10/22/08 [DMFA #945] - Love you no mater what.

Started by AndersW, October 22, 2008, 12:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagardo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 22, 2008, 04:43:04 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on October 22, 2008, 03:49:48 PM
Sure Demons like fighting and proving how strong they are, but that's just the way they are. You don't like the whole race because of this, so you are a racist, enough said... racist.

Oh, and you were doing so well up to that point.

No Personal Attacks.

Consider this a very pointed hint.

I'm tempted to act like a smart ass and say he is, which I guess I just did but I'm not gonna act up, although I do realize that I screwed up. But he also just confirmed it pretty much. And I'll just agree with Mowser's avatar and say yes I do.

Amber Williams

I think in general if I have to hear another person wank on about how they hate an entire race, I am going to just throw all their posts into the mine.  It's a conversation topic that annoys me and I dont feel like seeing it in my threads.

Shachza

:hug

huggles amber!  always remember the huggles!  (PS, more fan support here for you!)

Kria, you're such a naughty woman...  rowr!  And why hate the demon race anyways?  They're just misunderstood.
            <-- #1 that is!

Anri

Use the ton of bricks! Trust me, they're threaputic as well as harbingers of realization!  :shifty

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 22, 2008, 04:54:17 PM
I think in general if I have to hear another person wank on about how they hate an entire race, I am going to just throw all their posts into the mine.  It's a conversation topic that annoys me and I dont feel like seeing it in my threads.

particularly one that theoretically doesn't exist, it's like hating unicorns, leprechauns, and millionaire webcomic artists.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jack McSlay

Anyone else thinks Dan is getting a "Hot anime guy" syndrome? He's already had Jyrras, Matilda and apparently Regina having a crush on him and now Kria. That's enough for reaching OOT Link's level, just a little further to reach Ranma's level
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Noone

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 11:13:14 AM
QuoteWhat further interested me is that Shanna, a dragon, did not seem to be able to immediately tell, although perhaps that was due to his 'cubi-ness not sprouting out at that time. (I bring this up because of the whole, "Dragons would kill Dan on sight except Pyroduck)
Specifically they hate Dan's clan.  My guess is that unless she's about the same age as Dan, she probably knew what he was but not that he was a Cyra Clan incubus.  Either that, or she just didn't care about the conflict.
Well, Hanna thought Dan was an angel here, which makes me think that Shanna might not have known about it either, granted I would assume that dragons are a good deal more magically powerful than undead. And of course, if Shanna did notice (and care, as she was in a fight with Anna when Hanna made the remark about Dan being an angel), she would have had plenty of time to eviscerate him here. Of course, it's entirely plausable that being in the situation they were in, they had more things to be concerned about than suspect Dan of being an incubus. Either that, or amazons just work differently, it's not impossible I suppose. 

pyrohamster

to amber: just another 15 years and youll be married as long as my parents

Ghostwish

Quote from: Tikki on October 22, 2008, 05:19:10 PM
Use the ton of bricks! Trust me, they're threaputic as well as harbingers of realization!  :shifty

Bombs fall!
Everybody dies!
Death comes raining!
From the skies!

thegayhare

eep I feel like a dope.  I forgot to say happy anniversary Amber

*Hugs*

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 22, 2008, 03:25:35 PM

*sneaks out to buy a crate of Nascar hats and shirts while TGH isn't looking*

*wonders if he should mention the fact that he's been recently building up an imunity to the deadly nascar toxicity... since his mom's boyfreind is a major fan*

Naldru

Actually, Amber has stated on a few occasions that many races have both good and bad individuals:  including cubi and blue-volcano mythos.  And even "evil" characters like Kria have been shown to have good points.  Since the individuals in this universe don't seem to be bound by their race, it seems pointless to like or hate anyone because of their race.  We have seen good creatures and some bad beings.

The Redwall series, on the other hand, did seem to have the behavior of the characters controlled by their race.  The mice and squirrels were always good, while the rats, ferrets, and stoats were always bad.  In that series, it would be reasonable to be distrustful of somebody because of their race, but not in Amber's universe.

And that is part of the reason why I love DMFA.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: thegayhare on October 22, 2008, 08:18:00 PM

*sneaks out to buy a crate of Nascar hats and shirts while TGH isn't looking*

*wonders if he should mention the fact that he's been recently building up an imunity to the deadly nascar toxicity... since his mom's boyfreind is a major fan*
That's ok, I've been building up an immunity or at least tolerance to the deadly lutefisk toxicity, so I can keep some of that around in case the Nascar shield fails.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

PencilinHand

Did Kria and Lorenda go to a fur stylist or something? In the current strips, they both have fluffy tufts around their wrists while back in Disarray, Dischord, and Bubblegum the tufts were barely noticeable.

Hmmm...

If we go way back to the end of the what makes a comic great arch, neither Lorenda(#188) nor Kria(#193) seemed to have the tufts around their wrists.  Note that Kria has changed a lot since then as well.

Toward the end of the next arch was, I think, the first time they both (#229) had wrist tufts and for the next few hundred strips they seemed to vary in size and appearance even from comic(#323) to comic(#324) though they seemed to be smaller than they currently are. 

In #268 Lorenda has a rather similar hand pose to the latest comic(#945) for easy comparison.  I would say the tufts are currently about twice the size they were then, the way the ears and hair are drawn has also changed(she may also have gone up a bust size...).

