The Milk and Cookies Incident (IC, open)

Started by Lady Buggery, October 17, 2008, 12:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azlan

Bryden nodded slowly as the others spoke.  While the others considered what to do, the fox angel remembered what he had originally come here for.

Waving down one of the servers vigorously, "please I would like some strawberry spice tea, fairly hot and bring some honey."

Bry considered what he might need to undertake this quest, he really had never been off on an adventure, nor had he run afoul of creature hunting beings.  Thankfully he was on break from university and would have a good amount of time to himself.

"I will need some equipment... and probably a sword or staff... hmmm, too bad that blue vixen took that staff I found, it looked sturdy for fighting."

His tea arrived, the fox sniffed it then sipped it a bit before deciding to add some honey.  He sat quietly, enjoying his tasty, warm drink.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

e_voyager

To Eric the newcomer seemed rude. perhaps it was arrogance born form his belief in his own power perhaps it was something more. still it mattered not and he order a fruit salad and decided he would slip away to get some rest when they were done discussing strategy. he could move to their table but that was closer then he wanted to be in the condition that his disguise was in. he wondered how many here were dimension displaced and how many were simply translocated from elsewhere on the planet. it didn't really matter right now but it would be interesting to know.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kipiru

That badly covered trans-dimensional being didn't seem like he approved of him much. But it was better this way, let them think he was some rude bruiser full of himself. Better that then the truth. As far as preparations went- the sword on Kipiru's back was all he needed. His faithful companion in so many adventures had never let him down.
  Kipiru grabbed the burger with one hand and swayed back on his chair as he started munching loudly.

Kitsune Ascendant

Kari finished a rack of ribs among her order, and decided that the next course could wait for a bit. She wanted to talk with this stranger she had mentally tagged as "wraps". She walked over to Eric's table, and quietly asked

"mind if I join you here?"
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

e_voyager

Eric was surpized by this turn of events even as his salad had arrived. running his hand over his face he mutters a quick prayer/ spell to obscure his appearance magically before answering. "if you wish you may, though you did catch me off guard " he looked at the person before him and for a moment was reminded of someone he knew. this was not them but his impressions usually meant something. "How may i call you miss...?"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Kitsune Ascendant

"Most call me saya" she said, as she sat down. For the moment, she chose not to comment on the obscuring spell, trusting that he had his reasons.  "What about you? What's your name?"
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

e_voyager

"Saya.?" Eric rolled the name around in his head. he'd heard it before the name of a vampire girl back in the sol system but she was not really dangerous to humans. but that was years ago and literally worlds away.  "many call me voyager or the voyager after my family's chosen name, profession and affliction as it were. i simply go by the name Eric or sometimes just e if they've met my family before" He smile as the look in her eyes told him that she wasn't fooled but his spelled attempt to blend in. "but that can wait. tell me whats on your mind"

Lady Buggery

Roya shivered in the presence of so much outgoing energy. Everyone seemed to have a strong opinion of what just happened, for better or for ill. But Roya didn't know what to think, but she did know one thing: This was certainly a grand test that she couldn't afford to pass on.

"Maybe this is what the elders meant..." The mumbled aloud as she took one of the satchels. She looked to the brood that would be her travel mates and shivered. All of them seemed threatening to her, and while she had found the courage to take up her quest, she somehow lost it in the face of so many canids and felines. She sat in isolation poking at her food a moment before realizing it had gone cold. She called for the waiter for some more hot chai but her call went unnoticed in the now rowdy room. She called again, and in her frustration, she waved her hand in the air. In and instant, a black buzzing ball erupted from her palm. It narrowly missed the waiter (who ducked just in the nick of time) striking a nearby wall hanging. The hanging buzzed for a moment before its form completely changed shape into a rubber duckie before hitting the floor. The whole room went quiet and all eyes were focused on Roya.

"Um...c-can I g-get some more tea please?"

