11/05/08 [DMFA #949] - Well, it solves that, at least

Started by superluser, November 05, 2008, 02:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

Quote from: Dagardo on November 05, 2008, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2008, 05:44:21 PM
*Charles hmms*  So DP loses a piece of soul each time, eh?  I wonder what replaces it?

*Charline grins evily from the shadows*  A piece of meeeeeeee....  :kruger

*Charles*   D:
Does it meant that you lose a piece of yourself every time Dark P is resurrected, then, eh, Charline? :P

More than likely, but if that the case where does the part of his soul that DP loses go? Perhaps Charline gets it in return.

Gee, I hope not, we don't need Charline to suddenly become genre savy...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Eagle0600

I still think it's more like a breakdown of his personality into a vengeful maniac.

Ren Gaulen

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 06, 2008, 02:05:55 AM
Pretty colours? Can we burn him, can we please?
Sure, why not? Right after we're through with you. >:]

Eagle0600

*Returns to his cesspit* Theemperorcan'tfindmeheretheemperorcan'tfindmehere..

DarkAudit

Quote from: Reese Tora on November 06, 2008, 02:48:59 AM
Quote from: Dagardo on November 05, 2008, 06:25:32 PM
Quote from: Ren Gaulen on November 05, 2008, 06:13:38 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 05, 2008, 05:44:21 PM
*Charles hmms*  So DP loses a piece of soul each time, eh?  I wonder what replaces it?

*Charline grins evily from the shadows*  A piece of meeeeeeee....  :kruger

*Charles*   D:
Does it meant that you lose a piece of yourself every time Dark P is resurrected, then, eh, Charline? :P

More than likely, but if that the case where does the part of his soul that DP loses go? Perhaps Charline gets it in return.

Gee, I hope not, we don't need Charline to suddenly become genre savy...

True dat. Less resistance to my 'lock's Banish Demon spell that way.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Eagle0600

Corgatha Taldorthar

You know, with Dan's collection of swords, I'm sure he has at least one Stormbringer ripoff lying around. He just needs to remember to use that sword for the slaying.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

DeedaeicMess

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 05, 2008, 08:29:32 PM
Again: I REJECT YOUR SO-CALLED 'GOD' EMPEROR!

THIS IS HERESY. There can only be one answer:

GundamDragon

Quote from: DeedaeicMess on November 07, 2008, 01:41:59 AM

Your with the witch hunters aren't you -_- over kill mach?

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

I can't help but wonder if it would be better to have a thread dedicated to the Emperor, rather than cluttering up the storyline discussion.  Seriously, Amber's going to have a fit if she sees this  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GundamDragon

:
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 07, 2008, 08:39:07 AM
I can't help but wonder if it would be better to have a thread dedicated to the Emperor, rather than cluttering up the storyline discussion.  Seriously, Amber's going to have a fit if she sees this  :<

:mwaha ether that or the next chapter of the comic will have Dan and the others playing War Hammer 40K  :mwaha

DeedaeicMess

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 07, 2008, 03:14:56 AM
Quote from: DeedaeicMess on November 07, 2008, 01:41:59 AM

Your with the witch hunters aren't you -_- over kill mach?

Nuh; I'm with the Inquisitors.

Hrm. Maybe you're right. D: This'll be my last Warhammer-related post in a story-discussion thread unless Amber DOES justify it.

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 07, 2008, 09:12:58 AM
:

:mwaha ether that or the next chapter of the comic will have Dan and the others playing War Hammer 40K  :mwaha
That would be unprecedentedly awesome. And y'know Lorenda DID have that stint with the Warcraft Orcs...

GundamDragon

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: GundamDragon on November 07, 2008, 03:01:44 PM
You now i'm wundering if she plays?

You know, I'm wondering if you're actually capable of English.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Eagle0600

llearch n'n'daCorna

The other option is I just straight out ban, Eagle. Would you prefer that applied to you? I'm happy to make an exception. Just say the word.

As for GundamDragon, he's been warned that we prefer coherence. He hasn't provided any indication that he has any problems understanding the warning, so we've presumed that he's a relatively normal adult, and capable of using the spellchecker, or learning to communicate with other ape-like beings that are outside his head. At this point, the jury is still waiting for the concept that he is not the center of the world to sink into the soggy grey matter between his ears, and that the other forum-goers don't particularly care to expend huge amounts of effort attempting to figure out what obscure idea happened to decide to claw it's way past his fractured grammar and make itself known, and hence everyone else would probably prefer it if he tried a little harder.

I'm attempting to bring this idea to his attention, using small words, because the polysyllabic ones I, and Damaris, used last time seemed to bounce off.

I await the results of this little experiment with anticipation and trepidation.

Was there anything else you wished to discuss with the mods, while I'm here?

Mao

Eagle0600

llearch n'n'daCorna

Don't get me wrong, I welcome discussion over moderation, if you feel it warranted.

This probably isn't the right place to do it, though. ;-]

Brunhidden

the difference between polite discussion and a a flame war is a fine line you could march an army across, its known as heated discussion and anyone who cant realize when they have gone too far is probably in need of a bucket of cold water or a hit from a tazer

now i can understand when someone needs a mod, every once in a while, to poke them and say 'please stop' but anyone who does not listen after that i feel no pity for.

now, how far are we from the original topic? both in time and in thread wander
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dwarg91

as for how far this thread has wandered I would say it has wandered 9000+ miles to the east. Now let me help get it back on track by saying that if Dan was to have learned how to cast fire onto a sword than he could easily slay all of his enemy's without the worry of them coming back. hope this helps

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dwarg91 on November 08, 2008, 12:22:41 PM
if Dan was to have learned how to cast fire onto a sword than he could easily slay all of his enemy's without the worry of them coming back.

Doubtful he'd even need to learn that.  It's a fair bet that enchanted weapons are at the very least, a popular cottage industry, more likely a billion-dollar business.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Brunhidden on November 08, 2008, 11:20:50 AM
the difference between polite discussion and a a flame war is a fine line you could march an army across, its known as heated discussion and anyone who cant realize when they have gone too far is probably in need of a bucket of cold water or a hit from a tazer
Or both, water followed by tazer. :mowdizzy

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2008, 01:03:57 PM
if Dan was to have learned how to cast fire onto a sword than he could easily slay all of his enemy's without the worry of them coming back.

Doubtful he'd even need to learn that.  It's a fair bet that enchanted weapons are at the very least, a popular cottage industry, more likely a billion-dollar business.
It'd still be a good skill to know. In a fight, you could lose your good weapons and have just a normal one available. Being able to cast an enchantment around a weapon could make the difference between survival and death if the enemy is invulnerable to mundane (non-magic) weapons.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 08, 2008, 01:03:57 PM

"Here at Crazy Carl's used Magika!...."

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Eagle0600

Dwarg makes a point, though. Enchanted weapons would be bought by the same people as normal weapons, just higher up on the line. So you could probably make money selling both in the same shop. Since you could make money doing it, it's likely you shall find someone selling enchanted weapons and normal weapons in the same shop.

Then again, maybe that paragraph is unintelligible. Please tell me if it is.

Sofox

To return slightly to topic, even if DP's body was soaked in acid, burned, ionised, frozen, shattered, atomised and/or scattered in a million different ways, I still think there's one thing that could still bring him back to life...

http://it-he.org/ss/mould.gif

JELLY MOULD!

Eagle0600

:blink :lol

I believe there's a reference to System Shock Jelly Mould on it-he

Tapewolf

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 10, 2008, 04:59:40 AM
I believe there's a reference to System Shock Jelly Mould on it-he
Well, it's where he's linked it from.  A back-link might have been nice, though.

For those who've never played the game, there is one of these on almost every deck of the space station.  When activated, you are 'healed' in one of these each time you die.  Even if you lock yourself in a lift and detonate a pile of fifty hand grenades or jump into the core of a fusion reactor.