Though in the latest comic Lorenda is very frustrated/angry and her appearance has been morphed very slightly because of this(the single errant hair on the top of her head, the pointy/slanted eyes, the ears and wrist tufts being extra spiky, the "blush" look, and the teeth...) in addition to the stylistic/character drift affects comparison.     

Somewhere a little before the middle of the spy spoof arch for Lorenda(#444) and the end of the same arch for Kria(#478) they seemed to have reach about the current level.  Why am I perpetually wanting to spell her name Kira....

So I don't think they are much different then they have been for the last five hundred or so comics.

superluser

I think this is clearly a sign that there Furrae is flooded with radiation and everything eventually mutates into some sort of monster.  We've got Earzilla, Boobzilla, and now Tuftzilla.

Which is at least better than Tuftezilla.  (Run!  He's destroying all the world's Powerpoint Slides!)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Rakala

I do greatly enjoy Kria. Everytime she appears she has great moments. My only question is what is she going to do with Dan now that she's looked more closely at him?

Lady Buggery

Oh man, I laughed out loud, literally. I feel bad for my future daughters, for this is a conversation I foresee in my future xD. You go Mrs Soulstealer xD.

Alondro

*Charline sighs*  Poor attractive bishie Dan.  He'll be hit on forever and never have a moments rest.  That's why Charles is lucky that he's hideous.   :3

*Charles*  :<

*Charline continues*  At any rate, it means he won't have much difficulty building up his clan numbers!   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ghostwish

Quote from: Alondro on October 23, 2008, 01:12:40 PM
*Charline continues*  At any rate, it means he won't have much difficulty building up his clan numbers!   ;)

Well then, at least Destania is going to be one happy grandcubi. :D

Lucheek

...and Kria only has one kid?

I'm finding that hard to beleive.

terrycloth

Quote from: Dagardo on October 22, 2008, 03:49:48 PMAliph might be evil but we've never really seen him act the part, 'cept for maybe for destroying Hannah. But if he wants to erase one of his past mistakes, that is something he wants to do, not something evil. And sure he's trying to revive the Dark God, but hes not done anything that would really count as being evil as far as we've seen...

Uh... what? He was planning to resurrect the dark god by sacrificing multiple innocents, specifically Mab and the queen. He was going to use their souls as spell components. That's pretty evil.

I mean, seriously, if kidnapping and murdering innocent people doesn't qualify as evil, what does?

Lego3400

Belated Happy annivesry to Amber.

Also, I never really noticed the "Tufts" until the latest arc. And I wonder why he needed a fae soul (They're different then normal (Less filling more taste?) back then...

AndersW

Quote from: Lucheek on October 23, 2008, 04:32:07 PM

They all likely ran away and/or died.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Lucheek on October 23, 2008, 04:32:07 PM

Well, to interject some dull, boring sanity, you could point out several reasons that Kria only has one kid. She simply might not be very fertile, especially after whatever it was she took in that flashback that she remembered when buying Lorenda some clothes. She also might not "finish" these unions. She was hitting on Jyras, but seems to have forgotten about him about 15 strips later, and Lorenda notices that's a fairly common occurance.

Lastly, remember how Amber didn't tell us the relation between DP and Kria in the Cast pages until quite recently. It's certainly possible that she's had other children who might or might not show up later.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tycoon

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 24, 2008, 10:24:56 AMLastly, remember how Amber didn't tell us the relation between DP and Kria in the Cast pages until quite recently. It's certainly possible that she's had other children who might or might not show up later.

Heck, Rose much?

Surprise children pop out of nowhere like change under a couch cushion.  :B

Jairus

Quote from: Tycoon on October 24, 2008, 05:07:46 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 24, 2008, 10:24:56 AMLastly, remember how Amber didn't tell us the relation between DP and Kria in the Cast pages until quite recently. It's certainly possible that she's had other children who might or might not show up later.

Heck, Rose much?

Surprise children pop out of nowhere like change under a couch cushion.  :B

Or when you're getting a soda.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tycoon

Quote from: Jairus on October 24, 2008, 05:10:34 PMOr when you're getting a soda.

On that note, how many bullets on that list have actually realized in the comic, so far? I'm pretty sure they all could be accounted for somehow...

PencilinHand

(1) Fanservice
(2) Gross generalizations
(3) Character death
(4) Baby
(5) Use of spirits in comics
(6) Character(s) being gay
(7) Gaming angle
(8) Introducing new characters
(9) Up the cute factor
(10) Shonen Ai

I think gross generalizations, gaming angle, baby and spirits haven't happened.
Though, some of the in-comic rants by Amber might count as generalizations, and there have been some passing references to games in the comic.

Corgatha Taldorthar

You know, this just occurred to me.......

I wonder if Kria has read Wildy's book, specifically around here
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: superluser on October 23, 2008, 04:53:24 AM
I think this is clearly a sign that there Furrae is flooded with radiation and everything eventually mutates into some sort of monster.  We've got Earzilla, Boobzilla, and now Tuftzilla.

And now we have the next generation of Earzilla. :mowmeep
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Lovely. Did you read the message about "this thread is idle, did you really want to post?"? Or the rules about necroing? Or the subtle hints we keep giving people?

A month and four days, AmigaDragon. Think carefully now - is that more or less than two weeks?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears