[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Quote from: Corgatha's gifterWith Mr. Aldoraethar, is there anything about his standard attire that stands out?  Also, What would you say his overall background mood would be?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Corgatha Taldorthar

Aisha did a very good picture  of Kedered here.

As for his standard attire, he's from a medieval styled setting, and he *always* dresses expensively and to impress. That means a lot of silk, and probably in bright colors, tailored well. He doesn't usually reveal his 'cubi-ness, so most of his outfits have no space for wings.

As for his demeanor; I kind of based the character on Vito Corleone from the Godfather. He's a schemer, and generally cunning, calculating, and thinking of how he's going to rook you, but he'll mask it behind a facade of pleasant interest, or just a blank look.

Anything else I can help you with?

EDIT: Fixed link
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

e_voyager

for the sake of variety here are a few different options.

http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/avaters/?action=view&current=yapinfi.gif infinity yappy made by sliver fox for me.  is this e? or did this yappy get infinite lives form e or someone else? perhaps this is some on there way to a costume party or a very young child in a parents shirt? are they related to this person http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/yapforteani.gif

a head shot of E http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/avaters/?action=view&current=E300_avatar.jpg as drawn my Urso fofinhos  the actual picture he biased it on  is here http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/E_at_the_beach_001.png and this is him spinning some beats at the club

E by PBH http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/DMFA/?action=view&current=pbh_evoyager.gif story is on the page how did this e become this e is http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/?action=view&current=forumite122.jpg  is a possibility

commissioned from the talented sigil this is some of e's relatives obviously waiting on some one or some thing http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/?action=view&current=evoyagerfamilypic.png  and where was e during this who knows perhaps her was here http://s86.photobucket.com/albums/k89/e_voyager/E_V/?action=view&current=1251910431sigil_wonderlandfinal.jpg

you don't have to write about any of there scenarios but i thought i might give you a few things to chuckle at while you look at the pictures
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Quote from: Jairus's gifterDear Jairus would you like something drawn or written?
are you magic now?

Jairus

Um, either is good, whichever one you like.

As for the second question, not usually, but when it applies the best answer would be "sorcerous scientist," someone who fiddles with magic to figure it out better. Usually Jay's just plain vanilla, though.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gabi

Jairus

Quote from: Gabi on April 21, 2011, 07:25:57 PM
...Have you tasted him? ;)
Truth be told, he's probably more like rocky-road or something like that.

Inumo

Gabi

Quote from: Liatai's gifterHow is LiNeer one-eyed? Cyclopian style? One shut, one open? One scarred and unusable?

Quote from: Jairus's gifterDear Jairus do you have a few full body character pictures that i can use as references for my gift?

Who's boss?

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Gabi on April 22, 2011, 05:26:09 PM
Who's boss?

It's an idiom.
It basically means that his gifter must be 'awesome', 'in charge of things' and 'have things well in hand' (ie- under control).
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 22, 2011, 06:59:39 PM
Quote from: Gabi on April 22, 2011, 05:26:09 PM
Who's boss?

It's an idiom.
It basically means that his gifter must be 'awesome', 'in charge of things' and 'have things well in hand' (ie- under control).

Or like this. Link uncensored, and probably not safe for work. You have been warned. Darn if it ain't funny, though...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: Jairus's gifterDear Jairus do you have a few full body character pictures that i can use as references for my gift?

Sure, I've got a few. Fair warning: for brevity's sake, I'll just give some links to Fur Affinity, so maybe check this out at home rather than work or school.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5555783/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5550287/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2850390/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3476388/
And for some fun...
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4167396/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3765332/

How's all that?

Liatai

LiNeer was born without a right eye; basically, she has her left eye, and an empty socket on the right. Like this, but with just the right eye missing instead of both eyes.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 22, 2011, 07:26:02 PM
Or like this. Link uncensored, and probably not safe for work. You have been warned. Darn if it ain't funny, though...

Damn.
It ain't funny.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Gabi

Sienna's gifter would like to know what sort of technological and social setting her character is from, if there is one so defined.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Gabi on April 25, 2011, 03:11:02 PM
Sienna's gifter would like to know what sort of technological and social setting her character is from, if there is one so defined.

The nature of her backstory (not yet written) allows for full freedom in this. You may do whatever makes you happy or you think would be a fun challenge ^-^
my art thread

VAE

And after what, half a year (actually might be more)  i come to pay my debt. I think i have set a sad record.
http://www.furaffinity.net/full/5657391/ -  CCC round 13 - gift for Jairus.
Sorry folks!
Hope you find it funny.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Gabi

Better late than never. Sadly, Kipiru has the record. He still owes WhiteFox a gift from round 6.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Gabi on April 29, 2011, 10:20:32 AM
Better late than never. Sadly, Kipiru has the record. He still owes WhiteFox a gift from round 6.

Poor WhiteFox... I'd noticed that he was owed more than one even! D:
my art thread

e_voyager

Ouch that's a long time. and here i was thinking i would need more time for my gift since it's not comming along as i would like
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Yes, its sad. Short delays (a few days or even a week) are common, as life usually comes up with unexpected issues for people to deal with; but leaving someone waiting for so long is definitely not a good thing to do.

Quote from: Jairus's gifterWhat is jairus level of education BA, MA, Dr? as far as his official schooling is concerned. What university did he attend? is he a registered alumni?   How does he feel about public speaking?

Jairus

Um... never thought about that. I guess Jay's like me: Bachelor's degree in English Literature, no real interest in pursuing anything higher right now. As for public speaking, well, I'm a community theatre actor, so I'm comfortable with public speaking given a little prep time.

Gabi

Last question from Merlin's gifter:
Quote from: Merlin's gifterDo you play MineCraft?

Also, some people's posting patterns would make them terrible invisible friends. Not giving any names. ;)

Sienna Maiu - M T

my art thread

Merlin

Gabi

Sienna Maiu - M T

Haw, I thought you meant that you just couldn't tell us who :V

Well, only a few more days now ^-^ :P
my art thread

Gabi

OK, this is it for round 15. Here are the gifts!

-Merlin promptly made this gift for Basilisk.

-Inumo drew this gift for Liatai.

-Basilisk drew this gift for Corgatha Taldorthar.

-e_voyager made 2 gifts for Jairus! [Image] [Text]
/**
* Author's comments:
* I really would have liked at least another month top work on the picture but this is the best i could do for the time being.
**/

-Jairus made this gift for Merlin.
/**
* Author's comments:
* P-Oni, defender of the Grid!
So, yeah, Peony as a Tron program. My main idea for this was seeing her nifty markings and thinking "Hey, those could make cool Tron lines!" A lot of trial and error and guess-work later, and here we are. Apologies for the lack of coloring, but my PhotoShop won't work and I'm a bit limited on other options for coloring programs. Ah well: c'est la vie. Anyway, hope you like it!
PS: Yeah, sorry, that's the best I could figure out for a "code-like" name for her.
**/

Everyone else is officially late. Those who haven't sent me their gifts are invited to post them on this thread. Failure to do so will result in blacklisting. :3

Corgatha Taldorthar

Sorry, my project was a tad delayed. I actually ripped the entire story up and started from scratch about a week ago, but with finals, the revised piece was a throw-together at the last minute, built around a cheap gag. The original was *much* darker, about being hired as a bodyguard to a crime lord who essentially dragged Sienna through the mud simply by proximity; but on later review I didn't think that'd go over well. So I traded polish for a lighter tone, hope it's ok.

Office Politics

The library was dusty and drafty and smelled of old cheese; Sienna's nose and ears were perked up, alert for anything out of place, but in the gloom, nothing appeared more out of place than some discarded food wrappings that old Renard would be furious about if he could be bothered from his nap at the front  desk.

She picked up a copy of Reason and Unreason off the low desk; it was heavier than it looked, especially around the edges, as her mind drifted again to her hiring. Odd, odd, that a bookworm mage, puttering around in Thoranian Tower, would need a minder. The seers were hardly noted for the sort of blood feuds that some institutions with darker reputations possessed. Still, Sienna took her duties to Thurgo seriously, and given that he was due in the library in a half an hour, she portaled herself in and inspected the space he was preparing to use for traps or unpleasant surprises.

Nothing; of course, except the dust,and that itself could hardly be considered a "surprise". Her employer had a method of dealing with it magically in any event, she had seen the motes glisten and sparkle off a faint emerald corona that he surrounded himself with, dissipating harmlessly away from his form. No, the assignment had been dull, simple, boring, with Thurgo cheerfully deflecting all inquiries as to why he thought he needed  a bodyguard, and Sienna Maiu mostly running grunt errands, moving parcels back and forth among his colleagues. In a moment of candor, she would admit to mostly running these inspections so she could justify to herself her 45 silver piece a week fee.

So the minutes passed quietly, and Sienna fought down the itch to sneeze. Precisely on time, an actinic flash limned near one of the chairs, and Thurgo materialized directly above the seat, wasting no time drawing out some sort of wooden board and books from some arcane place. Curious; Thurgo always seemed to know where the furniture in a room was before he teleported himself inside, and even when she moved accoutrements about, he always appeared next to whatever he was going to use first. But his process was so loud, for lack of a better word. He was forever casting off arcane detritus, and Sienna was currently shaking off the effects of the discharge, not unlike a nasty electrical shock.  Not at all like the quiet elegance of her portals; for all of his fancy magical training.

With little better to do, she observed her charge. Middle aged, canine, streaks of gray around his  ears; slightly flabby though slightly built. Uncharacteristically, he was making little verbal starts and stops, and seemed to wear an expression of wry resignation. As always, if he noted her presence, he gave no indication of it.

Perhaps ten minutes later, he let out a sigh, and rolled up a scroll of parchment. "Sienna, could you do me a favor and run this to Soeme?" holding out the material behind his back and in her general direction. Wordlessly, she accepted the document, which made it the fifth she had sent to this Soeme this week. She had never met the man, but understood he was one of the more prominent arch-magi in the tower.  A moment of concentration brought her to the outside of his office, and she knocked twice on the aged oak.

In response, the door swung inward, propelled by an invisible hand. A thin, reedy voice bade her to "enter", and tail lashing, Sienna stepped forth.  Usually, by this point she had been stopped by Soeme's apprentice and erstwhile secretary, whose name she had never quite been able to remember, but the aging arch-mage in saffron robes smiled warmly as she crossed the threshold. Without a word the parchment flew from her fingertips, taking up an orbit around the wizard's head. He smiled  indulgently,  as incandescent green bolts struck and suffused the writing medium. "There there, all finished now. You can return it to your..... employer now."

What an ass. I suppose the ego does grow with the magical power. Still, best be back to the little lost lamb. Silently, she scooped up the sheepskin, and with a second's concentration brought herself back to the library. It took a minute to locate the proper table, and Thurgo's face turned ashen when she slid the document in front of him. He took it, pausing for a minute, before unrolling the parchment and nodding glumly.

A scent of ozone and sulfur permeated the room, and directly behind Thurgo, a smoky outline took form. Twelve feet tall if an inch, jet black, bat-like wings spreading throughout the shelves, and two red pinpricks for eyes that held a promise of malice.

Sienna grasped her short sword-breaker while interposing herself between her employer and the apparition, which was growing slowly more solid. "Boss, there's something behind you, I think we should do something about it."

Nonchalantly, Thurgo stood up, moved next to Sienna, and sighed wistfully. "You can put the blade away. That's a Gehenna, outsider-folk, extraordinarily powerful. It could probably rip through this tower and everyone in it before it finds its target. It should be here fully in another 30 seconds or so."

How can he be so calm about it!? Without another instant wasted, she stepped to the side, clutching Thurgo's robe by the shoulder and dropping a portal beneath their feet, the destination a small island she had visited once as a child, a picturesque like place called Sandolini. There was nobody about, and the surf gently crashed against the shore as birds called to each other overhead. Sienna was just about to report that they were safe for the moment when Thurgo threw back his head and laughed.

Sienna's mood went from puzzled to rapidly annoyed in the scant moments it took Thurgo to get his mirth under control. "You really are dedicated, aren't you? That's just Soeme's little vanity; an illusion of a tame demon sent to gloat. He's a damnably good chess-player. But come, we should be back home."

He raised his arms, and Sienna felt a headache ricket through her head as he brought them back to the tower, to his private quarters, if the smelly laundry left strewn about the floor was any indication. He gave a wolfish smile, and a moment's concentration brought a small parcel into his hands. " But you did very well today. I was monitoring Soeme's segment when you took your little trip, and not a ward or sense out of place. Your portals simply are marvelous. There's a few sticks of butter and a spreader in the package. I think it's well time that he got a little payback for rubbing it in how often he wins, don't you?"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Merlin

Quote from: Gabi on May 07, 2011, 10:25:23 AM
OK, this is it for round 15. Here are the gifts!
-Jairus made this gift for Merlin.
/**
* Author's comments:
* P-Oni, defender of the Grid!
So, yeah, Peony as a Tron program. My main idea for this was seeing her nifty markings and thinking "Hey, those could make cool Tron lines!" A lot of trial and error and guess-work later, and here we are. Apologies for the lack of coloring, but my PhotoShop won't work and I'm a bit limited on other options for coloring programs. Ah well: c'est la vie. Anyway, hope you like it!
PS: Yeah, sorry, that's the best I could figure out for a "code-like" name for her.
**/

Aaah, I love it! What a great idea! I... may actually need to use this in a future comic, because that's just awesome :3