Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_voyager

E retunes to the room . he seems to have come to some kind of decision and his shadow seems to trail after him like a separate being. in his hand he his holds a odd container of  glowing purple liquid. he retunes to the wall he has previously left and nods his face neutral. Despite his lack or words ore maybe because of hit he seems to be giving off a more robotic aura then before when he may have been mistaken for a normal person in weird armor. The fact that his shadow does not sync with his movements or follow his previous motions is also disquieting as it melts out of site. e drinks his  glowing liquid and waits to figure out was is going on with  cold calculating eyes. "I gather they there may have been introductions while I was away. I am E's forte. You may call me E if you choose." With that e fell silent again his eyes vigilant as he watched the group before him.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel stayed silent and still in the corner. While she normally went small when she wanted to be forgotten she had found out long ago that people tended to forget that very large things were sentient as long as they were quiet. Not that she had anything to add that wouldn't sound as bitchy and fake as everyone else. She had a screaming headache from the hit to the head and could feel her eye puffing shut. Everyone's nerves were shot and someone was bound to snap soon. Maybe it would clear the air.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Stygian

"Nice to meet you too, mister..." Salticia said to Gareeku. Then, she turned her head to Aisha and gave her an equally sly grin. She wasn't sure, but while the spider-girl's both larger eyes seemed fixed forward, the smaller ones seemed to move, tracing across her. "So. Demon hunter, huh? Tell me... what martial arts do you two practice then?" she said, her curved mouth settling in a gentler smile. She wrinkled the perfectly rounded bump that she had for a nose, and tiny slits opened on each side as she drew a quick smell from the air.

Stephen on the other hand eyed E suspiciously, before he returned to examining the little thing in his left hand. He lifted his right and with his teeth tugged the glove off it, revealing a carefully crafted, almost seamless mechanical hand of gold and black. With a few low cutting sounds it split up, turning into a multitude of small mechanical arms with pincers, pads and cutters on them. He began peeling away at the little thing, talking undisturbedly while he did in his crisp, correct and slightly british accent.
   "How many of them were there?" he said. "They cannot be tracing you through the aether, since that obviously does not work when regarding the spans we are talking about here. So I am guessing there were only a few."

True to Mel's suspicions, Stygian did not seem to notice her as he stepped back and leaned on her where she stood, as he would on a wall.
   "About a dozen. But there was a Kyriote with them. She tried to blow to the end, but I managed to stop her. Oddly, that seemed to affect me somehow," he said, "and the wolf boy over there." He was frowning, like he was thinking hard, trying to figure something out.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha was sipping some more tea to help swallow the food that she had in her mouth, though she still listened to the various conversations going on in the room.  Her eyes had begun to close with a somewhat tired expression, having been on her feet all day and not much time for it to register with her mind.  But one eye had been opened to regard Sal and her question.  There was a pause...it would definitely take the huntress a while to get used to the strangers.

Especially she listed to Stygian's explanation and there was a sudden reminder of the past events.  Just how helpful would it be if I said that the angel creatures wanted to bring ME back alive for some odd reason?  And when Stygian had "lended" me his powers...should I add that?  Or would it even matter...?  Bah, something tells me I'd just be used for bait or something.

She set the cup down on the table and hummed with thought, getting back to Sal.  "I guess I dappled in a bit of everything...but I'm not the fighting with hands-and-feet variety.  My specialty is enchanted weaponry."  She smirked.  "I can be quite deadly when it comes to stealth.  I don't know how common magic is where you come from, if it even exists...but just about everything I have is embued with a special power, moreover light energy and dark-seeking."  She looked over at Gareeku.  "Speaking of which, amigo, how are those aches and pains of yours?  I figure you might not need to wear the light bracer I've given you for much longer."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Before Gareeku had time to answer her though, Aisha heard something. It was faint, on the edge of hearing. But it was still clear to her, perhaps mostly because it didn't feel like a sound.
   ...she really shouldn't say something... it's not certain how much we can trust them...

KarlOmega1

*Karl was beginning to feel a bit hungry, so he walked over to the two fridges and open the first one*

Things inside the fridge: For the horde!

*Karl closes the door*

Karl: ... I need to find a better disguise for the interplanetary gate...that time it was opened to Azeroth...

*Karl opens the second fridge and finds some subs and drinks*

Karl: ahhh...here's the psychic fridge that holds food and drinks that you want...anyone want something to eat and drink? I have sub sandwiches and choice of Milk, soda...or for the demonic type...Nemesian Blood-sake.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Boog

Boogey continues to eat and take everything in. There's more of them in this organization, one of whom has been kidnapped recently. The red thing's important, and that's all they've given me to work with on the matter. These two probably aren't staying. He took another handful of assorted salty snacks from a bag he'd commandeered from the box that was being passed around earlier and gulped it down. I'll keep my head down. They need any info from me they'll say something, and in the meantime I'd rather not attract the attentions of these three; they don't seem too scrupulous when it comes to dealing with things I don't like and my core concepts aren't well enough anchored here for me to risk dying.
He chuckled to himself over Mel though. She's rather good at keeping that head of hers down. Nobody wants to notice the 800 ton dragon in the room.

e_voyager

e leans again the wall waiting taking not of everything thing but giving nothing in return. inside a fierce debate is raging  but he does not care about that. his aware mind was Scan the alpha transmissions similar to an alpha catch . he was looking for one mind in particular when he accidentally stumbled across Mel's mental frenquncy. he notes a undercurrent of anxiety in her mind and he softens a touch. on an narrow beam transmission he tries to set up a temporary ling with Mel. Boogey the though entity would have to wait a while longer. Mel are you okay" asks' E's minds his thought filled with concern.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel's one good eye widened a bit at the sudden communication but she otherwise remained still. "E? No, I'm okay. I just have a headache from my adventure with the bookcase and it's making me cranky and impatient." She paused then asked, "What do you think of the newcomers? Shoot first and question later doesn't exactly reassure me."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

e_voyager

e nos his only outward sight. i have to agree Mel.  they act too much like the blue dweeb and his kind. both so sure of themselves and confirm that they are right.  ha they both forget that the can be controlled but these two. the remind me more of viral drones the  cocky dogooder. it makes me worry that we'll have to fight them. whats worse it seems that if we don't fight them then they'll take over and try to make us drones so to speak but maybe it's paranoia on my part. he looks around and wonders if there is a way to get Mel out of here so she can treat her eye with out making a sense. a moment Mel if you well. there is some ones else i wish to ask for assistance  Mel hear static and a few of e's inner voices as the speak about procurers in dealing with Stygian friends  and a group called the "The Phalanx Covenant" and The Borg. E searches for  Boogyes mental frequency as well using a partitions off section of his mind as a meeting place. are you there thought entity   

Stygian

Something interrupted Mel and E's conversation.
   ...they are being pressured I know but that's no excuse can we stop wonder how she's doing...

Boog

Boogey, of course, felt like someone just poked his spine. For an entity made of thoughts, hurling psychic messages around can be risky. He shuddered and rolled his shoulders, like someone trying on a shirt that's too small across the shoulders.
YOW! Wrong frequency! Wrong frequency! I hear ya, but fix that or your messages are gonna be like nails on a chalkboard to me!

Stygian

Another cascade of thoughts hit Boogeyman's mind, this time even less coherent and all so strong, twisting in all different kinds of ways. E and Mel both perceived them as well, though they were slowly tuning out of "frequency", and Aisha heard them quite clearly. None could make much out of them, except some words in the cacophony. But they felt very confused, and somewhat uneasy.
   ...WHAT... HELL... GET... HEAD... HAPPENING... THIS... MY... NO...?!

e_voyager

as e softens his signal to a more of a receiving mode he notes and speaks to Mel an boogy. "it seems that were are on a party line. bet  be cogent." with a glancing around to the others  e  briefly wonders about shielding. " long story short Mel needs some time alone and i am wary of our new arrivals. can you help us with this?"

(ooc i wont be back until tomorrow afternoon sorry but i need to travel tonight and tomorrow.)

Gareeku

Noticing Aisha's expression, Gareeku frowned with concern slightly. It was then that he also heard the incoherent voice. Raising an eyebrow slightly, he listened as the voice spoke.
I guess more interesting events are headed our way... the wolf thought to himself as he listened. Though his telepathic abilities were not as strong as some of the others, it was still enough to hear the voice clearly.