Noone

Kassin, who happened to be sitting quite close to Roya, nearly jumped out of his seat with fright as she let loose a black buzzing ball. He took a few minutes to calm down after the display, wrapping his wings around himself, as he was still battered and fatigued. The thought that the cafe preferred to serve paying customers rather than himself occurred to him, even though he was the second customer in his place.
Kassin raised his head after some moments of staring intently at the table counter. He blinked his eyes and sighed at what he was about to say.
"I would hate to break it to you all, but..." He closed his eyes and shook his head, then continued. "whoever that was,... he has given us no leads as to where to start, nor has he given us any reason to trust him, for all we know he could be leading us into a trap."
He sighed to himself again, though odds are, he would have to go follow whomever that person was. The thought didn't appeal to him. ::I still haven't found out where I am,:: he thought, ::I might want to ask where I am and how far from home I am, I still have a lot of unanswered questions about last night..::. His thoughts trailed off in speculation.

Kitsune Ascendant

"Well, it has to do with why I'm here. I'm rather lost in the dimensions, which is kind of a problem since I have no plane-traveling abilities."

Corgatha Taldorthar

The chaos.  At once it was irritating, a red flash behind the backs of Ordlen's eyes, burning out all the potential, all the efficiency in the room; and a glistening opportunity, tempting his hands to simply reach out and grab, take, possess. Everything was so loose, it seemed like Ordlen could swindle his way into whatever amounts of cash he desired.

What a pity I decided I would be prusuing art, not opportunity today. Such a shame, such a shame. But we need some focus. A moment later, he heard the angel's utterance through the room's babble. "You make a point Angel. We really do have no place to start looking for this staff. But remember what he said. We're being sought. Unfortunately, I've dealt with that sort of Wizard before, and I know enough to realize their effects on probability." Waving to indicate the red bird girl, Ordlen continued. "Now, he mentioned those satchels as a down payment, which implies a payment upon recovery of the items. Why share the wealth? We let feather boy here rest, recuperate, or if we're in a hurry, I'm sure that a few of the healers in this town would love a lovely emerald to wash away his fatigue, and the three of us go off on our normal business. I gather we're all at loose ends, so we're not damaging too much, and we hunt for magical thefts. What say you all?"
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Kitsune Ascendant

Saya glanced around the room before continuing
"You see, a long time ago I was pulled from my home plane. Still not sure if it was just a freak accident or if someone was behind it.. Anyways, with no dimension-hopping abilities of my own, I had to find someone who could portal me out. That first time's when I found out about the curse. I'm not sure how much you know about dimensional travel..."

e_voyager

comprehension dawns on Eric. he smiled. this was better then some wizard's quest. still he ha made a commitment and he would see it through but maybe later... " have you seen many dimensions" he asked looking and his future quest companion. For him traveling dimensions was so easy that it sometimes happened in his sleep. controlling it on the other hand. well surface it to say that he was not his father his uncle or even as adept as many of his cousins. some of them traveled time as well but time travel had always made his sick.

Kitsune Ascendant

"probably only 40 or so. Some of them I was only in for a few months, others multiple years. I was stuck in one for a good ten years near the start of this whole thing. The people there were nice, if a bit simple, but the nighttime wildlife was downright weird. The moving shadows were bad enough the first night, but  when I started seeing technicolor rabbits and the "partial animals" I began to wonder if there was something in the air." Saya shuddered "I still have nightmares about the ravens. somehow, those creepy four-eyed ones are even scarier when they're hot pink"

e_voyager

Erice laughed. " i'm sorry fringes but it sounds like you temporarily entered some Psi-planes. they aren't quite normal but that's tells me you not a normal biological being . you probably have vast mental abilities , spiritual magics, multiple life forces/ personnalites or any combination of they above as those attributes allows one to live in a psi-plane" as he wiped his eyes some of his make up comes off with his gloved hand.

Eric looked at his hand and sighed. "do excuse the disguise but my kind tend to be rare in locations were i and pulled with out proper warning. as for inter-dimensional travel it's easy to me. runs in the family blood or not. "e smiled. " it's so easy in facet i could travel dimensions i my sleep. no joke. the joke is that when i wake up i never know why i'm where i am. truth be told i was sleep until about an hour and a half ago when i woke up on the roof of this very building. i thought i knew why when the  orb spoke but it seems i was wrong. i may be here to help you more then find this graduation present."

Kitsune Ascendant

Saya smiled. "It would be nice not to have to search for a way off dimension every time I d-jumped. And hopefully fewer landings where I end up ten feet above a tree miles from anything remotely resembling civilization."

e_voyager

Eric smiled. "ah the flying landing wake up call. i've heard of a few of them but that's what comes from D jumping in your sleep. it's not always a consciousness things for my clan.  what happens is that the pull of somewhere else's becomes stronger then the forces grounding us to our current location. they say that or original ancestor comes of with a name; voyager eternal, voyager energy, the exceptional voyager  or some such nonsense because  no matter how often he comes home he'd be off on another voyager before he knew it. but don't worry as long as i'm woke i'll lade us on face ground. i don't promise that civilizations will always be near but i have a knack for arrive in safe locations. the only problem is i don't always know were i'm going exactly."

he look off into the distance. "It's not as easy are you may thing navigating all of the worlds out there. you many not know this but my home world orbits in the sol system. i've left it often enough but when i try to come back i fine that's it's a completely different world then where i left. same basic planet but the there are peoples flying or peoples with technology that was hundred of years either  before or after my own time frame. it's taken me as many as 20 jumps to reach my own world just within the sol system so trust me i understand what you may be feeling."

what he does not say what he is thinking is {' but if we can fine you world then we can fine you're dimension. and my only knack fore safe landings will prevent us from landing in and dead/ destroyed versions of your world while dimensions hunting. '}

Erice looked hungry's at his salad. " have you roded you meal yet?" he asked waiting before he touched his own fruit.

Kitsune Ascendant

"Oh, that's right. My meal" Saya called the waitress and asked that the rest of her meal start being sent. a few moments later, the waitress returned with a basket of chicken wings and several small bowls of soup.

"Anyways, I've managed to pick up a reasonable understanding of dimensional travel from various sources. Mostly general stuff like the parallel worlds, and layers. I remember layers being important. Something about my home plane being on a different layer of reality or something?..." saya trailed off as her stomach started grumbling, then went through the entire basket of chicken wings and half the soups in the span of a few minutes. "Sorry. I think the last jump fed from my own magical energy or something, and my body's doing overdrive to compensate. "

e_voyager

Eric smiled and nodded as he worked on his fruit bowl. "don't worry i understand. in my case it's more of a magnetic pull. a call if you were but i can guide it if i wish but i really never worry about where i'm going. my cousins have told me i really new to develop my guidance abilities and i think i'll work on that after this quest." Eric thong about it.

tell me short of dragon have you ever run around some nearly hairless primates that lack shape shifting abilities?

Kitsune Ascendant

Saya thought for a moment while sipping from the last bowl of soup. "I think  some of the dimensions near my home plane had some. Humans, or something like that? Anyways, they didn't have any innate shapeshifter's gift, but the magic concentration was usually high enough that if one wished to they could learn spells. I've also seen variants on...about 10 of the dimensions I've hit since getting lost."

e_voyager

Eric nodded. "yes thats them. they are very unusual spices. both they destroy and create. it's like they balance things in their universe. i've seen them destroy planets and build machines that build live worlds form space dust." he shivered. "i studied under some that defend their worlds from beings that were extremely powerful. so powerful they could destroy the world beneath their feet many times over and while i got stronger i'm not nearly bas strong as they were." he smiled "there was a cost for there power mind you. they need to eat massive amounts of food and push their bodies so far beyond normal it is like putting  dragon in the body of a squirrel but not diminishing it's power or it's appetite..." he waited. for a response. " i spend 5 years on that world and died twice but on that world they had a magic system to bring people back to life... i hope you never have to visit there during a time of war"

Kitsune Ascendant

"Blowing up an entire planet? That's quite a bit of power, I must say. Not sure I'd trust myself with that kind of strength. And I have enough trouble keeping up with my apetite as is, sometimes."
Suddenly, saya felt a rather teltale tingling down her spine. Within moments, she began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. "Damn...I hoped this wouldn't happen for a while." Saya now had to prop her arm on the table to support her head, and her strength was quickly fading. With the last of her concentration, she managed "You'll have to fill him in... And tell him food's...on the way."
Just as she finished the space around her seemed to compress and twist, unfolding to reveal a male kitsune. His fur, a deep black, was not as fluffy as saya's, but was still fairly long and smooth. It was a few moments before he lifted his head from the table. He shook his head, before opening his eyes.
"Ugh...There has got to be a better way for that to happen"

e_voyager

Eric eye's opened wide.  almost instinctively he called for saya with his mind  reaching for the person he'd just been  speaking with even as he watched her bing replaced by someone else. "Greetings i and Eric you my call me E if you wish." he smiled and offered his hand. "you other says that the food is on the way. you have been drafted into a mission to recover a gradation present. oh and when the mission is over the was talk of trying to find you home dimensions. i'm good at traveling the dimensions but i'm not so good at navigating them as i am simply traveling and finding safe ports as it were. do you have any question or suggestions?"

this was interesting to unique souls in one corporal form. this would bear careful watching.

Kitsune Ascendant

"Sounds like saya's been busy. Name's vash, by the way."

Kipiru

Bored by the interdimensional gibberish between the split personality one and the badly masked one, Kipiru stood up and walked up to the red bird girl, who was still shocked by the whateveritwas that came out of her hand and was shivering slightly in her place. Kipiru lurched over her and tapped her on the head with his finger:
   - Hey there Red, I don't know why but i do believe you have a somewhat more significant role in this than even you realize. I for one am itching to get going on this, so if you have anything to say to us just get out with it.
    And without asking permission he pulled a chair and sat next to Roya, continuing to stair at her in wait for her reaction.

Noone

Kassin stared down at the table. His head still hurt, conflicted as to whether to follow whomever that person was. Time wasn't on his side, he was low on funds in unfamiliar territory, if he spent too long here, he might risk running out of resources and be unable to return home, wherever that is.
He turned back to the mink. "Whoever that was gave us no reason to trust him either, he gave us a down payment sure, but he may be trying to string us like puppets into doing his bidding, or could be leading us straight into a trap, and it's also possible he was completely incorrect when he said that we're being sought, or lying about it." He thought quietly to himself, he knew of no one other than his siblings who would have something against him, and they wouldn't go so far as to kill him, and found that the probability of this gathering here would all have people after them.
He then remembered about his primary objective: to get home. :: Whether I chase after whomever that was or not really depends on that, if I don't have the resources to get home, I'll likely need them, and if he brought me here... I don't think going home is an option, he could bring me right back, and such a gesture may be dangerous. Adventurers who find me on the roads are probably going to swing blades first and ask questions later. :: He cut his trail of thought, and then mustered the courage to ask those at his table for some help. "Pardon me, " he asked quietly, "but would anyone here know where I could get a map of this region?"

e_voyager

"Vash" said Eric nodding and noticing the extent of the physical change. " do you know were you other goes when this happens or were you come from? " as an after thought he re asks if there are any questions up to this point.

Kitsune Ascendant

"It's not really a coming/going thing...More one of us taking over. We're still both here and her" Vash tapped his head and chest. "Somehow, the body responds to whoever's in control. At least, that's how I was told this all works. Not sure if anyone knows the details that well."

e_voyager

Eric nod. "i'm guessing from that statement that you two are unaware of whats going on when you're not in control. as for were you go if you have no memories or awareness then your consciousness may be sleep inside of the other. i've seen it before but it is extremely rare and rarely a natural condition are yours seem to be.. but do excuse me. there is something i need to attend to. "

with that Eric heads into the restroom to fix his disguise.

Kitsune Ascendant

While Vash waited for eric to return, he thought of what he had been told.
"So we've finally found a dimensional traveler. No more relying on one-time portals to places we have no clue about. Perhaps a way home?" While Vash pondered this, a plate of burritos arrived at the table. He dug in, and his thoughts turned to the more immediate issue of the quest. All he had to go on, was that they were looking for a stolen graduation present. When Eric got back vash asked
"So how much do we know about this graduation present we're supposed to recover?"