02/06/09 [Abel 2 #43] - The Tour

Started by Jairus, February 05, 2009, 11:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Jairus on February 08, 2009, 07:38:59 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 08, 2009, 07:38:18 PM
This thread lacks fabulous.
Janus, can you deliver the goods?

I'm here, so haven't I already succeeded?  :giggle

(...I can't believe I went through with that joke.  :U)
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Howl

In an attempt to get closer to the topic, I have a question. Are there any dhampyr (half vampire) in the DMFA-verse at Dan's time? On that note, is a cubi-dhampyr possible? (Considering the "it's a cubi or not" rule)

Jairus

Well, vampires are extinct on Furrae, so that would make a dhampir slightly more difficult to find. If only I could find that strip...

Howl

I know they're extinct. I suppose it would have been best to say 'Abel's time' rather than Dan. You know, since it was like 60 years before Dan's time. (Source: DMFA wiki)

Tyranastrasz

Quote from: Minishear on February 08, 2009, 09:30:55 PM
I know they're extinct. I suppose it would have been best to say 'Abel's time' rather than Dan. You know, since it was like 60 years before Dan's time. (Source: DMFA wiki)

Closer to 375, actually.

Turnsky

Quote from: Minishear on February 08, 2009, 09:20:08 PM
In an attempt to get closer to the topic, I have a question. Are there any dhampyr (half vampire) in the DMFA-verse at Dan's time? On that note, is a cubi-dhampyr possible? (Considering the "it's a cubi or not" rule)

there's prolly only one, but her name is Lady Sunset Autumn Honey Purity Sunflower Rainbow but she's only half vampire...

oh wait... wrong comic.. carry on.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 08, 2009, 04:32:16 PM
Quote from: Jairus on February 08, 2009, 04:08:41 PM
Though, to be fair, you could probably find Simeon's colors in nature.
Or Dan's.

At the risk of dragging this out, there was actually an earlier attempt:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/projectfuture/Simeon1a.png

With the possible exception of some (most? all?) fluorescent colors, most colors can be found somewhere in nature, even when keeping to the animal kingdom (leaving out plants and minerals). Though there's some that I've never yet seen on skin or fur, only feathers and/or scales, whether by pigment or iridescence (blues, greens and maybe purples).

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Joaquin Rodrigo - Aranjuez Concerto (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tyranastrasz on February 09, 2009, 01:25:36 AM
Quote from: Minishear on February 08, 2009, 09:30:55 PM
Closer to 375, actually.

He meant the vampire extinction event, not Abel's Story.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

thegayhare

Ohh Ohh Tape is to straight to be fabulous... Janus, Zedd I thinkit's time for a make over...  It's time for Queer Eye for the Furry Guy

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on February 09, 2009, 08:50:12 AM
Ohh Ohh Tape is to straight to be fabulous... Janus, Zedd I thinkit's time for a make over...  It's time for Queer Eye for the Furry Guy

If you must.  My current avatar was extracted from these:
http://www.project-future.org/strips/guest/   (not wholly safe for work)

Howl

But, I still want to know. At Abel's time, are there any dhampyr, and could a cubi-dhampyr exist?

Dagardo

Quote from: Minishear on February 09, 2009, 09:36:18 AM
But, I still want to know. At Abel's time, are there any dhampyr, and could a cubi-dhampyr exist?
You're too impatient, you need to work on that. But look at it this way if their extinction happened 60 years prior to Dan being born then there were vampires at the time Abel was still 20, well logic would dictate such anyway. And to your dhampyr question, it's possible but not exactly likely seeing as how vampires burst into flames when hit by sunlight.

Noone

I don't think so.

Howl

But Vampires aren't quite undead, are they?

Turnsky

Click for the answer

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Minishear on February 08, 2009, 09:20:08 PM

Er... Either you're a Cubi, or you're not.

So... either you're a Cubi vampire... or you're not. I'd suggest not, since Amber seems more inclined to play with other games.

As for Dan's time? No. No vampires left in Dan's time, at all. Abel's time? I'd say not. Either you're a vampire, or you're not, I'd say.

... and see Turnsky's response.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I'd say there are two main options:
1. Vampires are unable to reproduce by normal means, like Undead, in which case the answer is no
2. If you can have a child with a vampire, the vampire traits would end as soon as the kid hit 'Cuberty.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Alteisentier

Thread fixed.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 09, 2009, 11:01:46 AM
I'd say there are two main options:
1. Vampires are unable to reproduce by normal means, like Undead, in which case the answer is no
2. If you can have a child with a vampire, the vampire traits would end as soon as the kid hit 'Cuberty.

the first negates the Last, and a Cubi would have the stronger genetic structure at work, which would effectively override the weaker 'genetics' of a vampire. Vampires, to be blunt are parasites, Dhampir, truth be told are seriously just /lame/, i don't really care for the folklore at work, these days it screams one thing, and one thing only: Mary Sue.

Howl

Anything can be managed right. Although the creator's skill and what the character is are relative.

Turnsky

Quote from: Minishear on February 10, 2009, 12:04:14 AM
Anything can be managed right. Although the creator's skill and what the character is are relative.

riiiiiiiight.

y'know, most folks would have the sense to drop this subject right now, in the face of evidence that they don't exist, and yet you're almost hoping that it would not be the case.

Amber said vampires weren't on furrae in the comic itself (actually fluffy did), and truth be told, that should be the end of that.

Just let it go, man, just... let it go. Vampires stopped being cool a long time ago.

Howl

Fine...

I hope Mink ends up as Abel's roommate.

Jairus

Quote from: Minishear on February 10, 2009, 12:35:10 AM
Fine...

Thus making Mink the first roommate Abel drives to insanity.

In that regard... I hope Mink doesn't end up Abel's roommate. That Cubi's too cheerful and optimistic.

Lego3400

Purple and yellow happened to be my highschool colors thank you very much.

Jairus

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 10, 2009, 12:39:39 AM
Purple and yellow happened to be my highschool colors thank you very much.
Mine was blue and gold. And really, when it comes to sports team colors, I don't really care all that much.

As it is, I'm saying that that outfit did not work on Simeon.

Howl

Quote from: Jairus on February 10, 2009, 12:38:24 AM
Quote from: Minishear on February 10, 2009, 12:35:10 AM
Fine...

Thus making Mink the first roommate Abel drives to insanity.

In that regard... I hope Mink doesn't end up Abel's roommate. That Cubi's too cheerful and optimistic.

Or he'll get reassigned to be someone else's roommate, and Abel will drive someone else insane.

AmigaDragon

I think Abel has to somewhat recover from the shock of the last couple days and develop the beginnings of attitude before he can drive anyone insane. This and this are different Abels... or vastly different stages of his personality's (and reputation's?) development over 300+ years.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Carl Friedrich Abel - Symphony No. 4 (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
(this composer's piece just coincidentally happened to be playing as I posted)