KarlOmega1

*Karl takes out an Emerald brand Cola and drinks it down...however his mind also picks up on various frequencies*

Karl's mind: Humpf...everyone's act like a bunch of teens now...*hears Styg's shouting thought*...Crikey! What in Inferno?...ok everyone break frequency...and as for you, E...How's Mega/Rock anyway?

I'm a Skype User.

Aisha deCabre

While awaiting an answer to her inquiry, suddenly her head snapped upward.  Although the sound was pretty much assaulting everyone's minds moreover than their ears, Aisha still pinned hers against her head.  Sometimes it was loud enough that she had to resist the urge to cup her hands on her skull as if she were driving something away from inside.

Her head shook in an effort to get rid of the grating voice or voices, and she put her cup down on the tray, curling the tip of her tail outward to signal annoyance.  The panther wasn't exactly used to being telepathic...the mixed voices she tried to percieve one at a time, but it was almost impossible with her tired state of mind and the chaos that they brought, almost writhing away through the perceptions of those that could sense it.

"What in cielo's grace was that?" Aisha said through clenched fangs and cast a glare towards Stygian as if he knew something.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

"Was what?" said Salticia. "Is there something going on?" She stood back, looking bothered at how everyone was suddenly turning their heads and speaking about something she could not understand.

Stephen on the other hand seemed to perceive what was going on. He looked up and at Stygian with a strange expression on his face, examining him.
   "Are you all right?"

Stygian was looking composed, at least considering what was going on, but his face hinted at irritation and perhaps pain, and he brought one hand up to rub at his neck, then at his temple, as he shifted his stance and looked down on the floor. The psychic messages died down to a low, throbbing hum.
   "The Mouth. Was she intact when you brought her back?" he asked.
   "Yes," Stephen answered. "We found some marks from syringes and some little residue, but she was fairly intact."
   "Then I believe that we have our traitor. Moira."

Salticia moved against Stygian, folding her upper pair of arms under her breasts and planting the others on her hips.
   "I don't see how that works. Moira is powerful, yes, but she's been in the inner sanctum for nearly all of the time you've been gone. You know she couldn't contact anyone even if she wanted to. And the Mouth has not been anywhere near Neraux's places or minions until now, so she couldn't have passed on messages," she said. At this Stygian sniffed.
   "Don't you get it? The Mouth is Moira. She's been the whole time. And that thing, that doll she floats around, is probably tearing up our place right as we speak."

Salticia gaped. Stephen muttered as if this had been something he had calculated for, but had hoped would not happen. And Stygian laughed bitterly.
   Then, a veritable shockwave of psychic energy snapped out. The red little thing in Stephen's hand cracked and exploded like a bursting lightbulb, while Stygian stood for a moment. His eyes and nose started trickling blood, and he screamed and brought his hands to his head, sinking to his knees while shaking violently.
   It felt like a blade was scraped across the inside of your skull, like thousands of needles pushed into your head. The words and thoughts lashed out in all possible ways. It was horrid, and inescapable.

KarlOmega1

*karl jumped at the sound of the exploding hand and scream*

Karl: Mobian Butterbiscuits!!! what happened?!
I'm a Skype User.

e_voyager

E's frequency battered by the feedback but some how the link holds shielding and all.  good grief that was loud. are you two okay? e stats at the three tech organics being. " alright what the ell is going on?"
(back)

Boog

No, no I don't think I'm alright. Boogey massaged his temples and winced.
"Alright, what in the sparkley blue hell just happened?"

e_voyager

the Psionic equivalent to a banshee wail. not very pleasant to anything. e replies. Mel what about you are you okay?

Mel Dragonkitty

It wasn't pleasant, but my work has given me some barriers. Stygian seems to have taken a bad hit from it. How are Gareeku and Aisha?

e_voyager

I don't know i wasn't networked with  them. "karl, Ashia, Gareeku are you all alright?"

Aisha deCabre

After the horrid psychic blast, Aisha's calm composure finally broke down.  She was scrunched up a little, hands up to her head and futilely holding her ears closed.  The felid was snarling, her teeth almost grinding together.  This was like nothing she had ever experienced before...the worst demon with mind-grasping telepathy was like nothing compared to this.

Nonetheless shaky, she still responded, "estoy bien...S'okay, I'm fine...fine."

When it stopped, she started breathing again, albeit with harsh gasps.  Her eyes opened slowly and hesitatingly her claws had stopped digging into her scalp.  She looked around the room.  Those who could be affected were, almost with the same effect.  She watched with concern for whatever affect it had on Gareeku as well.  Stygian seemed the worst off, bleeding like the blast had snapped a vessel in there somewhere.

Aisha's hand shot down to her belt for her boomerang, eyes narrowing dangerously as she stood up.  "This is getting old..."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gareeku

"Nnnnugh...shit..." Gareeku growled, rising to his feet from his knees as he clutched his head with a snarling grimace on his head. "I'm fine..."

The pain had been unbearable, though he had not shed blood like Stygian had done. Even so, the wolf's eye's twitched slightly as the pain began to subside. "Damn it...what the hell was that...?"

Stygian

Stygian was still on his knees, moaning slightly. Another burst of thoughts came, less violent but longer and more piercing this time. You felt thoughts and feelings grating at you own, ones you knew weren't yours but that still slid over your mind, like oil spilling on water.
   You should have just died to start off with. Why was this pain so real? Oh god, what had you done to deserve this?! The nightmares were coming again. They were coming, and this time they would not leave you alone. You would kill yourself, over and over and over again, and you would enjoy it. You would delight in peeling your skin away, in snapping your bones and eating your own soul and raping your puny little mind like you deserved. Why couldn't you see? Hell, why couldn't you see?!

Stygian wailed again as he took his bloodied hands away from his head. Two dark holes stared out at them all, blood gushing along his cheeks. He had clawed his own eyes out.
   Over by the wall, the watch-thing started crackling again, as a dark tear formed along the wall.

Stephen was the only one who seemed aware of what was happening, but still unaffected by it. That "armor" of his had slid back on, and he was walking against Stygian. While he spoke, he reached inside his coat with his left hand, and made one of those short blades appear in his right.
   "I'm sorry things would turn out this way, Sebastian."

((OOC: I am now an emo boy! Hear me whine?!?))

Mel Dragonkitty

The second attack was different. The first had been pain, this one was poison. Nasty black emotions wiggling through the mind hunting for the hidden spots where their kind hid. Mel counted herself lucky that few of them were the kind that would set loose her own internal demons. Her issues were very different from those targeted. On a sigh she tried to relax, pulling free the claws that she had unconsciously driven through the floor during the pain attack.

She opened her eyes, or rather eye, to see how her companions were faring. Everyone immobile except Stygian at her feet. He was howling and bleeding, obviously the main target. Then she heard footsteps on her blind side. She turned her head just enough to see the male, Exel, approaching Stygian with a sword. His remarks made her think he knew what was going on. Mel held out a hand and asked, "Explain this..." She belatedly remembered that she was now a size where even casual gestures looked menacing and withdrew her hand, softly adding, "Please."

KarlOmega1

*Karl ended up colapsing on the floor due to the mental assault of thoughts...he was twitching like crazy*

Karl: ...ack! can't raise mental barrier! Mother!

*this was the first time anyone could have seen the fear on Karl's face*
I'm a Skype User.

Stygian

Stephen looked up at Mel, speaking frankly and quickly while still walking steadily forward, and then coming to a halt standing right beside Stygian, his arm outstretched with the side-handled blade in hand.
   "It is quite simple, really. He is suffering from some sort of feedback shock from interacting with those angels, obviously, and now it seems that Moira has led our enemies to us. I am going to kill him, and deny Neraux his prize, so we get to live and I get to take my revenge."
   He spun the blade around like a cutter as he raised it.

Stygian turned to look at Stephen, unseeing eyesockets glaring at him and the pulses of thought and pain growing steadier. He would kill you? He couldn't! That would not make the nightmares go away. He needed you! There was no one else who could win this! There was no other way to end the pain. There was no other possible way!

"It's possible. Believe it."

"Don't you dare!" Salticia screamed as she dove through the air against them. "Sebastian!"

Stephen didn't even move until the very last few hundredths of a second. Then, he exploded in swift and abrupt motion. The next moment Salticia was flying in the other direction, three of her arms severed and a huge gash in her chest. Stephen stopped as quickly as he had begun, standing ramrod straight with one arm on his back and the other holding his sword in a perfect upwards angle.
   "Sorry dear. Consider that my farewell gift to you."