11/10/08 [DMFA #950] - House rules

Started by Naldru, November 10, 2008, 01:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Aleolus on November 11, 2008, 03:49:34 AM
Kria!  Get your mind out of the gutter!  After all, even if he is Incubus level hot, he is still your daughters friend, your brother's worst enemy, and young enough to be your great-to-the-tenth-power grandson!

I think she'd be aware of that, who knows, maybe she's just a perv.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kria!  Get your mind out of the gutter!  After all, even if he is Incubus level hot, he is still your daughters friend, your brother's worst enemy, and young enough to be your great-to-the-tenth-power grandson!

... Isn't that last a bonus?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Rakala

Ooh, hot age-play taboo.

Okay seriously, I think if I were Dan I would take off my shirt just to humor her. Doesn't seem worth the trouble to do otherwise.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Somehow, I don't think a species with a lifespan that can go into the thousands and maintain physical and mental states of equilibrium throughout that have the same taboos about dating much older/younger people.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 11, 2008, 03:57:44 AM

... Isn't that last a bonus?

Just remember, the older you get, the bigger the age bracket. :P

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 11, 2008, 03:53:28 AM

I think she'd be aware of that, who knows, maybe she's just a perv.

What does that make Destania then? She's much older than Kria and still went for a younger man.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Rakala

And Aaryana? Or even better, Matilda. Not to mention Dan is probably going to live for a long time now as well making it less creepy. She may be thousands (or more) years old but she only looks somewhere about 30, and I don't know about anybody else but I wouldn't mind that. >.> Mentally however she seems somewhere closer to 20.

Tycoon

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 11, 2008, 03:10:06 PM

What does that make Destania then? She's much older than Kria and still went for a younger man.

Is Aniz really THAT much younger than Destania?

:P

Corgatha Taldorthar

1. We don't necessarily kno
Quote from: Tycoon on November 11, 2008, 05:13:17 PM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 11, 2008, 03:10:06 PM

Is Aniz really THAT much younger than Destania?

:P

1. We don't necessarily know that Edward Ti'Fiona is Aniz.

2. We don't really know how old Destiana is. I mean, think about it. From Aaryana's narrative, she became a professor of Pain and Terror soon after her own graduation. She's "only" 428 according to the bio, and if less than a year has passed from whatever point that was taken and the comic which she accepted the professorship, it's possible for a around 400 year old 'Cubi to be offered such a position.

Furthermore, while Aaryana mentions that Destania was her professor of Pain and Terror, it's unclear how long someone takes those courses. For all we know, she only took them the last 2 years of her academy stay, and that Destania was around 400 then.

So while it's extremely likely that Destania is far, far older, it's possible that she's as young as say, 500. (Barring any knowledge to the contrary. AFAIK, Amber's never revealed how old Dee is.)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Eagle0600

Wait, what did I miss?!?!?! Aniz and Edward?

:boggle

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Eagle0600 on November 12, 2008, 05:55:26 AM
Wait, what did I miss?!?!?! Aniz and Edward?

:boggle

It's a theory some people have. It's not very likely, for a number of reasons. If you want more details, ask Tapewolf - last time I looked, he had a large description deconstructing and invalidating the whole idea.

Tycoon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2008, 06:13:52 AM
It's a theory some people have. It's not very likely, for a number of reasons. If you want more details, ask Tapewolf - last time I looked, he had a large description deconstructing and invalidating the whole idea.

But it's oh-so-fun to sling around when the opportunity arises!

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 12, 2008, 06:13:52 AM

In an attempt to stop it from disrupting other threads as it has been known to do whenever someone mentions it in passing, I compiled the theory as it stands, with available evidence for and against into the wiki.  It can be found here:
http://dmfa.wikia.com/wiki/Edward-Aniz_Theory

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

The discussion appears fairly complete, but there were a few possible scenarios that were also mentioned.

Aniz might have been in love with Destania, but unable to meet with her since the families were feuding.  (Think Romeo and Juliet.)   When he left SAIA because Destania was still there, it may have been to avoid placing Destania (and himself) in an emotionally difficult situation.  When Destania showed up at Lost Lake Inn, she may have been faking the injuries and wanted to test Aniz's (Edward's) feelings towards her.  (Amber said that Destania might have been faking the injuries.  What other reason could she have had for faking the injuries?)

Another possibility was that Alexsis might not have been Edward's biological daughter.  We know that she wasn't Destania's biological daughter, but still viewed Destania as her mother.

Finally, there is one point that must always be kept in mind.  This is Amber's world, and we are simply viewers.  And Amber likes to mess with our heads. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on November 15, 2008, 12:21:32 PM
When Destania showed up at Lost Lake Inn, she may have been faking the injuries and wanted to test Aniz's (Edward's) feelings towards her.  (Amber said that Destania might have been faking the injuries.  What other reason could she have had for faking the injuries?)
The obvious one is that she was trying to lower his guard for the kill.

Still, I'll add these ideas to the wiki.  Assuming you don't get there first...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 15, 2008, 01:25:52 PM
The obvious one is that she was trying to lower his guard for the kill.

Still, I'll add these ideas to the wiki.  Assuming you don't get there first...
If she wasn't really injured and was at full strength, I think she could have wiped out a few hundred angry villagers without any problem.  Furthermore, they wouldn't have even known she was a cubi.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

And if she was at full strength, I think she could have easily seen through Aniz's ruse, and promptly dismembered him. :P

e_voyager

that aside one of the few joys of advance age is the ability to find enjoyable distraction to take up ones time.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey