memorable lines

Started by thegayhare, October 12, 2008, 09:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

"Irgon. One of my best."
"If you say so."
  -- Lord Marshal and Riddick, The Chronicles of Riddick.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Venezuela has no extradition treaty with the US.
― The Spanish Prisoner

Venezuela has no extradition treaty with the US.
― Burn After Reading

Interestingly, Venezuela does in fact have an extradition treaty with the US.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Janus Whitefurr

"Have I killed people? Sure. Did I kill Zeke? No. You got the wrong killer." ~ Richard B. Riddick, Pitch Black (and the better movie. :b)

And while I can't quote it verbatim, the last fight with Gideon in Blood II has him reel off a long list of atrocities and painful things he will inflict. Caleb's only response is a "How nice. I'll watch." and an infuriated Gideon roars at him "I meant (I'd use them on) YOU!". Teehee.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, sure. Pitch Black is much better. But it wasn't on TV last night. ;-]

Tapewolf

"I'm a mad animal.  I am a thousand years old and in my time I have helped commit more than a million murders."
--One of the lunatics, The Myrat-Sade

"Tonight, the sun sets forever.  There will never be another dawn."
--Darkness (played by Tim Curry), Legend

"Space Trucking?  I was driving in my car about 7 or 8 years ago, and I got in, turned the radio on and it was playing some music, and I went 'Ooh, I like this!' and I turned it up and it was that split second before I realised it was us."
--Roger Glover, Deep Purple

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TheGreyRonin

All-time favorite line; I'm fairly certain you've gotten tired of me quoting it on here.

"Your family and I go back a long way, Lady,' he said. "Did you know that I shot your father on Melpomene? Between the eyes, so that he could see it coming." - Joachim Steuben, Butcher's Bill

Nikki

"Here's Looking at you, Kid."
-Casablanca, i think..not sure so feel free to correct me =3

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Corgatha Taldorthar

Nope, that's Casablanca. It has some other memorables.......

"I am shocked, shocked, that there is gambling in this establishment." *Croupier approaches the police major* "Your winnings sir."

"Round up the usual suspects"

"We'll always have Paris."

And I'll put in three from games too.

"Behold, my long silence is now broken, and I am made whole once more. The cunning Protoss have dared strike down that which was immortal. For the Protoss who murdered Zasz are unlike anything we have faced before. These Dark Templar radiate energies that are much like my own, and it is by these energies that they have caused me harm. Yet shall their overweening pride be their downfall. For when the assassin Zeratul murdered Zasz, his mind touched with mine, and all his secrets were made known to me. I have taken from his mind the secret location of Aiur, the Protoss Homeworld. At long last, my children, our searching is done.  We shall be........... Perfect.

Starcraft, the Overmind.

"I CAN FORGE PLANES WITH MY POWER, I CAN UNMAKE YOU!"
Planescape: Torment, The Transcendant One

The last one is a monologue from a very obscure engine called Blades of Exile, with the scenario called Signs and Portents.

"You have a choice Kaleb, and you must make it now. You know what you have, and what good it can do. You are not the only one who knows this, and the forces that you threaten will intervene, if you give them time.

You can go to Corinth, but all that you have fought for, all that you have sacrificed for, all your hopes and all that share your dreams, will end. THe pain, the horror, the death, the destruction, will continue forever.

Or you can come with me, now, and we can make forever end."
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Cvstos

Judge: "Freakazoid, you are hereby charged with acting like a total idiot. How do you plead?"
Freakazoid: "Guilty as charged. Now someone call me a lawyer!!"
Guard: "OK, you're a lawyer."
Freakazoid: "Thank you!"
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Ryudo Lee

I just remembered another one from Blood 2.

*Caleb finds an abandoned building but finds the door locked. He presses the intercom.*
CIVILIAN: Who is it?
CALEB: EVERYBODY DIES!
CIVILIAN: Really? Cool. I'm buzzing you in.
(Door opens)
CALEB: Now, where did all those gun-toting madmen get to?

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Corgatha Taldorthar

Haven't seen a Freakazoid one in a loooooooooong while. I think my favorite exchange from that one was..

