[Art] King of Hearts: King's art topic [NSFW] (8/20/07)

Started by King Of Hearts, July 13, 2006, 06:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who's the bestest mod ever?

BILL!!! (awesome)
3 (8.8%)
llearch (stupied)
6 (17.6%)
RJ (australian)
7 (20.6%)
Damaris (onoes)
0 (0%)
Amber (lol)
11 (32.4%)
Darkmoon (noob)
1 (2.9%)
Zina (???)
6 (17.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Kenji

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 11, 2007, 01:31:31 PM
Oh, sorry, Zedd. Should I stop? ;-]

Nonsense. You have to let em know who's boss.

Tapewolf

I can't really make out the strips on this monitor, but the others are superb.  I think my favourite of this set is the motorcycle wolf, but the colour ones are well-drawn and well-coloured.

Returning to the motorcycle, there is one slight flaw with the picture - I don't want to think what's going to happen to his tail.  Indeed, it brings back a memory of having seriously burned myself on my Dad's moped when I was about six  :U
There was a very nice piece I saw on DA a while ago where they had a novel solution to that problem - strapping it to their leg.

I'll have to see if I can find it...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

What of the young warrior slayer for hire?

Kenji

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 11, 2007, 01:36:37 PM
Returning to the motorcycle, there is one slight flaw with the picture - I don't want to think what's going to happen to his tail.  Indeed, it brings back a memory of having seriously burned myself on my Dad's moped when I was about six  :U
There was a very nice piece I saw on DA a while ago where they had a novel solution to that problem - strapping it to their leg.

I'll have to see if I can find it...

Well, a good solution to that could be having something similar to what dirtbikes have. How there's that long guard going over the back tire? Have a wide version of those with sides that fold up to keep the tail safe and still let it flow in the wind.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kenji on June 11, 2007, 01:39:34 PM
Well, a good solution to that could be having something similar to what dirtbikes have. How there's that long guard going over the back tire? Have a wide version of those with sides that fold up to keep the tail safe and still let it flow in the wind.

That might work.  Anyway, here's the one I was thinking of: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/27530113/
...although how comfortable it would be for a long journey is debatable.

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Kenji on June 11, 2007, 11:39:13 AM
Wait, how come you didn't put the young Zedd on FA? Or did I just completely miss it?

Im rather unsatisfied of that piece... but maybe I'll put it up after I finish the picture that I'll be using the design for.

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 12, 2007, 02:08:53 AM
Wait, how come you didn't put the young Zedd on FA? Or did I just completely miss it?

Im rather unsatisfied of that piece... but maybe I'll put it up after I finish the picture that I'll be using the design for.

Psh. Artists. :P

Nikki

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 12, 2007, 02:08:53 AM

i know how you feel  :<

i think all my own work is crap now...compared to my seductress...oh, and your stuff =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

King Of Hearts

As always, click the FA link for better quality.

Zedd, in his younger years making the mistake of agitating Aniz... I like Sepia... it looks classy.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616734/

You believe me... Right?

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616737/

Death blinked.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616752/

A gay fox character, Ive been building up... he needs more ghey.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616698/

I decided to start a DMFA fancomic. I suppose you know which character I decided to put my take on. I didnt put any speech bubbles since my writing is bad, I just put the dialgue on the Comment page on their respective FA pages. No solid idea on the title yet... "a moment of forever" or something like that.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616743/

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616749/

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/616750/

llearch n'n'daCorna

The only comment I'll make about the gay pic is... why do people feel the need to make gay characters -so- over the top? :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

King Of Hearts

For me its... well, I havent done a character like this before, for practice I suppose.

He looks more effeminate than Gay to me, it annoying.

Gareeku

Awesome art as usual, King.

And I know what you mean, Llearch. Gay characters either seems to be super camp or super cute. I wonder if there are actually any gay characters out there who aren't.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well, there's also the -other- end of the scale - the ones who are into logging and the like, wandering around in heavy leather gear with big boots on, etc...

I'm not trying to criticise here, KoH. The -art- is excellent. It's the subject matter I'm pondering, more than anything, I suppose.

FWIW, I have a workmate here who happens to be in a long-term same-gender relationship. In fact, I got him hired here. Lovely guy. Only slightly camp, and he's camper than many I've met who have turned out to be gay. *shrug* And yet there's the stereotype out there. :-/

The only question is, then.. what do you do about it? Any ideas? I'm fresh out.

Amber Williams

Aniz should not be trusted with pointy objects! D:

I wish I could come up with new and creative ways to express my awe and admiration of your artsings.  :<

King Of Hearts

Oh, thanks for the kind words, Miss Amber.

Oh no, its quite alright, llearch, comments are always welcome..

I suppose I am espousing something similar... I want to create a quintissensial "gay" character that doesnt fit the gay stereotype. But I suppose that is contradictory in itself. I feel annoyed that this is how he turned out, so close to one end of the spectrum.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Gareeku on June 21, 2007, 08:17:40 AM
Awesome art as usual, King.

And I know what you mean, Llearch. Gay characters either seems to be super camp or super cute. I wonder if there are actually any gay characters out there who aren't.

Hi.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agencyâ„¢. And possibly spy cameras.

Gareeku

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on June 21, 2007, 08:39:16 AM
Quote from: Gareeku on June 21, 2007, 08:17:40 AM

Hi.

So how's your dress collection going? :3

Tapewolf

The Zedd-Aniz picture is absolutely awesome.  You've done a remarkable job of capturing Aniz' likeness, and Amber's style in general.  I'm afraid I must concur about the gay fox, though.

The comic is well-drawn although it doesn't make much sense yet.  I'm assuming that's intentional :P
And as you say, it could do with captioning - do you not have the software to do that?

Zedd

I guess thats what they ment respect your elders....*weak chuckle*

King Of Hearts

I tried using photoshop for speech bubbles... but i cant make it work as well as I'd like, especially in latter pages where it becomes a bit text heavy.

The first two pages are supposed to be a flashback, with Melo being the kid in page 2. Lina was supposed to have a "*" thought bubble on page 3.

The original plan was only 18 pages long, but Im trying to decompress the story... right now its some 21 pages.

Regent [The fox] is definitely getting a redesign... any suggestions?

Kenji

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 22, 2007, 02:04:11 AM

Lose the do and/or earring?

Tezkat

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 22, 2007, 02:04:11 AM

I find his lines way too effeminate for a guy, even a flaming queen. You've accentuated the slim shoulders and smooth pear shape, which gives him rather feminine hips and legs. I think you could give him a more boyish physique without compromising the ghey. >:]

Oh yeah... and the Aniz x Zedd pic contains much awesome. :3
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kenji

I vote RJ. Cause she took me on a nice walk.

Even if it did end in Shoonan-ai.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

And I will not mess with peoples dads again etheir :U

Kenji

Quote from: Zedd on June 22, 2007, 09:57:30 PM
And I will not mess with peoples dads again etheir :U

Savin it for the moms, eh? Blasted MILFers.