09/30/08 [Perfect Date Cover] - Mukucookies

Started by AndersW, September 29, 2008, 10:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Quote from: Mowser on September 30, 2008, 09:58:13 PM
No method is cheating if there are no rules defined. 

Indeed. Though unfortunately if people are going to gloat about their method of finding it as cheating...then I suppose I shall in future time takes steps to prevent said methods from being used.  You guys are only shooting yourselves in the foot really.

Part of the whole point of the secret pages is not only to offer bonus stuff for peeps who know where to look...but to also try to get people interactive and active. I highly encourage people to share the secret pages they found. The only requirement is that you are not suppose to post it directly on the forums.

I honestly do not care about the method of finding, be it via a friend, careful searching, random luck, or more dramatic site-bending means. But if people are going to treat their methods as somehow "cheating the system"...then I am going to counter-act in equal measure.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... And if she runs out of ingenuity, I have some to spare. *smiles sweetly*

Having said that, if anyone really is stuck, they can always PM me for a hint or three.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

mopman

Okies before I start chewing on my mouse cord is this something somewhere on some page that needs to be clicked on ? if this is too much of a hint then please ignore it but my wrist is killing me. :U
" Man is the only animal that blushes - Or needs to " Mark Twain

Siren

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2008, 11:49:40 PM
Having said that, if anyone really is stuck, they can always PM me for a hint or three.

My saviour!  :bow
I know I did the same thing with the last secret pages, but my detecting skills are seriously lax.
@ Lowde: You feel pathetic? Look at me and give thanks. If ever there was the perfect amalgamation of Inspectors Gadget and Cluseau, I'm it.

@ llearch: I swear, if you give me a hint that could help even in the slightest, i will become your faithful vassal. I'll even put a worshipful statement of your choice in my signature, I'm not kidding.
....those of you who did not take the above statement seriously don't know me very well. When I promise something, I'll do it no matter what.  :zombiekun2

Feather Dancer

I'll give one hint myself, Amber has mentioned where you can look for ONE of them which was in her news post yesterday but you still have to find it yourself :) I can't believe I missed the second page, I even looked where it was. Whoops aha.

But since that post isn't in view now... test of memory perhaps?
Notalope, making all worries as tasty as pineapples.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Feather Dancer on October 01, 2008, 05:28:34 AM
I'll give one hint myself, Amber has mentioned where to look for ONE of them which was in her news post yesterday
Fat lot of good that does us now, eh?  :rolleyes

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Feather Dancer

It's a test of your memory skills, or if you read the whole thing... Never occured to me to look there myself and there it was when I had a nudge, go fig. Sides it's no fun telling exactly where to look if you specifically ask for hints is it? Sometimes you just have to do Prince of Persia impressions and fling yourself off things a few times then wonder how the hell it didn't occur to you to look there sooner :3

I found one of the original pages by sheer accident as I thought it was a mistake, it's certainly doable and it is good fun looking. And yes I admit I tried link things like those Jack riddles before anything else which was a bust aha.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 01, 2008, 05:29:38 AM
Quote from: Feather Dancer on October 01, 2008, 05:28:34 AM
I'll give one hint myself, Amber has mentioned where to look for ONE of them which was in her news post yesterday
Fat lot of good that does us now, eh?  :rolleyes

For those who missed it, she said that the final Hybrid Genetics post was moved to the Demo 101 page, and that there was another update somewhere else in the site. She also mentioned that she was looking forward to the current update schema, I think, and that things would be entertainingly interesting keeping up with it.

Unless I'm mixing my memory with previous days, which is possible.

I presume that the same restrictions apply to this one as to the previous two, though. After all, once you've found it, it's not fair to ruin it for everyone else. ;-]

Tapewolf

Sneaky.  I had wondered if it would be something along those lines.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 30, 2008, 10:14:36 PM
Quote from: Mowser on September 30, 2008, 09:58:13 PM
No method is cheating if there are no rules defined. 

Indeed. Though unfortunately if people are going to gloat about their method of finding it as cheating...then I suppose I shall in future time takes steps to prevent said methods from being used.  You guys are only shooting yourselves in the foot really.

I honestly do not care about the method of finding, be it via a friend, careful searching, random luck, or more dramatic site-bending means. But if people are going to treat their methods as somehow "cheating the system"...then I am going to counter-act in equal measure.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 30, 2008, 11:49:40 PM
... And if she runs out of ingenuity, I have some to spare. *smiles sweetly*

You're all going to hate me for this but I have to admit, I got a giddy feeling of excitement when reading these.  Few things are more sweet than a well earned secret.

Feather Dancer

llearch n'n'daCorna,  that was yesterdays post yes :) I'll say no more case I hint too much!

PencilinHand

I spent a good chunk of the last 13 hours looking for the three secret pages, and found all three of them in the last hour or so.  One I actually did a google for and found a link to(though not the on-site link to it).  I then set to brute forcing it by manually scanning the pages.  The older two pages are similar.  The latest extra page would have fouled me if I hadn't been thinking to look for just such a trick, what took me so long was I was looking in the wrong place for most of the time.

Although, I feel happy  :3 for finding them  :mwaha , I was not happy when I found out I had 3 pages I HAD :eager to find, but had no clues to help me find them.  :<

Was it worth all the time I put into finding them?...honestly, no.  Don't get me wrong, I like secret stuffs like that, but I had more important things that I put off doing so I could satisfy my DMFA jones.  :cry

Kipiru

Found them all, great stuff! Good luck for all those stil looking :boogie

DarkAudit

I found it, with a little hint from Anders.

