[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

well, i'll be busy for the first half... but if the end day is after the 16th i should be golden :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Gabi

Each round lasts 4 weeks, so that shouldn't be a problem as long as you remember. The round will end on New Year's Day.

So far we have Arroyo, Inumo, Kipiru, Merlin, e_voyager, Basilisk, Corgatha Taldorthar and WhiteFox. I'll keep taking sign-ups until the 3rd inclusive.

In the meantime, if there happens to be anyone for whom you absolutely cannot make a gift, please let me know.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gabi

The first question is in! And everyone, please remember you have time until the 1st to send me your gifts. That's 1/1 in either notation!

Quote from: Kipiru's gifter
Could you ask Kipiru which character he'd like depicted, and a bit about their history and personality?

Inumo

Pre-emptive strike again, only this time it's not a quote!

Quote from: Inumo on August 27, 2011, 10:52:46 PM
I'm curious as to what your take is on one (or more, I suppose) of the many races I've created. Pick one, and have fun with it! They are listed below, sorted by source.

Akami:

• Aguashe - The aguashe are a people with faceted eyes, bowed legs, and a rather weird foot structure. Unlike humans, their feet consist of a small triangular bone with three toes extending from it, which provide all support necessary. They are rarely not part of a school, often wearing shirts emblazoned with a school insignia. These schools are an important part of the social hierarchy as well, and as such they always have straps, one attached to each hip looping around their waist, that denote their rank. The one attached to the left hip is colored in the style of the aguashe's school, and lays underneath the right strap from the front (it goes over in back). The one attached to the right hip denotes their rank in the school, and goes over from the front and under in back. They live in a rainforest in houses and other structures based on almond-shaped components.
  • Mafide - The mafide look much like an upright triceratops, minus the two horns on the fan of the head and the tail. Their hands have fingers that can only just curl into the palm of their hand, and their feet are similar to an elephant's in appearance. Their society is based upon a person's merits, which are denoted by bright colors on articles of clothing related to their merits. For example, a talented unarmed fighter might have bright green fingerless gloves, or a skilled tailor might have an electric blue patch. In general, colors create a hierarchy starting at a Han purple and progressing through purple, red-violet, red, red-orange, orange, yellow-orange, yellow, yellow-green, green, teal, blue, and finally white. They live in vast underground networks beneath a desert, where entire cities have been known to collapse when construction was improperly performed.
  • Hakare - The hakare have many characteristics reminiscent of their frog ancestry. Their heads are very similar to a frog's, their hands only have four fingers, their legs are reverse-jointed, and their feet are akin to a loose Y, often drooping slightly when they take a step before spreading out when weight is put on it. In addition, running from their forehead to their lower back is a unique marking, which can be anywhere from scrolling to geometric to a few simple lines and can be nigh any color found in nature. It's said that one can read a hakare's future by interpreting their mark. Their society is very spiritual, placing a high emphasis on religious leaders, though nobody wears anything to denote their place in the hierarchy. They live in a savannah with a wet and dry season in homes made of adobe with roof supports sticking out from the tops of walls and woven grass doors.
  • Damete - The damete are small, goat-like people with exotically colored eyes (purple, amber, etc; think fairies or elves) and hooves for feet. Their fur covers their body save their arms, where the fur extends to about the elbow before turning into a more normal skin. Often they will wear cloaks or capes, as well as a jewel of some sort suspended from a chain wrapping around their forehead. Their society is highly decentralized, forming scattered autonomous villages that meet annually at the center of their over-sized valley. Their village buildings are reminiscent of old Irish buildings, being made out of stones stacked one atop another which are bound/sealed with crude mortar, topped off with a thatch roof.
  • Tarvande - The tarvande are man-sized humanoid dragons with clawed hands, mismatched eyes, and patches covered in something rock-like. It is extremely difficult to break, but doesn't impair a tarvande's movement. Their society is guild-oriented, though to a lesser extent than the aguashe's. Though many who are high in a guild will wear full guild regalia on a daily basis, more often people will hang a trinket or piece of jewelry representative of their guild on their shirt or around their neck. They live in tunnels carved into their home mountain range, their settlements and cities reminiscent of a spoked wheel.

Unnamed Fantasy Setting:

• Melorin - Melorins are serpent-necked and bow-legged people with three fingers and toes (the feet are the same as an aguashe's). Their society places a high value on knowledge, and as such often act as seers or wise-men. This is aided by their abilities with divination magics.
  • Rieka - Riekas are people who take after an animal with one or two traits. This can range from having a cat tail and ears to a shark fin and tail to a snake's tongue and patches of scales. They are often religious devotees, having a common belief in acceptance of others and exploration, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. As a result, it is hard to shock them with one's appearance. They are adept at manipulation magics, in part due to their shapeshifting nature.
  • Hidraki - Hidraki appear to be made out of a reddish-tinted water, colored due to the dissolved magical stone which gives them life. They have no specialty, instead spending their relatively short lives doing as they please and hoping that, when they die and their water is returned to their home lake, the knowledge they learned shall be passed on to a later Hidraki, from generation to generation. As their life is dependent on what others use for magic, Hidraki are wary of magic and magic-users, believing that they will only be used for their supply of said magical stone. Of course, this also means that they do not use magic.
  • Eyas - Eyas have the same red magical stone which gives the Hidraki life growing from their shoulders through their hide, which grow as they eat more and more of said stone. After a certain point, they begin to walk on two legs instead of four and eventually gain sentience, though some of their primal instincts, such as a power-centric hierarchy and natural capability with any and all magic, still show through. In addition, the level of power they routinely manage often makes the Eyas temperamental.

Forum RPs:

• Moloi - The Moloi developed a magical trait which causes them to turn to stone whenever a part of them is being viewed by a living source. This stone-shape isn't the same as their true-shape. However, this doesn't stop their mental activity, only their physical.
    Moloi are born blind, and stay as such until they are fifteen. At thirteen, they undergo a rite of passage, where they must pass through an obstacle course and, at the obstacle they fall at, they earn a blindfold of a specific color. Green is the lowest on the ranking, lying beneath the first obstacle, a series of platforms. If a Moloi passes that, they can either choose to take a teal bandana, or continue onto the next obstacle, a set of balance beams and trapezes over a pit with the blue bandana. After that, there is the purple bandana, and the option to continue on to the final obstacle. The last obstacle's pit is filled with illusionary spikes, though no Moloi coming of age knows that they are an illusion. To cross the pit, a Moloi must jump from pillars only wide enough to place a foot on, followed by a leap of faith onto a platform with the white bandana. Should they fall, they land on the ground and are given a red bandana. The bandanas are used to cover the adolescent's eyes so that they don't accidentally freeze anyone when their eyes open. The bandanas are enchanted so that they cannot be removed unwillingly.
    A Moloi's blind lifestyle has also granted them the ability to "see" by sensing the presence of an object or creature. A moloi can't tell the actual shape or appearance of an object or creature unless they (the object or creature) wait around for a few seconds. Beyond that, the Moloi are very much magical creatures in nature. In addition to their inborn magical abilities, they also absorb half of all magical energy that is directed them and use it as a supplement to food. They do require some nutrition, however.
    Due to their sensitive nature, the Moloi have been fearful of leaving the safety of their Valley of Stone. This has prevented them from ever dealing with any other creatures or cultures, so they speak their own language and have developed a lifestyle vastly different from those outside the Valley.
  • Mish'Na - The Mish'Na have ropes of flesh that flow from their shoulders down to the backs of their knees, a natural cape of sorts. Their scaly skin is slick like a fish's, colored a deep green like an asparagus. Their hair falls in cords, like smooth dreadlocks. Though a very primitive society, they are physically incapable of "going through the motions" of anything, devoting themselves to whatever task they take up at any time.

Writing these all down, I realize just how little thought I have in most of the non-Akami races, despite having made the Akami races all the way back in middle school... If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask, and if none of these races strike a chord with your muse, I can certainly offer you a small selection of characters to choose from.

Gabi

Quote from: Basilisk's gifter
To Bas:

You know the deal. Character(s), setting, theme(s), whatever you'd like, let me know!

Kipiru

Dear Gifter,

So far I only have the one character- Kipiru. Here is his info:
Kipiru is basically your average unicorn- white with a golden sheen to his hair and a gold long horn- chiseled body, but not overly buff and tall (about 3 meters)- he is an all-being, a sort of guardian of the stars, so he has developed a sort of sarcastic, joyful attitude towards everything. He can be serious when he wants to, but not often and then it is usually because he is angry. Clothing varies depending on situation- casual and military are all OK- chose the one you prefer drawing :) Favourite color- blue. Weapons: a large, two handed sword and a large revolver. No distinctive marks on his face,eyes are blue.

Since I've only posted one picture of Kipiru- here it is:
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4699/kipiruandbeevervacation.jpg
here he is drawn by Ren:
http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/4633/kipirustarrider.png
http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/9623/strip095.png
http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/1316/unlediay.png
http://project-future.org/strip.php?strip=87b
by Beever:
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/9683/kipiruthestarrider.jpg
by Aisha:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2217/kipiru.png
by WhiteFox:
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/209/kipv.png

Gabi

e_voyager's gifter would like E to state which character he would like done and to give a description of it.

And WhiteFox's gifter wants to know what he would like for character/setting/any theme etc.

WhiteFox

Dear Gifter:

As per the previous round:
Quote from: WhiteFox on August 31, 2011, 02:11:09 PM
Anyone from DSOF or Gabriel's backstory comic would be fine. There's also my avatar, as seen in HTTTA.

Plus, I have a tumblr account. It's mostly loose odds and ends, but there might be something in there that strikes your fancy.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

e_voyager

i'm vary easy to gift for but if you want a specific character then how about Eurtan?

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/evoyagerfamilypic.png
he's the feline in the blue shorts.  this incarnation of him is more updated then my original concept but it'll be nice to see you view on him. what follows is some information on Eurtan form his original Bio.

Name: Erutan voyager
Influence: nature /energy
Race Mixed :  feline panther / tiger,
Job retired: adventurer / Mercenary
Hair Color/Style: generally short cut typically black -dark brown. can change with magic for a disguise
Eye Shape/Color: varies with form (between feline and human)
Complexion: varies with form ( medium to dark skin and fur from solid color to tiger stripes showing through fur color )
Physical health: good endurance, speed, strength, agility
Build: appears mundane but covering a innate strength
Height: 6 ft 2 in
Weight: 230 lbs
Identifying Marks: hidden dragon like wings , diapering tiger stripes
Clothes: a plain ordinary set clothes that are easily to over looked and change for each new town etc.
Armor: due to a spell clothes and fur under go a transformation to suite the situation.
Weapons: natural weapons to his form, Staff and a homemade helmet that controls the element and through them influence the weather.
Jewelry: small locket he is never without spelled for its protection in battle and against thieves.
Magic: mostly inherit abilities 'transformation, extra sensory awareness, channeling of destructive energy, etc.' and calling on his ancestors spirits for aid a ability they seems unique to him in his family

Since retired form his mercenary work Eurtan has returned to his home village when he spent much of his time tending a large garden consisting of food plants and medical herbs.  Eurtan  is passive by nature and will avoid unnecessary conflict.When cornered or defending his friends/ family Eurtan will fight back using his skill with the staff and basic martial arts. when pushed to his limits eurtan transforms into one of his ancestral forms but the further back he goes the harder it is to control especially for a first time. In most cases it is unheard of to go further back then 10 to maybe 20 generations but masters of this technique have be know to go as far as fifty generations. Eurtan has been noted as going back over 100. it has be whispered in the village that he may be a either a demon or a god reborn into the world to fight it's destruction. The elders deny this. But to names keep popping up. Erutan the being of nature and Erebus the being of the void.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Merlin

I'll pre-emptive strike! Any of the characters from my webcomic would be lovely. Here's a convenient link: http://www.dhscomix.com/index.php?p=rchara

Gabi

Quote from: Arroyo Milori's gifter
What character would you like a gift of?
What species and color scheme are they?
Do you want something drawn or written?

Lisky

Apologies for the delays! i've been busy getting ready for exams next week.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BaseliskCommishWIP.png
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/BasColored-1.png

feel free to use Bas for this one...

As for setting and whatnot... high fantasy, or steampunk... either works! Go have fun, Gifter!

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Gabi on December 09, 2011, 09:58:50 AM
Quote from: Arroyo Milori's gifter
What character would you like a gift of?
What species and color scheme are they?
Do you want something drawn or written?

I would like (something) involving Citrine and Arroyo. An odd combination but I don't really have much involving both of them together.

I do have other characters I have yet to be drawn but I can't very well assign you those characters because of lack of visuals of them.

As for the third question:What is your strong suit? Art or Writing?

Gabi

Merlin's gifter said: "I would also like to know the general specs of my gifter as well. What they want and such."

However I believe the question's addressed to Merlin rather than Merlin's gifter's gifter. It makes more sense that way.

Merlin

Quote from: Gabi on December 17, 2011, 10:12:41 AM
Merlin's gifter said: "I would also like to know the general specs of my gifter as well. What they want and such."

However I believe the question's addressed to Merlin rather than Merlin's gifter's gifter. It makes more sense that way.

Quote from: Merlin on December 07, 2011, 10:55:29 PM
I'll pre-emptive strike! Any of the characters from my webcomic would be lovely. Here's a convenient link: http://www.dhscomix.com/index.php?p=rchara

But if you want less vague specs, I guess Nettle would be nice: http://www.dhscomix.com/rchara/rchara.php?p=nettle
This is the last time I drew him in-comic, he was being a bit whiny: http://www.dhscomix.com/comics/10/rcomic.php?p=27

Gabi

Quote from: Arroyo's gifterI actually fancy myself a better writer then drawer. but on you your request.
So you want something Citrine and Arroyo. this is fine what relation ship do they have? (friends , family , dating, enemies, ect...)
what are each of there personalities and well gender would be important as well.
i still need a color scheme for each of them and a favorite color for each would be appreciated as well.
do they have any shared hobbies?
how do they treat each other ? (after all just because your family doesn't mean you're nice to each other)

Gabi

Here they are, the first gifts of 2012!

-Merlin made this gift for WhiteFox:

-Kipiru made this gift for e_voyager.

-Corgatha Taldorthar wrote the following gift for Kipiru:

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 31, 2011, 10:37:14 PM
Drudgery

He had barely been on it for two days, but Kipriu already disliked the planet of Lustarr. In addition to its truly idiotic name (gems were their primary export), it docked in at a 1.9 standard gravity. While that was undoubtedly beneficial to the local diamond industry, it dragged on the unicorn's tall frame, and he had even abandoned his cstomary bodyguard armor in favor of a lighter flak vest for what he hoped would be a primarily ceremonial assignment anyway. Furthermore, local evolution meant that the natives tended towards short and stocky, and he was forever having to stoop through doorways, crick his neck under cramped ceilings, and in one irritable occasion, dislodge his horn from a stupidly placed chandelier in the greeting hall.

All because some Galactic Councilor wanted non-local protection while he oversaw safety reforms in the deeper crevasses.  Still, what could you do? Smile for the flashpicts, enjoy the finger food, and try to relax; no matter how irritated the local magnates might be from an order from Central like this, they weren't about to try to murder a Councilor in his luxury hotel. (Or at least what passed for such around here.)

At least there were the tourists. It must have been a standard decade since someone was sent here from Central, and so far his major duty had been keeping out gawkers who would traipse into the halls when off work shifts. A snort and a wisecrack would often deflect even the most ardent of admirers, and he'd be damned if he didn't see a smile on most of the faces he directed out. Being told off by a scary looking bodyguard in a faux-metallic suit seemed to be good enough consolation for failing to meet the Councilor.

Still, despite the small comforts, he knew this was a waste of his talents, and as Kipriu awoke on the third "day", (the higher gravity ensured that the atmosphere on Lustarr contained enough helium to be unbreathable by most, meaning that all habitation was inside sealed domes where light levels remained at a constant.) as he rubbed out the kink in his back as he showered, he was grimly looking forward to the end of the Councilor's visit to this rock pit. Even his characteristic humor was starting to fray, as his official duties were imposing a stern visage to the locals, and the irritation of the assignment was starting to match his face to his mask.

This is where I ran out of steam; I don't have enough information about the character to come up with a real conflict and I don't have enough willpower to invent one and resolve it, and I dislike those kind of stories anyway. I'd hold off for a few days and put this in past deadline, but tbh, I don't think I'd actually come up with anything in the extra time, so here's what I have.

-e_voyager wrote the following gift for Arroyo:

Quote from: e_voyagerThe lion paced the halls of the mall, he was both frustrated and giddy with anticipation. The holidays were coming up and he was looking forward to them but sadly they were also the case of his frustration. The mall was crowed but then that was to be expected with the holiday itself mere days.   Arroyo pull out a small slip of paper on it was a list of several names all but two crossed out. This was the source of frustration his gift list. He had gotten gifts for all but two of the names on his list.

Arroyo stopped his eye caught by one of the window displays that brought a smile to his muzzle. He wondered if either Citrine or Tierra would like the set before him. Suddenly and arm wraps around his waist and another grips his chest. A familiar voice says " i've you Arroyo... you're mine now" Arroyo quickly choose the list back in his pocket. "Hey Tierra what are you doing here other then stalking me?" "I might ask you the same." She looks past him the holiday candle display. All the candles are shaped like wax figurines and arranged ins such a way as to created a holiday scene. She  giggled "still doing out holiday shopping? Is that why you're here?" "maybe" said Arroyo

Citrine finished up her warm-up exercise then found a sparing partner for the day. The mediation really helped focus her mind but still she wished her rivaled had shown up. There was little as enjoyable as a good match that pushed your limits.  She wondered why Arroyo didn't stick around to spare or to watch at least. It seemed like he was really distracted by something. Still the party tomorrow night would be fun.

The night of the party Citrine received a package in it was a card that said happy holidays,  a new Gi, a mediation mat and several small scented tea candles. She chuckles. Was this what Arroyo was up to? He must have been worried she would take the holiday gift the wrong way. Or worse that she might start behaving like Tierra around him. Well she'd fix that thought soon enough.

Arroyo was enjoying the party. It was a calmer paced party then some but that was fine, there were also several friends from out of town visiting but still there was something missing. That something went by the name Citrine. He wondered why she would ask if he was going to be here then not show up. Suddenly he felt a prodding in his ribs  it felt like ... "hello mr. Milori  " said a gruff voice that if he didn't know better sounded like Citrine. He took a sniff of the air but couldn't smell her perfume. "I would appreciate it if you don't do anything rash mr. Milori" said the voice.  " Now take six steps forward to the center of the room please"  Arroyo stepped forward a little confused. The prodding in his back was solid but it didn't really feel like a weapon. Not a real one at least.

In the center of the room Arroyo waited then failing to receive further instruction turned around. Citrine and half the party seem to be armed with Nerf toys.  "catch " said someone behind him and without being sure how it happened Arroyo found himself armed with a Nerf blaster as well. " lets get this game started shall we ?" said Citrine with a Grin on her face. Unexpected or not a game of Nerf tag seemed to be the touch that was missing from the party.

As the game ended Citrine came over to him.
"well I guess that means my team wins."
"I guess so"
"I got your gift you big softy" she said giving him a jab in the arm.
Arroyo chuckled. "I wondered what this was for."

Critine shook her head.

"Oh know this isn't my gift to you this is just pay back for acting like her were afraid to talk to me the other day. You gift is over there"

Arroyo looked in the corner and noted. There was a box about a meter tall with his name one it. It was only a about a third of a meter across but he hade a feeing what might be in it.  Opening it he saw a part of practice swords nice ones too. He hefted one and felt its weight and balance. He smiled.

"Thanks Citrine " he said smiling trying not to purr and failing.
She grinned. "Maybe next time you won't run out of the Dojo without sparing right Arroyo?"
"Right" he answered.
"Happy holidays Arroyo"
"Happy Holidays Citrine"
/**
* Author's comments:
* I wanted to do better but i have no Real info on you characters other then a few sketches i was able to find. i apologize if the attitudes don't quite match up with the characters you developed. even so i hope you enjoy this short story.
*/

-Inumo drew the following (clickable) gift for Basilisk:

/**
* Author's comments:
* Bas, hope you enjoy the art! Let me know if you want it uploaded anywhere other than deviatnART. Happy new year!
*/

WhiteFox is going to be late, but he should be posting his gift soon. I have yet to hear news from Basilisk and Arroyo. I hope they can both post theirs soon.

Kipiru

Thanks Corg, this is quite satisfactory- it made me smirk the whole way when reading it. I know you had next to nothing to work with so this caught me by surprise- great work, Thanks  :mowhappy

e_voyager

Kipru i am floored. i've never seen Erutan depicted so well. the storm seems to suite him well well. i'm impressed by the way you depicted the helmet and staff. he uses magic to disguise his clothes but those two are harder to deal with because of all the effort that was put into making them do what they can do they tend to disrupt illusion spells used to cover them.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

WhiteFox

Merlin, that's just... awesome. Seriously. Actually, "awesome" doesn't quite cover it. I might have to invent a new word.

Epictacular? That works.

The expression is priceless, and I love the flames. Thank you so much.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

WhiteFox

Quote from: Gabi on February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM
-This is not about creating a masterpiece...
I. Keep. Forgetting this.

Originally my gift was late because I started over a week before the deadline... and I got hit with far more family gatherings than I was expecting... and my tabletop RP group conscripted me for some marathon game sessions.

Late and unfinished as it is, Imma just post it now. So, without further ado, here's my take on Corgatha Taldorthar's Sssth'ra:

And the colour WIP. (The colour of the wings is not final... Purple is such a fastidious colour. The red squares on the collar were going to be cut rubies.)

