R.I.P. Paul Newman

Started by Angel, September 27, 2008, 02:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angel

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/legendary-actor-paul-newman-dies/192171?icid=100214839x1210157669x1200636049

The actor who made Connecticut a little more bearable, Paul Newman, died at age 83 after a long battle with cancer. My mom had the biggest crush on this guy when she was younger. I only ever saw him in a couple movies - not the really famous ones, either. It feels weird to know that he's dead, but at his age and with his health problems, it wasn't unexpected

On a personal note, why are all the best celebrities dying as of late? Seriously.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Sunblink

I knew that someone was going to make a topic about this. Although, yes, I concur, 2008 sucks ass for claiming a great deal of the awesome celebrities.

I'm not too familiar with Paul Newman's movies, but I really admire the generosity he exhibited in his humanitarian work. Seriously, over 200 million dollars donated throughout his career? That's incredible.

Rest in peace, Mr. Newman. :<

Cogidubnus

The secretary at my office is going to be sad. She was a huge Paul Newman fan. Nearly killed me the first time I said I had no idea who that was. Turns out, I did.

Sometimes nothing at all is a real cool hand. He will be missed.

Damaris

I was sad to hear of this.  He will most definitely be missed.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

rabid_fox

Well, he'll not do that again.

Oh dear.

Brunhidden

being a philanthropist has become more popular, paul at least seems to have started long ago instead of waiting till it was his time to go.

more celebrities need to be as selfless as him
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Leon

We've lost another fine actor. I haven't seen all his movies but Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid and The Colour of Money are my favourites. His memory will live on.