11/06/08 [Perfect Date #8] - There's a fish on your head.

Started by Howl, November 06, 2008, 12:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 06:29:01 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 06, 2008, 05:26:27 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 05:23:27 AM
nothing quite like a knuckle sandwich with ball-lightning seasoning.
FALCON PUNCH! >:D

*image*
"It's not the spell, it's how you apply it"  >:3
"Falcon Punch. Apply directly to the face."

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 06, 2008, 09:14:54 AM
I would just like to make an appeal to sanity and hope that this discussion turns to Merlitz and his dating and not into a quasi D&D discussion.
True.  In some ways it's probably good she's not seeing this  :<

In other ways, I've just been through the rant, and the idea of having a "Prominent 'Cubi Clans" arc is one I can only encourage.  But since she's not reading it, I'm not sure how to offer same to her  :rolleyes

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lowde

First of all, this way way to funny, I laughed until I started to cough...

Second...
Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 05:50:21 AM
If that's your taste, go with a monk-sorcerer. Then get some of the supplements that are designed for that combo. Then procede to kick serious behind.
Sure, the only problem is that if you multi-class the monk class, you can no longer get more levels in that class, so you would have to raise it until a good level and then multi-class

Third...
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on November 06, 2008, 09:14:54 AM
I would just like to make an appeal to sanity and hope that this discussion turns to Merlitz and his dating and not into a quasi D&D discussion.
Too late...

Turnsky

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 06, 2008, 09:54:47 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 06:29:01 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 06, 2008, 05:26:27 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 05:23:27 AM
nothing quite like a knuckle sandwich with ball-lightning seasoning.
FALCON PUNCH! >:D

*image*
"It's not the spell, it's how you apply it"  >:3

well, the application i had originally intended was an uppercut, then a flying volleyball spike, but i could never get it to look right..  :U :<

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 10:12:30 AM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 06, 2008, 09:54:47 AM
well, the application i had originally intended was an uppercut, then a flying volleyball spike, but i could never get it to look right..  :U :<
Nah, I was referring to the "Falcon Punch" video. But I can see that the fellow in your picture is going for an uppercut now. :]

Cogidubnus

Even though the fish are green...

All I can think of is "Red snapper! Very tasty!". :B

Rakala

Don't eat the green ones. Not ripe yet.

Anyways, I didn't mean for it to turn into a D&D discussion, I was just making a comment. My bad.

Slowtini

He's a kitty, right?

Fishy eating cat.
Irony.

If NOT a kitty, Slowtini fails.

terrycloth

Where is Alyika? Obviously, Alyika is the one asking the question. She can't *fight* the fish, after all... ohnoz, 2/100 hearts! So much for Alyika/Merlitz action.

(And I'd guess Merlitz is having trouble 'cause the fish are highly resistant to fire from being so damp. Plus they probably stayed underwater until the final leap-attack.)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Slowtini on November 06, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
Cheetah-tiger, if memory serves.  Whether that counts as 'kitty' depends on your point of view...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 06, 2008, 02:14:13 PM
Quote from: Slowtini on November 06, 2008, 01:37:25 PM
Cheetah-tiger, if memory serves.  Whether that counts as 'kitty' depends on your point of view...
Yep, kitty. BIG kitty, but he's a kitty nonetheless.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Jer-oh-me

I bawled with laughter upon seeing that, it was a nice way of showing that Merlitz hasn't dropped off the face of the earth as it were, just isn't up to answering questions about his dating practices. As to the D&D-like nature of probable conversation, well considering the D&D nature of the character that seems somewhat hard to avoid, right?

senrath

Quote from: Zachski on November 06, 2008, 01:36:11 AM
Hey, it's Surprise Fish!

(If anyone actually GETS this reference, you will get a 100 cookies freshly baked)
Does that mean Merlitz is catball?

(yes, this is what drove me to register)

Zedd

How come I get the feeling Merl in "What's eating Gilbert Grape?"

Dagardo

I would probably have been LMAO when I first saw this were I not so close to sleep from waking up when I saw it.

Lucheek

GET IT OFF GET IT OFF GET IT OFF!

xDD

I'd love to see a Cubi Clan mini-arc as well, but don't overwork yourself Amber.

Sunblink

Best Perfect Date yet. Those little fish latched onto Merlitz's body are hilarious, and Merlitz's expression and dialogue in the first panel is even more so.

I love this mini-arc c:

Brunhidden

everyone is concentrating on the fish, nobody is upset tentacle rape failed to happen?

come to think of it his staff would make a good weapon against a flying fish, fishball
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

DarkAudit

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 02:04:47 AM
Yeah, but even the quicker spells take SOME time to cast, which can be difficult in a full on grapple with three different sea creatures. The best idea is not to get into that position in the first place.

Howl of Terror FTW

or at least to buy some time to dot up your targets...
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Slacker Spice

Quote from: Turnsky on November 06, 2008, 02:18:19 AM
HEY! NIZE HAT!  >:3

"That's it. Everything is going to go boom."

And he'd probably do it, too...

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Slipdance

Fish. Head. Fish. Head. Roly-poly fish head. Fish. Head. Fish. Head. Eat them up, yum!

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Eagle0600

Quote from: Lowde on November 06, 2008, 09:56:49 AM
If that's your taste, go with a monk-sorcerer. Then get some of the supplements that are designed for that combo. Then procede to kick serious behind.
Sure, the only problem is that if you multi-class the monk class, you can no longer get more levels in that class, so you would have to raise it until a good level and then multi-class

Take sufficient levels in monk, then in sorcerer, then take a prestige class. That's what I was referring to when I said 'supplement'.

Mao

*ahem*

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!  :U

...what?

Someone had to say it.

Zaarin

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 08:02:55 PM
Quote from: Lowde on November 06, 2008, 09:56:49 AM

Take sufficient levels in monk, then in sorcerer, then take a prestige class. That's what I was referring to when I said 'supplement'.

Monk/Sorc isn't that great. Remember, thou shalt not sacrifice caster levels. You could go straight Psychic Warrior or Duskblade though. Or even straight Wiz or Sorc and cast Transformation. I've seen a Nomad/Fighter/Slayer gish as well.

Or play Shadowrun, where the mage has a gun. Squeezing the trigger is faster then any spell.

Azlan

Stop with the D&D discussions, you all fail because 4E is out and you are all taking 3E.

Merl really needs a warrior companion, mages as soloists don't work in the adventuring area too well.  At least I don't think they would.

I really wish people would leave the cubi bandwagon... it broke down several miles back when the ego loads over taxed its drivetrain.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Valynth

Quote from: Azlan on November 06, 2008, 11:30:32 PM
Stop with the D&D discussions, you all fail because 4E is out and you are all taking 3E.

I'm playing a campaign as a dwarf warrior and I have less AC than the mage, so I'm getting a kick out of this.

I had 17, he had 19.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Azlan

Quote from: Valynth on November 06, 2008, 11:37:53 PM

I'm playing a campaign as a dwarf warrior and I have less AC than the mage, so I'm getting a kick out of this.

I had 17, he had 19.

Yes, yes... my cleric is a better tank than our paladin, I just wish I still got to use shields as a class feature.  Arrgh, now just stop it... this is not the D&D thread.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Dagardo

Quote from: Azlan on November 06, 2008, 11:30:32 PM
Merl really needs a warrior companion, mages as soloists don't work in the adventuring area too well.  At least I don't think they would.

A warrior companion would certainly help him out in spots like the one he's in, but I don't think Aliyka quite cuts it so he probably shouldn't ask her. Although if he was to do the battle mage gig he may find himself in much less trouble since battle mages are (supposed) to be proficient in both the ways of melee and magic. I won't comment on the D&D thing since I've never played it.

Howl

Well, for the discussion of the comic, it's okay. But for the D&D class discussion...

:objection

Okay, I admit it, I've just been dying to use that one.