When I drew it, I kinda had colouring in mind, so some areas look a little off. The collar looks really bland, for one. I was going to define the shape of the head/face/horns with shading, so that really doesn't come across right. The wings are too short, and a little mismatched, so I do apologize for that.

Aside from that, I really like how this one came out... comments appreciated.

Corgatha Taldorthar

It's very nice Whitefox. Kind of.... more muscular than I usually envision him. And the jewelry at the top of the wings is a *very* nice touch, I think I'm going to steal that bit for the notes. (If that's ok with you.) What really (perhaps stupidly) drew my attention was the ankh that he's holding. I keep waffling back and forth as to whether it fits the setting or not, and like. "Well, I never mentioned ankhs anywhere else as a symbol" to "But it is an Egyptian symbol for life, and he's supposed to have Pharaohnic tendencies and he *is* a life Wizard." Blah blah crazy writer :P It's given me stuff to think about though :D

Err, dumb question. What's that he got in his left hand? Some kind of ribbon?

To Kipriu: I can't promise any sort of schedule, but an unfinished story like that bothers me. If inspiration strikes, I'll probably wander on back and polish that one up.

And as a final aside, I'd like to join Whitefox in saying Merlin, your piece rocked :D

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 06, 2012, 11:59:14 AM
And the jewelry at the top of the wings is a *very* nice touch, I think I'm going to steal that bit for the notes. (If that's ok with you.)
By all means. I'm glad you like it.

I had an idea for putting some little chains on, maybe between the fingers of the wings or from the top of the wings to the horns, but I decided to go with something a little more conservative. :3

BTW: if I had finished the shading, the muscles would have been toned down a fair bit. I was going for more of a "lean but fit" build.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 06, 2012, 11:59:14 AMWhat really (perhaps stupidly) drew my attention was the ankh that he's holding.
I kinda dithered about the ankh too, but as I was flipping through Wikipedia entries on egyptian gods, practically everyone carried one. And they all held them exactly the same way, which fit perfectly with the pose I was going for. So, I just couldn't not put the ankh in there.

It might be just a little cliche but if anyone can pull it off, it's him. :3

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 06, 2012, 11:59:14 AMIt's given me stuff to think about though :D
*Train-pull* Woot! I have done my job. :3

Err, dumb question. What's that he got in his left hand? Some kind of ribbon?
Not dumb at all... in fact, I'm so very glad you asked. :3

That's an uraeus, symbol of sovereignty, royalty, and divinity. The Pharaoh wore one to symbolize the legitimacy of his rule, and it's typically associated with Wadjet, but Sobek wore one as patron of the army.

So, the story behind the pic is that Sssth'ra has been having a very bad day (thus all the red on his outfit), and some insolent serfs have actually managed to become enough of a nuisance that they warrant his personal attention. He's in the midst of deciding which way to go: to make a miraculous gesture of beneficent good will... hence the ankh... or to show them who's pharaoh and lay down the law with some good 'ol tyrranical dictator'n royal edicts... hence the uraeus.

All this started when I thought, "Gee, I need some ornamentation for this guy... hey, that snake-hat-thing I keep seeing, what's up with that?" Followed by a hour of surfing Wikipedia.

And as a final aside, I'd like to join Whitefox in saying Merlin, your piece rocked :D
I'd like to join Corg in joining me in saying, Merlin, your piece rocked. :3

I'd also like to give prop's to Inumo, for his progress with figure drawing.

Inumo

Anyone else up for another round? Gabi, if you'd like, I can take over the organization and facilitation duties for this particular round.

Gabi

If you want to do so, I wouldn't mind participating for once. But it looks like right now, the black list is bigger than the list of people who are interested in joining. :\

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry :( I know I'm one of the regulars, but I'd have to duck out in the near future. School and the RP eat up a lot of my energy, and the past few entries of mine were just bad........ the most recent in particular, I'm kind of burned out :(
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Kipiru

I'm up for another round as usual, so count me in if this gets rolling.  :mowhappy

e_voyager

Quote from: Gabi on February 27, 2012, 12:24:32 PM
If you want to do so, I wouldn't mind participating for once. But it looks like right now, the black list is bigger than the list of people who are interested in joining. :\

sorry i haven had a lot of time. if you mean the hall of shame i don't think i've ever seen it but i believe you. i know i always to to have a gift my commissioner would like but i don't have time top join this time around otherwise i would join you