Taken (2009): best action movie since borne Identity

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 01, 2009, 01:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GabrielsThoughts

this movie is awesome, I was blown away, and the few inconsistancies of the plot could definitely be overlooked. Taken is the story of a former CIA operative, whose daughter is kidnapped by Armenian  slave traders in France. Big daddy Liam Neilson then goes on a killing spree eliminating all of the kidnappers and slave traders in the organization until he gets to his daughter ...awesomest car chase ever

the movie also included a preview of CRANK 2 which looks like it is going to be both a sequel and parody of the first one. Also there was a preview of Miss March, which looks like it might be fun for at least one viewing.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Kipiru

Taken is brutal and raw in every way- really fun to watch. This movie is the answer to all those Hollywood stereotypical scenes where the good guy ends up NOT killing the bad guy because of some higher moral- here the dude just doesn't give them a chance to even speak! No higher morals here- just a man willing to do anything to get his daughter back, but not in the whole Steven Seagal phony way! A must watch!

Vidar

I managed to see it recently.
Finally an action movie I can enjoy. Good plot, and good action scenes that don't bend the laws of physics too far out of proportion compared to most of hollywood these days.
A minimal use of computer-effects, matrix-style 'bullet-time', and a neer complete lack of the ever-popular one-liners helped tremendously.
The protagonist also manages to be a complete and total bad-ass without being a stereo-typical "Steroid-fueled killing-machine with an austrian accent or equivalent testosterone anachronism".
All-in-all a movie with high entertainment value and a minimum of annoyances.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Sofox

Hmmm, everything I heard about the film when it was released a few months ago indicated it wasn't the best.
I dunno then, maybe when it comes on Sky Movies.

Beever

Quote from: Sofox on February 02, 2009, 04:37:31 PM
Hmmm, everything I heard about the film when it was released a few months ago indicated it wasn't the best.
I dunno then, maybe when it comes on Sky Movies.

Don't pay attention to reviews- the movie is cool in a dark realistic way.It portrays a disturbing reality in Eastern Europe (where I happen to live) in a very non-Hollywood way. The message is very relevant to the modern parent-child relationship.