is it me or is VG cats getting more violent

Started by GabrielsThoughts, January 10, 2009, 02:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

I've got a half moon scar on my belly from when I was stabbed with a bike...

I was riding my bike in georgia and one of the neighbor kids threw a rock.  It hit the chain and knocked it off and I lost control of my bike and crashed.  and I realised that one end of the handle bars was sticking in my belly (I'd taken the rubber grips off because I thought they looks like realy cool pretend lightsabers)  It wasn't bad barely bled and didn't need stitches or anything.

Another time I wanted to see what was in side a tenis ball so I was cutting it open and my hand slipped, slicing my left thumb to the bone.  I had just been given this brand new swiss army knife and I knew they'd take it away for this so I whshed my hand in the sink, wrapped the thumb in as many band aids as I could find and walked around for half an hour with my hand behind my back so mom wouldn't see.  In the end I needed 4 stiches.. Which I thought was cool cause I could slide the knots back and forth when I was board and gross people out 

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on January 13, 2009, 02:04:01 PMAs for Captain Planet and the Ninja Turtles... I loved those comics, because I really did not like those shows.

Uh, oh.  Should I tell him, or do you want to?

As for me (is it me, or is this thread getting more violent), I'm a member of the Zipper Club (though I was 2 at the time, so it wasn't that traumatic--unless you want to count the brain damage I suffered as a complication of surgery)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sofox

Quote from: superluser on January 13, 2009, 04:12:22 PM
Quote from: Jairus on January 13, 2009, 02:04:01 PMAs for Captain Planet and the Ninja Turtles... I loved those comics, because I really did not like those shows.

Uh, oh.  Should I tell him, or do you want to?

Why? Sounds like a good TV premise. And they were with the Power Rangers at one point.

Alondro

I managed to nearly cut my thumb off while skipping stones.  I grabbed a piece of coke (partly burned coal) and it shattered in my hand, with one of the razor-sharp fragments sliding down my finger and slicing it so fast I didn't feel a thing.  In fact, it managed to sever the nerves for sensation so I could even pick all the pieces of coal out of it and douse it in alcohol.

I treated it myself and got to see how the different layers of tissue came back together over the next two weeks!  The dermal tissue formed into the scar.  I could watch how it was differentiating. 

It was for SCIENCE!!!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sofox

I know what you mean Alondro. It's like, when things go wrong, that's when you learn the most about them.

Dannysaysnoo

Quote from: Alondro on January 13, 2009, 09:40:37 PM
I managed to nearly cut my thumb off while skipping stones.  I grabbed a piece of coke (partly burned coal) and it shattered in my hand, with one of the razor-sharp fragments sliding down my finger and slicing it so fast I didn't feel a thing.  In fact, it managed to sever the nerves for sensation so I could even pick all the pieces of coal out of it and douse it in alcohol.

I treated it myself and got to see how the different layers of tissue came back together over the next two weeks!  The dermal tissue formed into the scar.  I could watch how it was differentiating. 

It was for SCIENCE!!!   :boogie

did you take pictures? Tell me you took pictures...

Omega

Seems like we a have two topics in here: A) VG-Cats and how it has turned a bit more violent lately. B) Injuries! bloody, bloody injuries...

To A: Yes, I've noticed how there seems to be a lot more blood and rest of that sad-in-reality stuff floating around. Seems as if the comic is trying to provoke some people to send angry e-mails to the authors or something. Not sure why, thought. Maybe they realized that humor mixed with dead babies and rest of that stuff is the way to go.

I don't judge, but I don't approve either. I admit that it's funny, but quite tasteless at the same time. Though, bear in mind that some of the best story tellers have been shocking at their time (e.g. Monty Python crew and Shakespeare).

B) Most of the worst injuries that I've had have happened to me when I was less that three, so no real memories of them either. Apparently I got a scar onto my face when I fought some other kid in the kindergarden and a small hole into my skull when I fall and hit my head to a Lego. Guess the tough childhood gave me a thick skin or something or I learned to watch out for accidents.

Angel

Quote from: Omega on January 14, 2009, 04:28:46 PM
To A: Yes, I've noticed how there seems to be a lot more blood and rest of that sad-in-reality stuff floating around. Seems as if the comic is trying to provoke some people to send angry e-mails to the authors or something. Not sure why, thought. Maybe they realized that humor mixed with dead babies and rest of that stuff is the way to go.

I don't judge, but I don't approve either. I admit that it's funny, but quite tasteless at the same time. Though, bear in mind that some of the best story tellers have been shocking at their time (e.g. Monty Python crew and Shakespeare).

Hm. It seems like Scott Ramsoomair is really busy lately or something. I can only guess that real life got in the way of the comic because of the holidays and other stuff. Also, because of what he said about the comic:

QuoteI like how it turned out though even if it's not funny. I mean it's not like it has to be to funny to be enjoyable. On that note, enjoy!

He knows that a lot of people won't find it funny. I'm guessing it was fun to draw the comic, though.  It looks like he had a blast drawing it.  :giggle
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!