Overlord aka Evil Pikmin

Started by Rakala, January 02, 2009, 10:31:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakala

I had only recently heard of this game, and expecting it to be terrible I played it. It was pretty fun. Like I say in the title, it's pretty much evil Pikmin except a much better game engine. The game starts with you in a coffin. Several goblins lift the lid off of it, shove you into a suit of armor and declare you the new overlord of the land. They tell you the previous Overlord was killed by the 7 heroes (each emulating one of the deadly sins). Everything in the world is corrupted which gives you some competition. You have to fight gluttonoues halflings, rabid unicorns, and zombies following another's will. You gain several different goblin tribes as you go.

It is for the PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 and they're soon going to release a version for the Wii. So all gamers should have a chance to play it. It was made in 2007 and wasn't big enough to compete with the major games that were released then. This means the price should also be down a little making it a simple buy.

Suwako

It's a Dutch production and has sold well in the part of Europe it was released ( I think it was released in Britain as well. )

Rakala

Really? Well in America there was really nothing said about it. Unfortunate.