03/20/09 [DMFA #984] - Boyfriend hahaha

Started by Hellcat, March 20, 2009, 01:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Schiller

Quote from: ShiningShadow on March 20, 2009, 11:07:25 AM
(snip) ..., But i have a question when Lorenda mentioned the fact to Kria that Dan is her boyfriend she said it without hesitating, I'm thinking there is some sort of a attraction to Dan in a secret sort of way like a crush to him and that book that wildly wrote about those two in a secret romance with each other. Maybe reinforce that secret crush for Dan to make him my boyfirend. I might be daft here does anybody else saw that also.
It's because when a woman puts a lot of effort into something, most men just don't notice, but Dan does.    :love2

With regards,
Ted

Akisohida

Quote from: !KCA on March 20, 2009, 08:44:41 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 20, 2009, 08:36:03 AM
Aw, hell, it's not like Kria even expects them to be happy and lovey-dovey forever; this IS a woman who sees nothing wrong with eating the husband as part of a divorce settlement.
"Husband?" Kria was married?

Here is the comic http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_096.php that shows Kria and her 'Husband'.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

jeffh4

Quote from: Baal Hadad on March 20, 2009, 02:33:40 AM
I'm trying to remember why her "cutsie" expression in the last panel looks familiar--I wouldn't have seen it elsewhere in either comic, but I KNOW I've seen an expression like that SOMEWHERE....  >.<

I recognize it because I get to read bedtime stories every night.  The eyes and eyebrows especially are exactly like those on Huey, Dewey and Louie. 

mopman

But what about "family comes first"?
[/quote]

Since Dan could end up being the father of her grandkids ( a great catch in her opinion remember ) he would definatly qualify .
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Draken

MWAHAHAhAh!!!  The face on Kria is priceless!  As is the one I am imagining on Lorenda to boot. :mwaha
Poor dan, will he ever get through a fight without a lady ruining the "moment"  (First it was the gummibears song, now this).

At least there's a chance he won't have to be revived this time.

(One quick thing...is it possible that one of Kria's ancestors long long LOOOONG ago was a demonrabbit (possibly once destroyed by a holy grenade to boot?), thus explaining her long ears?)

And why the heck am I a pygmy shrew Fluffy Fluffball??

"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

joshofspam

On a far off what if question, how do you think Kria would spoil her grandchildren.

Yes she was remarkably laid back when the fighting was going. But when boyfriend was mentioned, it was almost like she was planning the wedding in her head and I wouldn't be surprised if that's true she would be thinking about being a grandmother in the near future.

Does this have to deal with Kria's ex in any way? 
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

This theoretically pulls Dan out of immediate danger, and DP as well.  It doesn't solve the fact that Dan and Regina vowed to destroy each other.
If Dan truly means to kill her, leaving it until she's a powerful, experienced demon is probably not a good idea.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Angel

Well, it's all well and good that Kria's stopping them, but won't Aliph be even more pissed when he finds out that his niece is "dating" his archrival? Maybe Lorenda should have thought this through a bit more.

Quote from: Akisohida on March 20, 2009, 11:05:12 AM
Happy Kria is possibly the scariest thing I've seen yet.  I am still impressed to this day how this can be such a web of complex relationships, drama, tragedy and comedy in one whole mass.   

I still say Happy Fa'Lina is scarier.

The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Buhamet

Probably not, no

then again, if DP is her uncle, then it will mean shen won't be as powerful as DP, ever, even when fully grown, due to Demonic Bloodlines (read the hyrbid genetics arcs for conformation)

still, killing her now is a good idea

OH, and I never thought Lorenda would pull a trick like that! it was epic!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Buhamet on March 20, 2009, 01:23:06 PM
Probably not, no

You're responding to me, right, not BlackAngel?

Quotethen again, if DP is her uncle, then it will mean shen won't be as powerful as DP, ever, even when fully grown, due to Demonic Bloodlines (read the hyrbid genetics arcs for conformation)

I think that depends if she is purebred or halfbred.  I don't know the answer to that one, though I may just have missed it.

Buhamet

she's more likely a purebreed, but you never know

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 01:26:16 PM
I think that depends if she is purebred or halfbred.  I don't know the answer to that one, though I may just have missed it.

I don't think she's a halfbreed.  If you look at Lorenda's cast page, it states both sides of the breeds.  Then look at DP, Kria and Regina:  only one breed mentioned.  That's not definitive of course, but it might be an indication.

tiggertoo

Quote from: Black_angel on March 20, 2009, 01:21:59 PM
Happy Kria is possibly the scariest thing I've seen yet.  I am still impressed to this day how this can be such a web of complex relationships, drama, tragedy and comedy in one whole mass.   
Happy Fa'lina terrifies dragons - even one who knows her very well (or maybe that should be *especially* one who knows her very well).

jeffh4

Quote from: tiggertoo on March 20, 2009, 03:19:36 PM
Quote from: Black_angel on March 20, 2009, 01:21:59 PM
Happy Fa'lina terrifies dragons - even one who knows her very well (or maybe that should be *especially* one who knows her very well).
Nope. You are forgetting how guys think.  Commitment -> Marriage -> BABIES terrifies all single males, even if they happen to be dragons.  Remember that it was the word "Babies" that Pyroduck was babbling, not "AHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

silentassassin

Ah yes though now I'm really wanting to see into pyroduck and Fa'lina's relationship. It seems to be one of the oddest foster relationships.

inuhanyo

Quote from: ShiningShadow on March 20, 2009, 11:07:25 AM
Well i will wait for the expression on Dan's face when this revelation hits. Ohhhhhh jeeze the frozen stare, But i have a question when Lorenda mentioned the fact to Kria that Dan is her boyfriend she said it without hesitating, I'm thinking there is some sort of a attraction to Dan in a secret sort of way like a crush to him and that book that wildly wrote about those two in a secret romance with each other. Maybe reinforce that secret crush for Dan to make him my boyfirend. I might be daft here does anybody else saw that also.

Without hesitating?

Kria: "You know family always comes before business."
Lorenda:  "..."  *next panel* "..."  "Dan...is my boyfriend."

You do understand that the ellipsis is the sound of silence, right?

You know, I wonder how much Lorenda is attached to her uncle Aliph? 

Lorenda never knew her dad,  and in humans at least that can leave a kid with serious issues. (There was a panel in one strip that had Lorenda on the psychiatrist couch, taking about this, Not necessarily canon, though.)  That can be avoided if the kid finds someone else to fill the role of father.  We really haven't seen Aliph outside his villain role, so we just don't know whether or not he'd have been willing and capable of doing that.

N-Cat

I doubt that Lorenda is to attached to Dark Pegasus.  After all, he's been dead for a lot of her lifetime, but she never seems too depressed, does she? You'd think that as a demon, she'd request the name of the killer and seek revenge.  Actually, scratch that.  Only Inigo Montoya and Dan have done that and neither of them are Demons.  Sorry!

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 01:13:10 PM
This theoretically pulls Dan out of immediate danger, and DP as well.  It doesn't solve the fact that Dan and Regina vowed to destroy each other.
If Dan truly means to kill her, leaving it until she's a powerful, experienced demon is probably not a good idea.

Well, Alexei is looking for a new bouncer/bodyguard.  Maybe Regina gets stuck with the job as some sort of penance for causing mayhem at an establishment that's owned by another Creature.  Their laws don't do much to persecute Creatures preying on Beings, but what if it's within the establishment owned by a Creature?  A different set of laws might be involved.  That'd be a twist.

Tycoon

I'll be extremely disappointed if this doesn't end up with Dan tied to a bed.

Arroyo Milori

I might have to agree with inuhanyo. Heck, we don't know if DP treats Regina better than what Kria does with Regina. Then again, it would probably be the same. : P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadowcatcher on March 20, 2009, 08:07:12 PM
Well, Alexei is looking for a new bouncer/bodyguard.  Maybe Regina gets stuck with the job as some sort of penance for causing mayhem at an establishment that's owned by another Creature.

It's not, though.  Unless there's something we don't know about Alexsi (and there is no proof of this at all AFAIK) the inn belongs to a Being.  It does have two 'Cubi and at least one Fae in regular attendance though.
Edward and Destania owned it at one point, but I've heard ownership has been transferred to Alexsi - at least temporarily - since then.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 08:52:53 PM
Quote from: Shadowcatcher on March 20, 2009, 08:07:12 PM
Well, Alexei is looking for a new bouncer/bodyguard.  Maybe Regina gets stuck with the job as some sort of penance for causing mayhem at an establishment that's owned by another Creature.

It's not, though.  Unless there's something we don't know about Alexsi (and there is no proof of this at all AFAIK) the inn belongs to a Being.  It does have two 'Cubi and at least one Fae in regular attendance though.
Edward and Destania owned it at one point, but I've heard ownership has been transferred to Alexsi - at least temporarily - since then.

well, if Alexsi can scare a Cubi of Abel's age, she'd do wonders for Regina.

also: ooh, ick, amber injured herself.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 20, 2009, 10:24:45 PM
well, if Alexsi can scare a Cubi of Abel's age, she'd do wonders for Regina.
This is very true.

Quotealso: ooh, ick, amber injured herself.
Ack.  Well, don't overdo it.  I don't think anyone will complain about the delay. 

Shadowcatcher

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 20, 2009, 08:52:53 PM

Yep, but timing is the issue.  When did the event with Regina and Dan occur?  Was it before he went to adventure school?  If so, then Destania was definitely there.

kaskar

8) Well, in Kria's eyes, the question of Lorenda being gay and I'll love anyway, no matter what, seem's to have just been annulled ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

N-Cat

Very True.  But what do you think? Is Lorenda "have the Gay?" as her mother says? She hasn't had any boyfriends, and her response to Jyrras seemed similar to Dan's response to Jyrras, and she didn't know he was gay.  Therefore, the sexual orientation problem could be on her end and Jyrras'

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

GabrielsThoughts

I'm surprised no one else posted these, so I guess I'll have to remind everyone of Dan and Loren's Alex & Emma moment.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_447.php

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on March 21, 2009, 11:43:40 AM
boy is Jy gonna be jealous.  >:3

Only if he finds out (and to be fair, Dan's already said he can't have him and Jy has confessed his love for Abel).  If you want jealousy, Matilda could be a bigger problem.
I just hope that what happens in Soulstealer Manor stays in Soulstealer Manor.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 21, 2009, 11:51:14 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on March 21, 2009, 11:43:40 AM
boy is Jy gonna be jealous.  >:3

Only if he finds out (and to be fair, Dan's already said he can't have him and Jy has confessed his love for Abel).  If you want jealousy, Matilda could be a bigger problem.
I just hope that what happens in Soulstealer Manor stays in Soulstealer Manor.
I don't really see Matilda as the jealous type. : L