Sofox

Lysander

And for a list of the recipes in case you didn't already want the book:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Redwall_Cookbook
TytajLucheek

bill

I am buying that book so much

Rakala

... Okay, that didn't seem to make much sense.

Anyways, I took one of the recipes, hotroot soup to be specific, and it turned out quite well even though I had to estimate a few of the measurements since they don't have friendly conversions for *pawfuls* so I ended up putting in a little to much. I also didn't have a net handy to measure the amount of shrimp I was supposed to use. Made it a little difficult.

Jairus

Quote from: Rakala on January 25, 2009, 03:11:01 AM
... Okay, that didn't seem to make much sense.

Anyways, I took one of the recipes, hotroot soup to be specific, and it turned out quite well even though I had to estimate a few of the measurements since they don't have friendly conversions for *pawfuls* so I ended up putting in a little to much. I also didn't have a net handy to measure the amount of shrimp I was supposed to use. Made it a little difficult.
Too much hotroot?

Listen my friend, if there's one thing I learned about hotroot soup, it's that you can never have enough hotroot soup!
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Rakala

Oh no, it turned out quite well, just weird. I guess that what comes of making a food in a fantasy series.

Jairus

Quote from: Rakala on January 25, 2009, 03:44:58 AM
Oh no, it turned out quite well, just weird. I guess that what comes of making a food in a fantasy series.
That's why I use real world recipes when I write... or never mention ingredients or directions. Do people really need to know how to cook pancakes or chili? Unless it's something like the "Secret Ingredient Soup" from Kung Fu Panda.

Wait... the spellcheck program doesn't know "Kung Fu?" Weird.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I liked that particular secret ingredient (he says, carefully phrasing it soas not to supply spoilers)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears