10/22/08 [DMFA #945] - Love you no mater what.

Started by AndersW, October 22, 2008, 12:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on October 22, 2008, 06:22:24 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 05:13:00 AMActually, I meant "whether she thought Abel was kind of hot as well".
Kria was much younger then.  It's easy to believe that her views on the topic have changed.

Or she's just more self-expressive about them...

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

Kria's expression in the last panel makes me hate her a bit less.

Anri

I'm just waiting for her to realize there's a warp aci there. Thaaat should signal the impending arrival of one (1) ton of bricks. ;3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tikki on October 22, 2008, 07:12:49 AM
I'm just waiting for her to realize there's a warp aci there. Thaaat should signal the impending arrival of one (1) ton of bricks. ;3
Dunno.  I don't think 'Cubi exactly have a lock on the things, if that's what you mean.  Though the clan mark would be a bit of a giveaway.  Even more so if she recognises it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

"Honey. Do you have the gay?"

I burst out laughing, seriously it's made me love Kria even more. Suppose even if your parentage is cretaure based you cna't get away from the sher embrassment they cause :D
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Alterationartist

Round 9!

thegayhare

Quote from: superluser on October 22, 2008, 02:03:47 AM
Quote from: Yugo on October 22, 2008, 01:34:59 AM"The gay" is probably the funniest way I've heard that stated.

Well, I just hope Kria's not going to find religion so that she can pray away the gay.

I don't know why people think prayer keeps me away...  It doesn't work the only sure way to keep the gay away is the same sort of talisman used to keep people from reading merlitz mind

Madmann135

"Incubus level hot" so ironic because he is an incubus.

I can imagine it now... Dan TKOed and finds himself tied up in bed (in Jyrras house none the less) as Lorenda walks in wearing very revealing cloths.  45 minutes later Jyrras finds Dan and Lorenda doing things only a couple should do.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

thegayhare

rt

More Aniversery Wishes going out to Amber and Mason

It seems Kira has too many good lines today, I choose 'all of the above' for my favourite  :)

Timothy

Happy anniversary.  :boogie

And I think Lorenda might have a secret crush on Dan.  :P
*If in trouble or in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout*

tiggertoo

Arggh, now I've got this horrible advertising jingle stuck in my head "Have you had the gay TODAY?!!" Just thought I'd share.

Kria as a demon mom would naturally be required to lay down epic levels of embarrassment and humiliation on her offspring -- nothing less would do. At least Lorenda can't claim that her Mom hates all her friends.  :)

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2008, 04:05:33 AM
Oh dear, oh dear.  I'm a little surprised she hasn't figured that he might be an incubus.  I now have to wonder what she thought about Abel back in the woods when she ran into him as an adult.

Actually, I've always been half wondering how apparant it is if someone is a 'cubi or not. In specific, I was always interested how Matilda in
comic 407 managed to figure out Dan's status without him doing anything or talking, and with the patch hiding his second set of wings. What further interested me is that Shanna, a dragon, did not seem to be able to immediately tell, although perhaps that was due to his 'cubi-ness not sprouting out at that time. (I bring this up because of the whole, "Dragons would kill Dan on sight except Pyroduck) And I'm thinking of other incidents too. Moira (Jyras's mother) refers to Dan as a creature, while Jyras refers to him as a being (Again, before it's obviously apparant that he's a cubi, before the headwings sprout.) So, I guess I'm wondering ,aside from the headwings, are there any traits that proclaim to anyone who knows what to look for "I am a 'cubi"?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 22, 2008, 10:51:10 AM
Actually, I've always been half wondering how apparant it is if someone is a 'cubi or not. In specific, I was always interested how Matilda in
comic 407 managed to figure out Dan's status without him doing anything or talking, and with the patch hiding his second set of wings.

I figure they have a particular aura or something that can be sensed magically.  Presumably it would also be possible to mask such a thing if you know what you're doing.

QuoteWhat further interested me is that Shanna, a dragon, did not seem to be able to immediately tell, although perhaps that was due to his 'cubi-ness not sprouting out at that time. (I bring this up because of the whole, "Dragons would kill Dan on sight except Pyroduck)
Specifically they hate Dan's clan.  My guess is that unless she's about the same age as Dan, she probably knew what he was but not that he was a Cyra Clan incubus.  Either that, or she just didn't care about the conflict.

QuoteAnd I'm thinking of other incidents too. Moira (Jyras's mother) refers to Dan as a creature, while Jyras refers to him as a being (Again, before it's obviously apparant that he's a cubi, before the headwings sprout.) So, I guess I'm wondering ,aside from the headwings, are there any traits that proclaim to anyone who knows what to look for "I am a 'cubi"?
He's got feathery wings, and that narrows it down quite a bit.  He's not avian so he's not a phoenix, and he doesn't look like a gryphon.  Offhand that leaves either Angel or 'Cubi ancestry.  My guess is that Moira figured he was something strange, but not exactly what.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Don

Not even sure what to think about this. Poor Dan keeps getting attention from creatures he'd rather just be friends or acquainted with. Wonder what Dan will say, as well as if he'll request Aliph not be resurrected.

Happy anniversary Amber and Mason, congratulations on two years.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Hmm, I don't know how the family dynamic works the other way, but it might present Dan with the ultimate lever over DP. "Stop trying to resurrect the Dark God or I'll date your sister!"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Slowtini

...That whole situation is just amazingly hilarious.
xD

Happy Aniversary, Amber!

Aleolus

>.>  Why do I get the feeling that homicide will be following shortly?  <.<  Plus, Dan!  This is the perfect opportunity!  Sneak away and disrupt the resurrection ceremony while these two are busy arguing!

**EDIT**  Also, nearly forgot!  Happy anniversary, Amber!  Here's hoping you'll have many many more to come!

Howl

That "Date your sister" remark was funny.

But yeah, I don't like Kria, it doesn't quite stem down to hate, but I don't like her. Expression in the last panel helps out disposition, but not by much.

AmigaDragon

Did Kria and Lorenda go to a fur stylist or something? In the current strips, they both have fluffy tufts around their wrists while back in Disarray, Dischord, and Bubblegum the tufts were barely noticeable.

Quote from: thegayhare on October 22, 2008, 08:46:43 AM
I don't know why people think prayer keeps me away...  It doesn't work the only sure way to keep the gay away is the same sort of talisman used to keep people from reading merlitz mind

*sneaks out to buy a crate of Nascar hats and shirts while TGH isn't looking*
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mao

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 22, 2008, 03:25:35 PM
*sneaks out to buy a crate of Nascar hats and shirts while TGH isn't looking*

Hey careful with those things!    They're toxic to more than just TGH!

Ted Schiller

Quote from: AndersW on October 22, 2008, 12:07:54 AM
I love the way Kria describes Dan.  "Incubus level hot."

Happy Anniversary Amber.

And Happy Birthday to Me. :mowhappy
Love you no mater what.

Good pun, there.  Kria will be her mater and will always love Lorenda.
Lorenda's Dad, on the other hand, became pater patties.  Not quite unconditional love.   :erk

With regards,
Ted

Dagardo

Quote from: Minishear on October 22, 2008, 02:47:17 PM
That "Date your sister" remark was funny.

But yeah, I don't like Kria, it doesn't quite stem down to hate, but I don't like her. Expression in the last panel helps out disposition, but not by much.

If you dislike the Demon race as a whole, then why not just say so. You say they all act like douche-bags in general, then what of Aliph or Lorenda?

Aliph might be evil but we've never really seen him act the part, 'cept for maybe for destroying Hannah. But if he wants to erase one of his past mistakes, that is something he wants to do, not something evil. And sure he's trying to revive the Dark God, but hes not done anything that would really count as being evil as far as we've seen... well not recently anyway. He doesn't even seem to want to fight to do it, or have a good fight in general, as most Demons are apparently prone to. But at least he isn't a cliche villain.

An now onto Lorenda. Sure she may only be half demon, but she's still a demon. She may not have the aggressive tendencies of her mother, and may not act like a Demon at all, but she is one, if only half. And she's never acted like a "douche-bag" as you put, or anything less or worse. She's pretty much the opposite of a demon, even if it's because of her being side.

Sure Demons like fighting and proving how strong they are, but that's just the way they are. You don't like the whole race because of this, so you are a racist... racist.

Leon

Happy anniversary Amber and Mason ...

I just love Matilda's reaction in the last panel. That made me laugh out loud. Beings have it so easy; Matilda is likely to suffer from embarrassing mother syndrome for a few thousand years.

Mao

Quote from: Leon on October 22, 2008, 03:51:54 PM
Happy anniversary Amber and Mason ...

I just love Matilda's reaction in the last panel. That made me laugh out loud. Beings have it so easy; Matilda is likely to suffer from embarrassing mother syndrome for a few thousand years.

I think you mean either Kria or Lorenda. :)

Howl

The way I see it, Lorenda is a half-blood, so she doesn't count, and Aliph 's died enough so that he's obviously weaker.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dagardo on October 22, 2008, 03:49:48 PM
Sure Demons like fighting and proving how strong they are, but that's just the way they are. You don't like the whole race because of this, so you are a racist, enough said... racist.

Oh, and you were doing so well up to that point.

No Personal Attacks.

Consider this a very pointed hint.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Howl

That is pretty True, I hate the Demon race. (Lorenda is only Half Blood and doesn't count)

AmigaDragon

Just had a thought. I wonder if Lorenda's anger will have any further effect on her wings or any other part of her demon heritage? Perhaps pop a little more wing?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen