Furrae Chronicles: Webs of Destiny (OOC) [M] {2} - Closed

Started by Gareeku, July 12, 2006, 01:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on April 10, 2007, 01:49:23 AM
Speaking of which... I am curious as to how long it will be before Arc discovers that someone is trying to claim his bounty and tries to cap me. I am actually looking forward to it... >:]

Heh.  Did you mean Stygian is after a bounty on Arc himself, or one of the ones he's chasing?

I've written a whole heap of material for a fight between Arc and Jakob but since it shows no sign of happening, I'm thinking of creating another bounty hunter and re-using it in CJP.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Quote from: Stygian on April 10, 2007, 01:49:23 AM
Quote from: Sheridan on April 10, 2007, 01:28:57 AM
Quote from: Gareeku on April 09, 2007, 09:22:27 AM
Of course I know that being asked questions in part of being a GM. What I didn't know was that every teeny tiny little tidbit and detail would be under investigation.

You underestimate the curiousity of your players. :B

Speaking of which... I am curious as to how long it will be before Arc discovers that someone is trying to claim his bounty and tries to cap me. I am actually looking forward to it... >:]

I was in the process of making a post before it lolvanished on me. I can only assume that I either didn't get around to hitting the post button and closed Firefox, or got distracted and changed the window, thereby losing my post. Or it just got ninjabaleeted. :P

EDIT: I wouldn't be surprised if the paranoid men of the world had put a bounty on Arc. He's a dangerous man. >:3

Stygian

Hum. That sounds good. Really. That way I can get to pursue two bounties, not to mention perhaps go after Aisha's head too. I know you read my hint, sweets... >:D And jakob! Yes, there's someone to go after too, if only to end his paranoia...

So, it looks like it's all going to be one great bloody mixup. Can't wait...

Aisha deCabre

One heck of a mixup indeed.   :erk

...Aisha's got something on her head?  A little doubtful, as she's been trying to be very secretive.  But then again, one never knows.   :U

Edit:  *headfwap*  She gave her last name.  Oh, that's perfect.  x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Arcalane

Quote from: Stygian on April 10, 2007, 03:48:58 PM
Hum. That sounds good. Really. That way I can get to pursue two bounties, not to mention perhaps go after Aisha's head too. I know you read my hint, sweets... >:D And jakob! Yes, there's someone to go after too, if only to end his paranoia...

So, it looks like it's all going to be one great bloody mixup. Can't wait...

Oh, and by the way... like Yoda says, "Do or Do Not. There is no Try." :>

EDIT: Do I always have to save your asses?  :rolleyes

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on April 10, 2007, 05:19:54 PM

Technically it's Gareeku's ass on the line, not ours  >:3

In Jakob's view, Arc might be handy for persuading the Oracles to talk, but if he suddenly gets dragged off somewhere else before he's had a chance to talk to them he's going to be in a foul mood.  As for the actual ass-saving, I'm not sure how you're going to play that out given that it's a two-seater.

One option for transferring the entire party - although I can imagine the argument between them - might be to have Jakob go with Arc to the destination and then, once he has the mental coordinates for where he's got to go, warp the others there.

QuoteAs tempting as it is to have a pilot called Jock who has been magically merged with the helicopter (which, I might add, is black), I can't help but feel that would be breaking the Fourth Wall somehow.)
..but I must say, kudos for that.

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2007, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: Sheridan on April 10, 2007, 05:19:54 PM

Technically it's Gareeku's ass on the line, not ours  >:3

It's still someone's ass.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2007, 06:25:06 PM
QuoteAs tempting as it is to have a pilot called Jock who has been magically merged with the helicopter (which, I might add, is black), I can't help but feel that would be breaking the Fourth Wall somehow.)
..but I must say, kudos for that.

I put that one in just for you. :>

Stygian

Does someone want a response post? I think someone wants a response post. Someone's going to get a response post.

This will be awesome!

Notice though that I cannot post until you say you're heading for us... :shifty

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on April 11, 2007, 06:42:18 PM

He seems to be making for the temple first...

Arcalane

Quote from: Stygian on April 11, 2007, 06:42:18 PM

Notice though that Arc has no idea of what's been going on in the Temple, he departed prior to the group's arrival (after they had discussed matters with his sister, Anya) and thus has no knowledge of the kidnapping, nor any of that night's events.

There's a thin line between what you know and what your character knows. Don't cross it.

He is a Merc. He has other business to attend to, even if he did kind-of agree to help. Cookies to anyone who can guess the inspiration for Art.

Gareeku

I know Furrae has modern technology and stuff, but something about bringing a helicopter to a phoenix temple makes me go 'ick'.

Gabi

Extremely busy week alert. I have projects to correct, a class to prepare, an exam to create/write, at least one set of notes to update and my programming job taking as much time as usual. If I can post in the RP thread within the next 7 days, it'll be something close to a miracle. Sorry.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

If you like Gabi I can take control of your character for you, or someone else if you prefer.

Gabi

Anyone who feels confident enough with his/her knowledge of my character is welcome to do so. When in doubt, ask me; I'll still be around.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gareeku

Sure thing Gabi ^^

Also Sheridan, after giving it some thought, I'm going have to ask that you edit your post. I'm pretty sure that gun-toting helicopters, secret or not, do not exist in Furrae, let alone a bounty hunter getting his hands on one.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gareeku on April 12, 2007, 12:19:46 PM
Also Sheridan, after giving it some thought, I'm going have to ask that you edit your post. I'm pretty sure that gun-toting helicopters, secret or not, do not exist in Furrae, let alone a bounty hunter getting his hands on one.

I've removed the reference from mine, I guess Aisha will have to do so as well.

Arcalane

Quote from: Gareeku on April 12, 2007, 12:19:46 PM
Sure thing Gabi ^^

I heavily toned down the armament in the first place. That thing usually packs 12 anti-tank missiles, rocket pods and a 30mm cannon. There's a reason I toned it down to 2 HMGs instead of all of that*. Also, I believe you may have misinterpreted my comments; the helo itself is not the secret part, the armaments are.

Look, Gareeku, I don't mean to put a damper on anything, but if you hadn't noticed, you're miles away from the rest of the group, and you'll be dead within 24 hours. Whilst the group have no transportation or any suitable way of getting down that cliff or finding and saving your fuzzy ass (which will be rather expired after those 24 hours) within 24 hours. The chances of finding you are slim at best, and if you kick the bucket, that rather puts a damper on the whole "Save your Parents" plan, unless a certain pair of kidnappers have a sudden bout of philanthropy and generosity, which I extremely doubt.

In other words, the terrain nor your captors favour your friends. I do not doubt for a minute that they actually intend to kill you and thus pretty much kill the entire RP off.

(*And yet I still get a PM comment asking why the armament wasn't heavier. What's up with that, seriously? I don't need 2 14.5mm 1000-1200RPM chainguns in Furrae. Overkill does exist, kids.)

As for acquisition of the `copter... why do you think Arc was away for so long? He has contacts, people he can talk to, things he can... acquire, through various channels. How else do you think he got his hands on the AR and handgun? Money is a powerful thing. Now he's no rich man, but that won't stop him from laying hands on things.

Mel Dragonkitty

QuoteI do not doubt for a minute that they actually intend to kill you and thus pretty much kill the entire RP off.

Or we could be using a little thing called plot and have this all planned out.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Arcalane

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on April 12, 2007, 12:49:36 PM
QuoteI do not doubt for a minute that they actually intend to kill you and thus pretty much kill the entire RP off.

Or we could be using a little thing called plot and have this all planned out.

Perhaps. Doesn't stop me from being paranoid. I've already stated my concerns on this front.

EDIT: Gareeku, I'm waiting on response to a PM I just sent you before making edits.

Gareeku

1) This has all been planned out. Gareeku is not going to get bumped off. You think this plot hasn't been planned or something?

2) As vague as they can be, the Phoenix Oracles can be more helpful in finding their location than you think. There are other methods for rescuing Gareeku than going in with a bloody helicopter.

My decision stands. Please remove the helicopter.

Tapewolf

How about a motorcycle?  Pal had one, and it would still allow for a passenger.

Gareeku

Very true. I'll allow a motorcycle. Because motorcycle only 2 people at best, i'll think of another method of transport for the group, unless people have ideas of their own.

Arcalane

Quote from: Gareeku on April 12, 2007, 02:26:48 PM
Very true. I'll allow a motorcycle. Because motorcycle only 2 people at best, i'll think of another method of transport for the group, unless people have ideas of their own.

Some kind of four-wheeled transport would be optimal in this situation, as the `cycle would either have to follow Tape's earlier method (in that the driver transports him there and then Jak ports the rest of the group there) or we send a small group of people who have useful skills in some kind of 4-wheeler (and/or have Jak port the others there once we arrive) such as an SUV or more suitable offroad vehicle.

And if anyone suggests a sports car, I'm going to shoot them. :B

Gareeku

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

If it's not going to happen, let me know so I can amend it to "he stared at the paper, but in vain." or something  :P

Gareeku

Arcalane

Can I get a quick headcount on all who's at the temple right now? I'm trying to pick out some suitable candidates in terms of vehicular transportation, since if we're going to be heading to another town we're going to want something that can carry the whole group. I'm mostly looking at military armoured personnel carriers right now, since I don't think people will be wanting to ride in the back of a beaten up old military truck, and as much as I'd love to say we could pull off a limo, I don't think the roads are in good enough condition.

I think an HMMWV (aka Hummvee) could probably fit the whole group if it was a cargo or ambulance role as it says it's capable of four 'litter' patients or eight 'ambulatory' patients, which is probably more than the group, but I doubt everyone wants to squeeze into the back of an SUV for the duration of the trip, which will probably have unpleasant roads and possibly more unpleasant people en route.

There's so many to choose from!  :aack

Gareeku

That sounds ok. Word of warning though, We're not going to be driving everywhere, so at point it might get destroyed. ^^;

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sheridan on April 12, 2007, 07:27:33 PM
I doubt everyone wants to squeeze into the back of an SUV for the duration of the trip, which will probably have unpleasant roads and possibly more unpleasant people en route.

:shapeshifters

...I'm sure Jakob, Blaze and Keaton can squeeze in.  After all, if Aary can turn into a miniature poodle...