"Dumb dumb dumb! Never tell the villian how to trap you in a cage!"

"You probably shouldn't have helped us build it, either."

Freakazoid and Dr Guitierrez, in the heroboy episode.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 23, 2008, 07:54:52 PM

<Gideon and company test the Singularity Generator for the first time to try and blast Caleb. Instead, a portal opens, and Caleb's old ally Gabe emerges instead.>
GABE: "Caleb?"
CALEB: "Gabriel?"
GABE: "Gabriella. It's a long story.
CALEB: "Save it for someone who cares."
GABE: "Is that any way to greet an old friend?"
CALEB: "Things have changed, but I don't need to tell you that."
GABE: "I have to go with you, find out what's going on."
CALEB: "You're not my type"
GABE: "Looked in the mirror lately? You're no cat yourself."
<Gabe vanishes>

And of course from the first levels.

<Caleb activates the phone.>
TELEMARKETER: "Good morning / afternoon / evening Mister Cal-eeb. We're from a market research firm and we're doing a survey on computer games? Now this is not an attempt to devalue anything. Okay, first question: are you currently or have you ever been a character in a computer game?"
CALEB: "....you've gotta be kidding."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Cvstos

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on October 24, 2008, 02:27:54 AM
Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 23, 2008, 07:54:52 PM

<Gideon and company test the Singularity Generator for the first time to try and blast Caleb. Instead, a portal opens, and Caleb's old ally Gabe emerges instead.>
GABE: "Caleb?"
CALEB: "Gabriel?"
GABE: "Gabriella. It's a long story.
CALEB: "Save it for someone who cares."
GABE: "Is that any way to greet an old friend?"
CALEB: "Things have changed, but I don't need to tell you that."
GABE: "I have to go with you, find out what's going on."
CALEB: "You're not my type"
GABE: "Looked in the mirror lately? You're no cat yourself."
<Gabe vanishes>

And of course from the first levels.

<Caleb activates the phone.>
TELEMARKETER: "Good morning / afternoon / evening Mister Cal-eeb. We're from a market research firm and we're doing a survey on computer games? Now this is not an attempt to devalue anything. Okay, first question: are you currently or have you ever been a character in a computer game?"
CALEB: "....you've gotta be kidding."

I remember all that. I enjoyed Blood and Blood 2. Good classic "twitch" shooters. But Blood 2 was buggy as hell. Never did get the expansion to run right, and the patches just made it WORSE.

I love the "You let me live" line.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Ryudo Lee

Well the latest 2.1 patch makes Blood 2 playable again.  I haven't put Nightmares on top of it yet. 

A couple more lines...

(First time in the laundromat area, a woman is standing next to a washing machine that has a man's legs sticking out of it, all bloody)
I dunno, he just stuck his head in too far, I guess.

(Caleb enters a gun store)
Store Owner: Hey no guns allowed in here buddy... unless you buy them from me.

(When talking to a male civilian)
Are you gonna bark all day little doggy, or are you gonna bite?

(Randomly said after killing an enemy)
Ahh, did I hurt your feelings?
Another notch on the barrel.
You kids better not play rough.  Someone's gonna start crying.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Corgatha Taldorthar

There was this one snippet of dialogue in "The Guns of Avalon" that Janus reminded me of.

Corwin: "I recall you once telling me that you stabbed a man in the back for a pair of shoes"

Ganelon: "Yeah, but that was different"

Corwin: "How so?"

Ganelon: "I got away with it."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehe. Roger Zelazny has some good lines.

As I was finishing, I heard a crashing noise. A horned and tusked purple thing went racing along the ridge to my right pursued by a hairless orange-skinned creature with long claws and a forked tail. Both were wailing in different keys.

I nodded. It was just one damned thing after another.

Sunblink

Anything from Schindler's List. God, that movie is fucking amazing. But I particularly loved:
"This list is an absolute good. The list is life."
and
"I pardon you."

From the movie Clue:
"But, he was your second husband. Your first husband also disappeared."
"But that was his job. He was an illusionist."
"But he never reappeared!"
"He wasn't a very good illusionist."

And from Super Troopers, which I've never actually seen:
"But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun."
"Yeah, his shenanigans are cruel and tragic."
"Which wouldn't make them shenanigans, at all, really."
"Evil shenanigans!"
"I swear to God, I'll pistol whip the next guy that says 'shenanigans!'"

From Phoenix Wright:
"Witness, you've had a rough day. Shut your pie hole." - Manfred von Karma

"What are you going to do once the nurse's spirit has been called?"
"Isn't it obvious? I'm going to have her write a signed confession."
"A signed confession?"
"Yes, a confession. Pay attention! I'll have her write this: 'One year ago, on May 2nd, 14 patients died due to my negligence. And then, on May 24th, I fell asleep at the wheel and died in a car accident due to my further negligence. I'm sorry and I apologize for being negligent.'" - Phoenix Wright and Dr. Turner Grey

Janus Whitefurr

Confident.
Cocky.
Lazy.
Dead.

~ Johnny "Dread" Wulgaru's motto, from the Otherland quartet by Tad Williams.
~~ Also spoken by another character, when Dread makes a big mistake in the endgame.

Tapewolf

Just thought of a couple of good ones from The Prisoner

"Be Seeing You."
"No!  I'll be seeing you!"
--No.6 and No.2, 'Once Upon A Time'

"You"
"Have"
"Just"
"Been"
"Poisoned"
--Message at the bottom of the beer glass, 'The girl who was Death'

Aisha deCabre

Can we do ones from webcomics? :3  This one in particular from RHJunior's Camp Calomine made me laugh:

"Uh-oh.  Charles, I forgot the Indian nature chant..."

"Here, I wrote it down."

"Thanks, dude.  All together now: AI-YAM-SOE-FWEE-KING-WEE-TAW-DED.........Oh I'm going to kick your...!"

As for books, I used to be a rather big Animorphs fan.  This quote stuck out in my mind from one book as hilarious:

(Pointing it out about the enemy they fight...) "They will never compromise anyway.  They must be forced back to their own home world."

(Said in distaste of their plan...) "Yeah, so we feed them addictive drugs."

(Explosion.)  "IT'S OAT-FREAKIN'-MEAL!"

I may think of movie ones later. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tapewolf

Darkstar has some good ones:

"Storage area nine self-destructed last week, destroying the entire ship's supply of toilet paper."
--Ship's log

"Now it's time to go sleepy-bye, you worthless piece of garbage."
--Pinback, to the pet alien

...and of course, Pinback's famous conversation with Bomb #20:

"Alright, Bomb.  Prepare to receive new orders."
"You are false data."
"Uh?"
"Therefore I shall ignore you."
"Hello... Bomb?"
"False data can act only as a distraction.  The only thing that exists is myself."
"Snap out of it, Bomb..."
"In the beginning there was darkness and the darkness was without form and void..."
"Yoohoo... Bomb...?"
"In addition to the darkness there was also me.  And I moved upon the face of the darkness and I saw that I was alone."
"Hey... Bomb?"
"Let there be light.'

Jer-oh-me

'Mull-tee-paass!'

'Why'd it have to be snakes?'

'Big damn heroes sir!'

'No crackers, Grommit! We've forgotten the crackers!'

'Get away from her you bitch!'

'Remember, the enemy's gate is down.'
Those just lept to mind, I thought it'd be lame to use the ones in my signature.

Cvstos

IGNPC: Finally, why are there armored bears and killer dolphins in the Red Alert universe?

Chris Corry, Exec Producer of Red Alert 3: When someone gives you a bucket full of awesome, do you ask why? No! You dunk your head into the bucket and inhale deeply.

And a few from Bleach:

Hitusgaya:
Don't be stupid.
Staying back isn't enough.
Freaking Disappear Kira!

Byakuya Kuchiki: "You are slow, even when falling."

Don Kan'onji: SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU! BWHAHAHAHA!

Aizen: Admiration is a feeling furthest away from understanding.

Hitsugaya: Aizen, I will kill you.
Aizen: Don't use such strong words. It makes you look weak.

Ichigo: That freaking cat is talking!

-------------------------

And now one of the best Bleach quotes ever, from Kiske Urahara.

Urahara to Ichigo: What a disgrace. I press you a little and you fall apart!
Look at yourself! It's disgusting!!
When you evade, it's "I'm afraid to be killed!"
When you attack, it's "I'm afraid to kill!"
Even when you're protecting someone it's "I'm afraid she'll die!"

Your sword speaks only of fear.

That's all wrong. Fear won't bring you victory in battle.
Nothing is born of fear.

If you evade, it should be "He's not going to kill me!"
If you're protecting someone, it's "I won't let her be killed!"
If you're attacking, it's "KILL!"

See? Do you hear what my sword resonates with?

It's the resolve to kill you!

Rakala

From the IronClaw RPG main rule book.

"Being on fire is distracting."

techmaster-glitch

"Don't forget you hat, Mr. Angier."
"Which one's my hat?"
"They are all your hats, Mr. Angier."
-The Prestige

Dannysaysnoo

Tapewolf

Voice: "NEEVA...!  NEEVA...!"
Doctor: "I'm sorry.  Neeva's not at home right now.  Can I take a message?"
Voice: "At last... Us!"
Doctor: "Us?"
Voice: "You... Me... Us... We... at last, I shall be free of Us!"
Doctor: "Who is this?"
Voice: "Don't I know?"
Doctor: "Whose voice did that remind you of?"
Leela: "Why, it was your.... How can that be!?"
Doctor: "More to the point, who can that be?"
--Dr. Who - Face of Evil

"Many millions of megabytes of data were lost during the Great Meteoroid Storm."
--ANGEL/2, EarthSearch

Sunblink

Recently remembered from The Angry Beavers:

[Norbert is pretending to be sick; Dagget is catering to his every whim. He enters the house, dragging something on a rope, and after a massive effort, manages to pull it in. A giant glowing moon crashes through the house's wall]

"No, Dagget. I meant the other moon of Jupiter." - Norbert

Quote from: Alondro on October 14, 2008, 08:14:34 PM
"Are you from Texas?  Only steers and queers come from Texas and you don't look like a steer so that pretty much narrows it down!"  Full Metal Jacket

God, Alondro, you just reminded me. :c

"I'm from Quahog."
"They only got two things in Quahog: steers and queers. I don't see any horns on you, so what does that make you, boy?"
"Queer?"

- Family Guy, "Saving Private Brian"

Alondro

Hee hee,  "Clue" had so many great comedic lines.

Mr. Green, "I'm what you call a plant."
Miss Scarlet, "I though guys like you were usually called a fruit."

"Don't deny it!"
"I'm not denying anything!"
"Another denial!"

"And monkey's brains, though popular in Cantonese cuisine, are not often to be found in Washington DC!"
"Is that what we ate?  Urp..."

And let us not forget the king of zing, Groucho Marx.

From "Duck Soup", to Mrs. Teasedale, "I can see you slaving over a hot stove... although I can't see the stove."

"Did he leave you any money?  If so, how much?  Answer the second question first."

"You have a face like a baboons!  I'm sorry I said that, it's an insult to the rest of the baboons."
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Jer-oh-me

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 27, 2008, 03:51:31 PM
Recently remembered from The Angry Beavers:

[Norbert is pretending to be sick; Dagget is catering to his every whim. He enters the house, dragging something on a rope, and after a massive effort, manages to pull it in. A giant glowing moon crashes through the house's wall]

"No, Dagget. I meant the other moon of Jupiter." - Norbert

Quote from: Alondro on October 14, 2008, 08:14:34 PM
"Are you from Texas?  Only steers and queers come from Texas and you don't look like a steer so that pretty much narrows it down!"  Full Metal Jacket

God, Alondro, you just reminded me. :c

"I'm from Quahog."
"They only got two things in Quahog: steers and queers. I don't see any horns on you, so what does that make you, boy?"
"Queer?"

- Family Guy, "Saving Private Brian"

"Well, perhaps we should exchange monosyllabic assertions of arrogance in person." -Stewie Griffin (Although I'm not sure assertions is right, I can't find the exact quote)