09/28/08 [DMFA #939] - Newton Strikes Again

Started by Ren Gaulen, September 28, 2008, 09:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Quote from: Zedd on September 29, 2008, 03:00:35 AM
Damn you Newton, I told you not to make that law so painful!

Well it wouldn't hurt such much if you didn't keep getting thrown down.

Anyway, I have to wonder, why is there nothing dangerous at the bottom?  There should be some sort of spikes/dangerous creatures/lava at the bottom of all trap doors!  But, I guess that's what you get for settling for the lowest contractor.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Kipiru

Quote from: Valynth on September 29, 2008, 03:05:52 AM

Anyway, I have to wonder, why is there nothing dangerous at the bottom?  There should be some sort of spikes/dangerous creatures/lava at the bottom of all trap doors!  But, I guess that's what you get for settling for the lowest contractor.

Maybe Dark Pegasus doesn't think he needs such cliche traps, remember how he felt about the dark rooms. Besides what could be more cruel than landing and breaking your feet and dying out of thirst and hunger in a dark damp hole(though in a world where most creatures can fly that kinda looses its usefullness)

Valynth

Quote from: Kipiru on September 29, 2008, 03:11:22 AM
Maybe Dark Pegasus doesn't think he needs such cliche traps, remember how he felt about the dark rooms. Besides what could be more cruel than landing and breaking your feet and dying out of thirst and hunger in a dark damp hole(though in a world where most creatures can fly that kinda looses its usefullness)

Well, I'm sure there are SOME dangerous things that could've been at the bottom that haven't been cliched too badly yet....  Like below-freezing sea water.  Or acid goo.  Or poisonous gas.  Or electrified flooring.  The possibilities are endless.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Aleolus

Proving, once again, that cat's ALWAYS land on their feet!  Too bad the same can't be said for Warp-Aci!  XD  Nice job, Amber!

Kipiru

Quote from: Valynth on September 29, 2008, 03:17:36 AM

Well, I'm sure there are SOME dangerous things that could've been at the bottom that haven't been cliched too badly yet....  Like below-freezing sea water.  Or acid goo.  Or poisonous gas.  Or electrified flooring.  The possibilities are endless.

I guess you're right, but don't forget the major idea behind each such peril in this comic strip- DAN MUST SURVIVE! Which would have been made difficult by your suggested traps  :) (this isn't a Martin novel)

Valynth

Quote from: Kipiru on September 29, 2008, 03:24:59 AM
Quote from: Valynth on September 29, 2008, 03:17:36 AM

I guess you're right, but don't forget the major idea behind each such peril in this comic strip- DAN MUST SURVIVE! Which would have been made difficult by your suggested traps  :) (this isn't a Martin novel)

Well, the below-freezing sea water could make Dan into a dan-sicle for DP to thaw later....  Perferably when his plan is over.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Valynth on September 29, 2008, 02:49:01 AM
The only time they've laughed is when they figured out how to make 8008 on said calculators.

*is a math nerd and thus going to hell for that one.*

58008, surely?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 29, 2008, 03:44:29 AM
Quote from: Valynth on September 29, 2008, 02:49:01 AM
The only time they've laughed is when they figured out how to make 8008 on said calculators.

*is a math nerd and thus going to hell for that one.*

58008, surely?
Or possibly 5318008.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, yes. That's what I was thinking of. Thanks, Jay.

Tapewolf

That was absolutely awesome.  Pity the little floaty idiot ruined it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lucheek

Panels 1-4 look awesome. Somebody needs to make a signature out of bad-ass number four.

It also look like, when gravity applied to, Fi is made out of iron.

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 29, 2008, 04:03:01 AM
Pity the little floaty idiot ruined it.

It's part of their job description, I think. See the Furrae edition of the Bible; Book of Genesis:

Amber said, "Let us make Creatures similar to Demons and Angels, but with extra wings for kicks, and let them rule over the fandom because they are quite awesome and have a truckload of advantages." And Amber created the Cubi race and gave us Dan, Abel and Fa'Lina. And Amber saw that it was good.

Then Amber said, "The Cubi race is slightly overpowered, so they shall have silly sidekicks." And Amber created the Warp-Aci; floating, glowing entities of chaos and confusion with a short attention span and comedic timing. And Amber saw that it was good.
:boogie

LionHeart

Exactly. As I said, Fi is the Designated Sidekick and Comedy Relief.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on September 29, 2008, 07:24:03 AM
Panels 1-4 look awesome. Somebody needs to make a signature out of bad-ass number four.

Actually, Amber... is there any chance you could arrange the high-res version of the first four panels into a wallpaper?  It would take about 5 minutes and by the looks of it, it would make a lot of people very happy  :3

Amber Williams

The problem with that is the high-res versions will never look nearly as nice as the compressed versions. Part of the reason the art looks smooth is because when I resize everything, it smooths out all the rough edges.  A full sized version would look pixelly and mediocre at best.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 29, 2008, 12:16:34 PM
The problem with that is the high-res versions will never look nearly as nice as the compressed versions. Part of the reason the art looks smooth is because when I resize everything, it smooths out all the rough edges.  A full sized version would look pixelly and mediocre at best.

Ah, pity.  I assumed the original was 4x the size or more... if it's only 2x or something, then no, it's not going to work as well.

Ghostwish

Nothing like having one's internet restored to find an awesome update to DMFA. I remember going through the panels thinking 'it can't last.. it can't last.. it can't <warp-aci supplied POW!> Yup, knew it.' XD

Sorry Dan, but you can only be so bad-ass for so long. Beautiful work, Mrs. Williams. ^_^

Kipiru

Guess we'll have to wait for the next wallpaper war :) And wait we will!

Slowtini

Quote from: Kipiru on September 29, 2008, 03:14:23 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Tr-e_e-/DMFAPanel4Paper.png

I was bored. :B

Kipiru

Quote from: Slowtini on September 29, 2008, 03:49:24 PM

It's still something  :)

Ragesquid

Quote from: Slowtini on September 29, 2008, 03:49:24 PM

Something, indeed. =3 It's a little dark, though. Hey..if Amber doesn't mind..I could re-draw the scene in a wallpaper size. >_>

Naldru

Quote from: AmigaDragon on September 29, 2008, 02:58:45 AM
Quote from: Lorien on September 28, 2008, 10:40:45 PM
I was especially happy to see Dan really flying (or at least really using his wings) in the comic.

Nope, not flying, if anything, they were spread enough to slow his descent. And most of his manoeuvring (flips) probably had little to do with the wings.

Even flightless birds will use their wings for balance and aiding maneuvering.  So I would imagine that he would use his wings to control his attitude when falling without even thinking about it.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a weight thing.

The weight of the wings is enough to flip the rest of his body around them.

The surface area, and hence wind resistance, is merely a bonus to that...

silentassassin

At times I can't help but compare Fi to a burnt version of Gir from the best cartoon ever Invader Zim.

Alterationartist

Round 9!

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Madmann135

Made a quick Wallpaper Sized image from this comic.

Yes it is a little edgy but that can be fixed with some time and an immage modifyer program

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Ghostwish

Me likes! Although it does seem a tad fuzzy to me? Please tell me my eyesight isn't going. ><