Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareeku

Gareeku took the blow when he and Aisha were shot out of the vortex, grunting loudly as he cushioned the blow against the wall for Aisha, before landing on one knee on the floor. Watched the events unfold before them, the wolf stared at the still form now laying on the floor, before rising to his feet, Aisha still in his arms. Looking down at her, he smiled softly.
"You ok?" he asked.

Joat

Sylver’s tired soul returns to his body. He immediately falls asleep.

“How many times do you think my heart exploded during that time?” I ask Mel, “I lost count at twelve.”

e_voyager

The victor of the fight finally finds others " finally. what happened? i leave fore a few minutes and you all  start a war again?" the victor shakes his head. "next time at least invite me"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aisha deCabre

After witnessing Stygian's apparent death, and being tossed out of the vortex at high speeds, Aisha felt like she was going to be sick.  The panther almost blacked out for a moment, her link to the dark entity gone and the full feeling of the world came back to her nerves again.

But when Aisha came to again, she was warm, and a little achy.  Feeling pain again...if that wasn't proof that she was back in the real world, then nothing else was.  Her hand came up to her ribcage...she had been stabbed through the heart, at least that's what it felt like.  On a single chance, death was cheated.  Her heart was beating at a rapid pace.

Her eyes opened slowly.  The room was a mess.  The house no longer was alive...and there was a body heaped over on the floor nearby.  But the dark sensation was gone.  Normalcy...something that seemed so foreign...

She took a deep breath of dusty air and looked up to Gareeku's concerned face as she rested easily in his arms.  Had it not been for her deep black fur there would be seen a bit of red on her cheeks.  She coughed a shaky laugh.  "I'm...just a little freaked out about the whole thing...but yes, I'm okay," she smiled.  "Thank you..."

Aisha spared a glance about the room.  "Huh...I wonder about everyone else, too."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel sat with a thump that made the floor creak and just stared. First at Gareeku and Aisha, then and Stygian, then at the wrecked room. Then she started giggling in pure relief that she had actually survived her first ever fight. "Gareeku, Aisha, I don't know what you did, but thank you. If the magic in this place ever settles down I will produce those damned pizzas you've worked so hard for." And then she began giggling again. Then the stranger beside her asks her a question. She looks down at him, "Have we met?"
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Joat

I smile at Aisha and hold up the peace sign. “Your local alien Easter bunny is A-OK!”

I then say to Mel, “Not before today, really, though that battle did seem to have lasted for days.” I transform into a half wolf. “This is my natural form. I’m Joat and the doggy is Sylver. Never saw his soul fly out and attack before. Don’t even know how he has a soul, him being a robot and all.”

Boog

As Stygian died, so to did the nightmare tied to him. With a sound like a sigh, it collapsed in a tinkley-crash of shattered glass. Boogey dropped the rather heavy sword (after turning off the flames. Give me that much credit) and sank to the floor.
"So... That's over? Save for the unconcious angel in the attic and that former-body of mine there is officially no more Neurox-related madness in this house?" He blinked once or twice, "Is Stygian dead? That's..." He looked disappointed, staring at the body, "That's a shame. He was kind of an ass, yeah, but... That's just a shame."

Gareeku

Seeing that Aisha was alright, the soft smile returned to Gareeku's face. Closing his eyes, the soft glow around his body began to grow in brightness, and then spread to envelop Aisha's body. As the soft glow of the light emitted from Aisha's body, she would feel a warm, pleasant and relaxing feeling flow through her as her aches and pains subsided and disappear, the cuts and bruises on her body disappearing at the same time. Opening his eyes again, the wolf smiled softly at Aisha, before looking up as he heard Mel's giggling.

Hearing her comment, Gareeku laughed softly.
"I'll hold you to that." he said with a smile, before rising to his feet, helping Aisha to her feet as he did so, her paw in his as the glow around his body disappeared. As soon as the glow had gone, Gareeku put a hand to the wall beside them, his legs somewhat shaky as the after effects of using so much magic began to take effect.
"I may have to have that pizza sooner than I think..." he commented with a slight laugh, feeling somewhat dizzy and exhausted.

Joat

I overhear that. “I can make a pizza. Just give me a few minutes at my lab and I’ll whip one up in a jiff. But in the meantime…”

I open up my laptop and begin typing away.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha sighed with relief when one by one everyone answered the roll call in one way or another...everyone of course except Stygian.  In a way she felt bad for what had happened to the jerk...but he had done what he could.  A minute of silence was observed before she was helped gratefully to her feet, smiling as she let the healing light encompass her body.  No wounds were left behind...even the scar on her leg from the bullet wound was gone.  The feeling had made her purr just slightly.  "Good as new..."

She mimicked Gareeku's laughter when he stumbled a little.  The panther leaned against him to help him on his shaky feet, though her feet were a little shaky as well.  It seemed the queasiness was gone too, so at the mention of pizza she was definitely hungry again.  This time it wouldn't be just a lounge party, but a celebration.

If it's possible to have one, came the thought as she glanced about the house.  Everything was a total wreck, blown apart or broken in one way or another.  She could've guessed that the mirror her doppelganger had come out of was an antique.

"Ay basura..." Aisha barked with a roll of her eyes and another laugh,  "Karl's gonna charge us all an arm, a leg, and an eye."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“There. The Chrono Drive should be up and running once more.” I close the laptop. “Now, who can point me to the kitchen? I don’t really need to be at the lab to make pizza.”

Gareeku

Hearing Aisha's comment, Gareeku laughed softly.
"He can try, but I'd probably need to do a dozen jobs to pay for it." he said with a slight grin. Looking down at himself, he noticed his clothes were in tatters. his top had been totally ripped to shreds, and his pant now only stopped just passed his knees. "Looks like i'll need a new set of clothes, too..."

Joat

“It’s a good thing my clothes are designed to grow and shrink when I do, otherwise, I would be in quite a predicament in clothes,” I comment.

Boog

"Heh, yeah..." Boogey got to his feet, "This was supposed to be a party, wasn't it? Alright, we need music, snacks... And a lack of various unconcious individuals in the upper floors. Be right back." With that, he rushed upstairs to the room where the unconcious Swamp Dragon and the Daos De Machina rested. No more need of this, He thought, wiping away the Daos' mind. He then kneeled over the Swamp Dragon and waved a hand over it. The hand faded to patterned light, and then the dragon did, and then the hand faded back and the light that the dragon had become faded away. Sent somewhere it can make a life for itself. Not much magic, but I know some people there who will take care of it. I wonder what sort of folklore it will lend to it's new home? Not stopping too long to ponder such matters, he ran up to the attic taking the stairs two at a time. Walking over to the unconcious remaining angel, he thought for a second.
... It would take an interesting breed of monster to kill an unconcious opponant, ecspecially during ones victory celebrations. Can't leave him like this though. Huh... Hitting upon an idea, Boogey severed the angel's link to its master and whispered a quick argument over it. Part of the nature of a home is that it is someplace you eventually return to. Ergo, you must return home. Just... not too close to this Trinity fellow. You're not his anymore; his base is not your home. And the angel also faded away into patterned light.
Boogey turned around and headed back down the stairs. The loose ends were tied up, the good guys had won, and reality was slowly reshaping back to how it was that made him want to come here. Best get back to the others. There was a party to get back to.

Joat

I grab my sword and put it in the sheath. “Looks like Sylver will be out for quite some time. Oh well; he needs the rest.” I take off my lab coat, under which I am wearing brown jeans and a white T-shirt. I place the lab coat on Sylver as a blanket.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha watched Boogey as he dashed upstairs and quirked an eyebrow.  With a shrug, she looked around to see if she remembered where the kitchen was in the mansion to show Joat.  "Ah...I think it's that way..." she pointed down a hallway to her left.  "Or was it...oh, si, it's that way."

Stretching her tired limbs, the panther hid a smirk when Gareeku and everyone were talking about new clothes.  At least hers were intact (thankfully)...and that's when she remembered about her tail ring.  She took it off to inspect it.  The crack was still there, and the enchantment magic missing.  If the huntress was to go back to hunting demons again, she wasn't going out without a darkness sensor.  Of course, the idea of more fighting right at the moment wasn't going to sit well.

"Huh...I don't suppose anyone here knows how to re-enchant..." she sighed and placed it back on her tail.  After everything that happened, a broken trinket was somewhat trivial.  She smiled and slumped against the wall, wondering where anyone's gonna get music for a party.  She wanted to at least rest and eat.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“Good thing my clothes are sturdy,” I think. I then go where Aisha told me to go and I reach the kitchen. I immediately begin preparing the pizza. While I am doing so, I think, “Hm… I’d need a test subject of some sort, but it might be possible to create a darkness detector scientifically.”

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel heard Aisha's question about her tailring. "Actually, I can. I often use the cover of a traveling jeweler. I think maybe I'll take it up full-time now." She had shifted her size down to five foot but hadn't moved from her seated position on the floor. She was sitting with her arms around her legs and her head on her knees. "Is it always like this? After a fight? I can't stop shaking."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Joat

Sylver wakes up right before that was said. He opens his eyes and looks at Mel. “Like what? Where everyone is tense? Yeah, that’s pretty much it. Of course, it’s only tense until the party starts.”

