate to his foe would probably make him weaker because he wouldn't feel as just in his action.

So it may be that fighting people like Regina or Dark Pegasus actually makes Dan more dangerous, and that Dark Pegasus, by hitting Dan in the chest, made Dan stronger.

Nothing like giving your characters canonical shonen powers :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: jeffh4 on March 21, 2009, 10:38:51 PM
Maybe we should ask the real Wildy on this. She posts here sometimes  8)

Why? The Wildy in the comic and the Wildy in RL are two totally separate people. If you want details on how the comic Wildy thinks, you need to ask Amber, not Wildy.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

jeffh4

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 22, 2009, 07:08:41 AM
Quote from: jeffh4 on March 21, 2009, 10:38:51 PM
Maybe we should ask the real Wildy on this. She posts here sometimes  8)

Why? The Wildy in the comic and the Wildy in RL are two totally separate people. If you want details on how the comic Wildy thinks, you need to ask Amber, not Wildy.
Yep. I realized that.  That's why I ended the sentence with a smiley. I was being a bit facetious with my suggestion.

inuhanyo

Quote from: Titanium Dragon on March 22, 2009, 03:39:06 AM
Way back at SAIA it was mentioned that Dan thrives on pain, as well as justice and doing the right thing. Hence, when he's hurt, or when he feels like he's doing the right thing, he probably becomes stronger. This may mean that hurting Dan is actually counterproductive, as he's got the shonen power that being beaten up makes you stronger, and being able to relate to his foe would probably make him weaker because he wouldn't feel as just in his action.

So it may be that fighting people like Regina or Dark Pegasus actually makes Dan more dangerous, and that Dark Pegasus, by hitting Dan in the chest, made Dan stronger.

Nothing like giving your characters canonical shonen powers :P

Amber has commented on this.  Yes, Dan gets a bit of a rush from combat, but he's using up energy faster than he gets it, even with that.

Maybe in time, as he learns more about absorbing energy via emotion, and learns to fight with his Cubi powers more efficiently ...

For now, it's a good thing he belongs to a clan with a living founder, it gives him an extra energy resource to tap during emergencies.