I'll just say this... the tab key is your friend.  >:3
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

AndersW

Hint: You are more likely to find it by accident while looking for it. (this refers to the most recent one)

As for gaming, the Vectrex was my first gaming console.  And I will be 20 later this month.

Emerauld Drathmir

Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

DarkAudit

Quote from: AndersW on October 01, 2008, 10:37:14 AM
Hint: You are more likely to find it by accident while looking for it. (this refers to the most recent one)

As for gaming, the Vectrex was my first gaming console.  And I will be 20 later this month.

Just a baby. I had an Atari  2600 *before* the E.T. crash. I was in jr. high at the time.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll take it.
The power and the glory is over, so I'll make it.
The power and the glory is over, and I'll break it.
The power and the glory is over....

Anukan

Heh.

Registered just to say it:

Total time to find new secret page: 1.2 seconds (I blame my slow internet connection)
Total time spent checking every single page of the site three times before realizing I had actually found it in the first seconds of the search: 28-30 hours.
Total Results: I love Amber's ability to hide the secret in such a simple way it's hard to find them if you search for them; That is, until you realize you've had it dancing in your nose wearing a hula dress and a rainbow wig and you didn't saw it.

About Gaming Consoles: In my times we didn't have any fancy schmancy videogames! We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock. And we had to share the rock; And we had to go twenty miles walking with hands, up a hill, in winter, during a snowstorm, to get the rock. You're lucky about your new generation consoles. =P

In truth, my first console ever was my father's Game & Watch ("Fire", the 1980 edition), then I got a SNES, and kept playing it for a loooong time until almost the end of the N64. Followed by a GBA, once again near the end of its time. It's just recently I acquired a NDS (For free, won in a contest), and it'll be ten or more years until I get another one.

__

p.s. Hello everybody. Passing through mandatory introduction thread later; I'm a little short of time right now.

Grenn

Haha.

Found it by accident too. :D

They're right by the way. Everything you need to know is in this topic as far as clues go. I wasn't sure as I read it, but just went a' browsing and found it. Heh.

Alterationartist

I'm 18. The NES was my first. It pwnt me. Stupid mario bros...
The SNES was my second with me viciously attached to Kirby Super Star and Kirby's Avalanche.
The PS1 was my third starting with Frogger and Spice World (sister's), then maturing into Final Fantasy and Chrono Cross. PS. Final Fantasy Origins was my first RPG, followed by FF Tactics.
The GBC and it's GBB&W back compatibility led me a safe time considering GBB&W doesn't play GBC. *phew*
N64 and Hey You Pikachu were my next, also grabbing Zelda:OoT and Pokemon Stadium.
Gamecube came next with more games than I can single out. (ToS, Luigi's Mansion, FFCC, etc.)
Gameboy Advance came after I lost my GC, unfortunately. Loved it, though.
My DS is now my current prospect of gaming, alongside my laptop.
I plan to get a Wii sometime, then save up for a PS3. XBOX can and WILL wait until I somehow bore myself with the previous three.

EDIT: I've found two out of three, and I need somehelp with the last one. If someone could help me via PM *hint hint* that would be good.
Round 9!

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Maril

How do you know if you've found a secret page?  If it marked like the last 2 were?

Kipiru

Quote from: Maril on October 01, 2008, 02:55:22 PM
How do you know if you've found a secret page?  If it marked like the last 2 were?

It's not marked like the last two, but you'll know it's the right stuff.

Maril

Quote from: Kipiru on October 01, 2008, 02:59:26 PM

It's not marked like the last two, but you'll know it's the right stuff.

Hmm...  I've just seen so many people post about how they only found it by accident I'm just wondering if maybe I really did come across it and just didn't notice XD

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nope. It's mentioned on it, though, if you pay a little attention.

Maril

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 01, 2008, 03:04:55 PM

Nope. It's mentioned on it, though, if you pay a little attention.

Thanks :)  I managed to find one of the first ones on my own last time, this one is still evading me...  Amber did a good job hiding this one I think XD

Alterationartist

Quote from: Darkmoon on October 01, 2008, 02:32:36 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on October 01, 2008, 02:24:19 PM
Spice World (sister's)

Liar.
It's true. My mom wouldn't buy it unless I wasn't the only one who would play it, so my sisters bought Spice World while I bought Frogger (I succumbed to commercial pressure...) and when you suck at Frogger as bad I used to, you get bored and are willing to... experiment.
Round 9!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Alterationartist on October 01, 2008, 05:03:00 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on October 01, 2008, 02:32:36 PM
Quote from: Alterationartist on October 01, 2008, 02:24:19 PM
Spice World (sister's)

Liar.
It's true. My mom wouldn't buy it unless I wasn't the only one who would play it, so my sisters bought Spice World while I bought Frogger (I succumbed to commercial pressure...) and when you suck at Frogger as bad I used to, you get bored and are willing to... experiment.

Yeah, I had the same thing happen... experimenting... *cough*
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gamma

Yeah, my replacement PS2 was the Singstar bundle so I could have a white one. I didn't want another black one and I knew everyone would want the Silver. Besides the included usb microphone is of awesome quality and works with your computer.
The Singstar game is happily sitting in the box out in storage.

I found the last one without "cheating". Yay me! If it was a grenade I would have been a puddle 12 times over. :B

(In reference to the newest page.)
Somehow I think of Lorenda, then I get scared of myself.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Akisohida

No secret for me. I do not even know where to begin looking. x.x
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.