Aisha deCabre

Aisha's head came up when she heard Mel, and she laughed gratefully, handing her the tail ring.  "Would you then, please, I'd appreciate it.  Just some dark magic detection spells...you've seen what it does."

At the dragon's question, Aisha's ears flattened, the past events coming up in a troubled wave.  Though the atmosphere was joyous, there was still a guilt there, a pit in her stomach that made her feel as if she should be dead...her stupidity brought it on.  Gareeku had to risk his neck.  Stygian DID lose it.  Fighting back an illusion...

"It usually does happen like that, yeah," the panther answered quietly.  "Inches away from death and you think about it, you're always skirting that fine line.  But if you keep your nerve you'll never cross it.  I'm still shaking myself..."

Lo siento, fates.  You lose again.

She leaned her head against the wall, staring up at an intricate ceiling.  "That's something none of us are likely going to forget."  Then the panther grinned at Gareeku.  "Betcha the hero here's gonna get a medal."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

When Aisha makes the comment about the medal, Sylver looks a bit dejected.

Gareeku

Hearing Mel's question, Gareeku thought about the recent events. So many time had he almost died, it seemed as if his death was just not meant to be. At least, not today anyway. Turning to Aisha, the wolf noticed her troubled expression. Smiling softly, he put a paw on her shoulder.
"Hey now. You know I'd never ever let that happen." he said, the soft smile still on his face. Hearing Aisha's next comment made him blush slightly, before he smiled back at her. "I wasn't the only hero here today. You are more worthy of that title than I am."

Joat

Sylver sighs and begins to walk toward the door.

Boog

Boogey swaggered down the stairs, grinning like a loon.
"Well, with that taken care of, I believe this was supposed to be a party? Nobody got the snacks and music? You people ought to be ashamed of yourselves. I mean, really. Gonna have to do everything myself." He strode toward the fridge and started searching for party-type snacks. "We've earned a party, but I refuse to set it up all by myself!"

Joat

I am just pulling out the pizza from the oven when Boogey comes in to search the fridge, shortly followed by a depressed Sylver. I notice Sylver’s expression.

“Wha? What happened to you?” I ask.

“Oh, nothing. Everything’s fine,” Sylver lies.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel took the ring and looked it over. Almost immediately her shaking slowed. The familiar rhythms of her other work took over and she quickly dropped into the soothing place where it was just her and her art. It didn't take long before tools were spread around her and she was humming something, baddly offkey, as she worked.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha blinked for a second, and then smiled at Gareeku's comment, her face warming.  Just those comforting words seemed to make everything just a little better...but still, no matter what, the whole battle like many others of her life will be another for the travel journal.  I'm gonna write a book someday, I think.  They'll never believe THIS one.  

She rested her hand on his arm.  "Much as I think that's not true, I'll take it," Aisha laughed.  Her eyes followed Sylver as he started walking away, looking a little pained.  Her voice raised a little on her next statement so everyone would hear.  "Of course, everybody in this house who put in a good effort deserves the title."

When Boogey came back down and complained about everyone's slacking, the panther rolled her eyes.  She decided, yeah, it was time to stop moping and start pitching in.  "Okay, okay...you turning into the next Señor Personality now?"  With another stretch, the girl nodded.  "A party's what we came here for, right?  I think I'll go into the main lounge and clear some of the debris so we have a dance floor.  Vamos!"
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“What is it?” I ask again.

“Nothing,” Sylver says.

“You know you can tell me.”

“It’s nothing, really.”

“I know that it…”

Joat, leave me alone!” Sylver pauses for a moment and the metal on his cheeks turns a bit red, then it fades. “Sorry. I just… well, I didn’t really help during the battles. I just got swatted away like an insect over and over.”

“And you got back up… over and over.” I smile comfortingly. “No matter how bleak things looked, you just got up once more.”

“Yeah. I guess you’re right. And I did do a number on those ice monsters. I guess I just need to relax” Sylver begins to walk out the door of the kitchen. “Thanks, Joat. I needed that. Care to walk with me?”

“I shall,” I say. The two of us walk back to the room where the battle took place.

We arrive in that room. Sylver looks a bit happier than before and I am carrying a cheese pizza (on a pan, of course).

KarlOmega1

(OOC: Sorry I'm late...Stay over at the parents' house for a couple nights and this is what I miss)

*Karl quickly observes the area to assess the damage*

Karl: Ah Geez!!! *insert demon swearing here* this is 12k credits worth in damage...I better call Scott Prower (Engineer, rank is Major, fox species) to fix this since he did help in constructing the building.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

e_voyager

at this point Karl i may be more humans to Nuke the building and build a new one.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey