Future Events

Started by blarca, November 07, 2008, 02:56:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blarca

This is my first time on the forums, even though I have been reading for years now.  Anyway, I was simply wondering when Dans month at SAIA is going to take place?  Remember that he promised to go to SAIA one month out of every year.  While I realize that the flow of the comic's time is vastly different from ours, I am still pretty sure that that month is coming up soon.

Howl

Jairus

Hasn't it only been like two or so weeks since they were at SAIA? I'm not sure, but that feels about right.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

GundamDragon

more like 5 weeks but yeah it might be too soon but the head mistress did not say what  month so she could pop in at any time plus it in a nother world, plane or some thing so it might have a different time span there as well a month there might be a week at lostlake or month at lostlake might be year or more at the school so theres that to consider as well.

Dagardo

Fa'lina said Dan is to return one month each year, so depending on how close the year is to ending, Dan either has a longer time at home, or has little time at home left. I'm not basing this on how close our year is to ending by the way so don't get mixed up. And seeing as how we really don't have a whole lot of clues as to how much time passes between each event that we see happen we cant really make an accurate assumption. Although from the scenery I myself assume that's it's still in the latter half of the year, at least if DMFAs seasonal schedule is anything like ours is.

Jairus

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 07, 2008, 03:10:20 AM
more like 5 weeks but yeah it might be too soon but the head mistress did not say what  month so she could pop in at any time plus it in a nother world, plane or some thing so it might have a different time span there as well a month there might be a week at lostlake or month at lostlake might be year or more at the school so theres that to consider as well.

Nah... the mall trip was the day after they got back from SAIA, then the next day Alexsi was kidnapped and Jy came out to Dan, and then a few days later was the whole Fae Kingdom arc, and about a week later Jy comes out of his lab, and Dan goes to talk to Biggs, and that's "today" in Furrae. So, at most two weeks.

More than that, I don't think there's a difference in the flow of time between SAIA and the rest of Furrae: a year in SAIA (or a month) is a year in Lost Lake (or a month). I could be wrong, though.

Quote from: Dagardo on November 07, 2008, 03:16:20 AM
Fa'lina said Dan is to return one month each year, so depending on how close the year is to ending, Dan either has a longer time at home, or has little time at home left. I'm not basing this on how close our year is to ending by the way so don't get mixed up. And seeing as how we really don't have a whole lot of clues as to how much time passes between each event that we see happen we cant really make an accurate assumption. Although from the scenery I myself assume that's it's still in the latter half of the year, at least if DMFAs seasonal schedule is anything like ours is.
If you consider how it wasn't that long ago he was at SAIA (even if it wasn't that long), Fa'Lina might wait a few months before telling Dan that he's coming to school. She might even wait a year or so. Who knows? Aside from Amber.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dagardo

Quote from: Jairus on November 07, 2008, 03:17:49 AM
If you consider how it wasn't that long ago he was at SAIA (even if it wasn't that long), Fa'Lina might wait a few months before telling Dan that he's coming to school. She might even wait a year or so. Who knows? Aside from Amber.

I see you're point there, and as seeing as how it's Fa'lina were semi on the subject of we can't tell at all considering how she acts. She could just wait and see if Dan doesn't show up and herself show up from nowhere and and scare the <bleep> out of Dan just for a cheap laugh. In regards to your "who knows" question, I'll just take a page out of, Jer-oh mes, (i think) book and say all we should do, and can do for that matter, is wait on Amber.

blarca

Thanks for clearing up how long its been in their world.  Figuring it all out can be some what confusing for me.  Any way, I was really just thinking that during his time there, it would be a good idea to take what has been said about cubi, and magic on the forums, and put it in the comic.  As well as to surprise the rest of us with some new information of course. 

When the arc happens is as always at Amber's discretion. 

Turnsky

we shall see... we, shall see...  :mwaha

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Eagle0600

Personally, I am looking forward to this happening.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 07, 2008, 03:10:20 AM
If SAIA was in another world or plane, how could Photophie lead the rescue party there via basement to basement tunnels? I've seen no evidence of her having any magical abilities like forming dimensional portals. Sure, Mab could have made the needed portal for such a case, but Photophie said she could get them there without making it conditional on having help. Sure, it might be in a remote location and has wards, but it's in the same world.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 08, 2008, 02:39:46 AM
If SAIA was in another world or plane, how could Photophie lead the rescue party there via basement to basement tunnels? I've seen no evidence of her having any magical abilities like forming dimensional portals. Sure, Mab could have made the needed portal for such a case, but Photophie said she could get them there without making it conditional on having help. Sure, it might be in a remote location and has wards, but it's in the same world.

Not necessarily. Rats get everywhere; that's a staple. Hence, it may well be that the Basement Rats have the ability to get into any basement anywhere.

Even if it's totally disconnected from another one, they can just walk in, following the red carpet....

Or, at least, that was my take on it. If you're by yourself, there's literally no path at all. If you're with a rat, bam, there the path is.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GundamDragon

Its called the rat line a network of magic tunnels that go almost ever where.

superluser

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 08, 2008, 03:25:03 PMIts called the rat line a network of magic tunnels that go almost ever where.

Is it a maze of twenty cabbages, all alight?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 08, 2008, 05:13:37 PM
Quote from: GundamDragon on November 08, 2008, 03:25:03 PMIts called the rat line a network of magic tunnels that go almost ever where.

Is it a maze of twenty cabbages, all alight?

Yes, and you are about to be turned into a glue.

Anri

Now what if everyone in the world actually talks reeeeeeeeeeeally slooooooooooooow and are sped up for the sake of the comic! *nod* Damn lag!

(ok, now I'm, just being silly)

Eagle0600

I'm still pretty sure SAIA is not it's own plane.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 10, 2008, 04:55:47 AM
I'm still pretty sure SAIA is not it's own plane.

But you *do* have to be level 58 or higher to get there on your own.  :U
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: DarkAudit on November 11, 2008, 12:52:45 PM

Oh, come on. With the right Epic gear, you can get there at level 50 or so. ;-]

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 11, 2008, 01:22:13 PM
Quote from: DarkAudit on November 11, 2008, 12:52:45 PM

Oh, come on. With the right Epic gear, you can get there at level 50 or so. ;-]

Hax.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yus. Hax and chops. s'how you get in.

Ghostwish

N00b!

(in before the inevitable forum lockage of doom and kittens)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

No, I think doom was next, wasn't it?

And then lockage.

Mao

Oh.  Well then.

DoooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Consult the book of Armaments!

Corgatha Taldorthar

*blesses a hand grenade, so that enemies of the thread may be blown to tiny bits, in my mercy*
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.