09/11/08 [Hybrids #12] - Hybrid Genetics: Angel Style

Started by Lego3400, September 10, 2008, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracora

Actually, I was thinking it might have something to do with natural balance. The demon race is -thriving- to the point where its outnumbering most races 3 to 1. Maybe whatever is causing that is causing the angels to die? Maybe somehow the demon's strong existence is interfering with the angel births. Maybe they're sensitive to dark magics or some such and that emanates off of the demons.

Also, what happens when an angel and demon breed? I notice its possible to have a half breed between them...

Brunhidden

Quote from: Dracora on September 12, 2008, 12:01:08 PM
Also, what happens when an angel and demon breed? I notice its possible to have a half breed between them...

its established they hate each other, but its theorized that produces cubi
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Brunhidden on September 12, 2008, 03:51:49 PM

Hate eachother? Where did I typo that? The Demon and Angel race love eachother. :U  Of all the halfbreeds the angel race have, over half of them are likely from demon pairings.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 12, 2008, 03:55:57 PM
Hate eachother? Where did I typo that? The Demon and Angel race love eachother. :U  Of all the halfbreeds the angel race have, over half of them are likely from demon pairings.
In one of the HG strips (#3), Fluffy says that some pairings are possible but don't happen because the races hate each other ("look down on" was the precise wording).  It doesn't say which races, so I guess he jumped to a conclusion based on classical mythology.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jairus

... seriously? Wow, that throws a handful of my theories out the window. But that kind of makes sense: Angels and Demons are fairly closely related, so if you don't want to go too far from your Race a cousin Race is pretty close.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 04:08:13 PM
In one of the HG strips (#3), Fluffy says that some pairings are possible but don't happen because the races hate each other ("look down on" was the precise wording).  It doesn't say which races, so I guess he jumped to a conclusion based on classical mythology.
Well, we know Dragons look down on other Races somewhat...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

your not married long enough to realise how that works, but one day you shall see the humor and irony that hate is an attractive force of equal power to love, but its been a few years sinse the demon+angel=cubi theory was put up so im not surprised it has sisne been outdated
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ghostwish

Well dang, shoot my theory down with an AA cannon! I'm really at a loss as to what is causing this angel shortage then.

Alondro

Quote from: LionHeart on September 12, 2008, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 11, 2008, 01:25:12 PM
*Charline disposes of her non-Cubi children in an efficient manner*  Burp...  >:3
Cronus used that method, and it didn't work out too well...

*Charline feh*  But his kids were immortal.  The non-Cubi ones of mine are pretty much just Beings, and thus food by default.   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Aurawyn

Quote from: Alondro on September 12, 2008, 10:14:00 PM
Quote from: LionHeart on September 12, 2008, 12:16:25 AM
Quote from: Alondro on September 11, 2008, 01:25:12 PM
*Charline disposes of her non-Cubi children in an efficient manner*  Burp...  >:3
Cronus used that method, and it didn't work out too well...

*Charline feh*  But his kids were immortal.  The non-Cubi ones of mine are pretty much just Beings, and thus food by default.   >:3

Was the theory that  the Being offspring of a Cubi could maybe have a Cubi offspring, proven or disproved? (Basically the Cubi Gene skipping a generation)

Alterationartist

Quote from: Dagardo on September 11, 2008, 12:06:37 AM
Quote from: Alterationartist on September 11, 2008, 12:05:02 AM
CRAP! Now I have you and Nat!

Please elaborate.
leave it to my email to inform me SO MUCH LATER that there was a topic reply. I was referring to one of my previous posts in the topic at which time, I was having my posts invaded by my figurative "shoulder angel"/friend, Nat. He doesn't enjoy immersing himself in my online communities, and prefers to remain anonymous when mentioned on the board/Deviantart/Youtube(*cough*). I chose to spite him by inserting his name behind one of his invasions into my posts along with "stay anonymous NOW!" Most of his insertions were his negative viewpoint on what I was saying on the subject of angels, effectively dubbing me "prick". You appeared to share that viewpoint which officially marked away anything I said, two to one (and so many gawd damn more! Holy crap!). Eh. I was pissed off that day, something that really shows itself when one has naught better to do. And no matter what anyone says, we've ALL had our bad days on the internet. At least, those who have used the internet for significantly over 3 months, anyway. Here's my emotionally unbiased opinion on angels:

I do think that angels could make a much better name for themselves, considering how close the negative portrayal to demons, but like Cubi (Dan, Abel), Mythos (Matilda), Dragons (Pyroduck) and Demons (Lorenda), there are those willing to uphold the side of righteousness far beyond their own well-being. Chances are they COULD die out, similar to Amber's portrayal of the existence and extinction of vampires in Furrae. Their numbers will slowly decline for different reasons, and they may try one last ditch attempt to up their numbers. The success of this could actually have a higher chance than vampires, of course, based on the many different grounds and likely a superior system assembled with regards to the mistakes of other races. Now I've said most of what I can remember, and am now considering the existence of Rock Band in Furrae. (Fanart idea senses... tingling!)
Round 9!

Dagardo

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 15, 2008, 06:14:38 PM
Quote from: Dagardo on September 11, 2008, 12:06:37 AM
Quote from: Alterationartist on September 11, 2008, 12:05:02 AM
CRAP! Now I have you and Nat!

Please elaborate.
leave it to my email to inform me SO MUCH LATER that there was a topic reply. I was referring to one of my previous posts in the topic at which time, I was having my posts invaded by my figurative "shoulder angel"/friend, Nat. He doesn't enjoy immersing himself in my online communities, and prefers to remain anonymous when mentioned on the board/Deviantart/Youtube(*cough*). I chose to spite him by inserting his name behind one of his invasions into my posts along with "stay anonymous NOW!" Most of his insertions were his negative viewpoint on what I was saying on the subject of angels, effectively dubbing me "prick". You appeared to share that viewpoint which officially marked away anything I said, two to one (and so many gawd damn more! Holy crap!). Eh. I was pissed off that day, something that really shows itself when one has naught better to do. And no matter what anyone says, we've ALL had our bad days on the internet. At least, those who have used the internet for significantly over 3 months, anyway. Here's my emotionally unbiased opinion on angels:

All I'm getting out of that is Nat is kinda like the part of your conscience that is directed towards the Angel race. Course I don't know how you think so I could be completely wrong. Although I do know I like listening to Rammstein. :) This one especially. As for the other half of your post, all I get from that is , there are those who (as part of races that are ether sometimes or generally considered "badguys") are willing to do just the opposite and be "goodguys", although Abel would immediately say otherwise.

Alterationartist

Nu! Nat is a real person who likes to act like my righteous conscience, but chooses to do so in a manner that would remove anything negative I have to say about anything else, without consider the positives, as I did in my earlier posts. Although I am normally one to see the good in people, rather than their faults, I do this from experience. Since I've seen no angels in DMFA, I based most of my early posts on hearsay... and conclusions... and one very pissy attitude. Until I see one do anything good or bad in DMFA and outside of Dogma (*cough*), I am hearby neutral on them for the respect of their fans, or what little there would be for a yet unseen race, but that's understandable to most people.

That considered, what would people think about a DMFA Rock Band fanart?
Round 9!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alterationartist on September 17, 2008, 05:55:49 PM
That considered, what would people think about a DMFA Rock Band fanart?

How do you mean?  Something like this?
http://www.freewebs.com/aperturepodcast/images/StarWarsBand.jpg

I've always thought that a 'Cubi would be awesome on keyboards.  I mean, if we look at Mr. Emerson here:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/ke.png

...the immediately obvious problem is that he's only got two hands.  If he had four wing tentacles as well, he'd be all set.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aleolus

I have a theory.  >.>  The Angel race requires a partner who is pure in nature in order to create lots of little angels who will thrive.  Purity is extremely difficult to find, these days <.<

Alterationartist

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 17, 2008, 06:04:38 PM
How do you mean?  Something like this?
http://www.freewebs.com/aperturepodcast/images/StarWarsBand.jpg

I've always thought that a 'Cubi would be awesome on keyboards.  I mean, if we look at Mr. Emerson here:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/ke.png

...the immediately obvious problem is that he's only got two hands.  If he had four wing tentacles as well, he'd be all set.

1. OH MY GOD!!! *ahem*
2. O MAH GAWD!!! *alsoahem*
3. You just gave me an idea that I will likely be unable to pull through with. Yay...
Round 9!

James StarRunner

Quote from: Aleolus on September 17, 2008, 08:04:38 PM
I have a theory.  >.>  The Angel race requires a partner who is pure in nature in order to create lots of little angels who will thrive.  Purity is extremely difficult to find, these days <.<
James and wife come in to save the day! Yay!

(Both of our characters have full angel blood and we've already figured out their kids.)

Amber Williams

Disclaimer:

While we here at DMFA like to encourage people to be creative and to not hold back when it comes to creating characters...we would also like to remind everyone that their personal characters are more or less non-canon and that while everyone is free to plot out their characters past/present/future...it is more than likely going to be non-canon and actually not have an impact on the actual DMFA universe.

That is all.

James StarRunner

Heh... Just having a little fun Amber. Me and my wife were just being teased about having kids since we got married recently and because both of our characters are angels. It's all been playful banter. You yourself at AC (the year I was able to go...) said you wouldn't use my character again (doubly so without permission), so I know James won't have an impact in canon. Truthfully, even though the cameo was amusing, I wouldn't want James in canon anyways. I respect the comic too much to insert any character of mine in it.

Speaking of that cameo... I still would like to give something back for that gift and I think I have something in mind.

Goatmon

Quote from: Jairus on September 12, 2008, 04:09:14 PM

… seriously? Wow, that throws a handful of my theories out the window. But that kind of makes sense: Angels and Demons are fairly closely related, so if you don't want to go too far from your Race a cousin Race is pretty close.

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 12, 2008, 04:08:13 PM
Well, we know Dragons look down on other Races somewhat…

It's kind of hard not to look down on everyone when you're as big as a .... dragon.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Amber Williams on September 18, 2008, 02:17:34 AM
Disclaimer:

While we here at DMFA like to encourage people to be creative and to not hold back when it comes to creating characters...we would also like to remind everyone that their personal characters are more or less non-canon and that while everyone is free to plot out their characters past/present/future...it is more than likely going to be non-canon and actually not have an impact on the actual DMFA universe.

That is all.
:U Le gasp!

Quote from: Goatmon on September 18, 2008, 08:42:20 AM
It's kind of hard not to look down on everyone when you're as big as a .... dragon.

I'd imagine looking up would have lost its purpose, though.
Round 9!

Aleolus

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 18, 2008, 04:08:48 AM
Heh... Just having a little fun Amber. Me and my wife were just being teased about having kids since we got married recently and because both of our characters are angels. It's all been playful banter. You yourself at AC (the year I was able to go...) said you wouldn't use my character again (doubly so without permission), so I know James won't have an impact in canon. Truthfully, even though the cameo was amusing, I wouldn't want James in canon anyways. I respect the comic too much to insert any character of mine in it.

Speaking of that cameo... I still would like to give something back for that gift and I think I have something in mind.

Eh?  I do not remember this.  Perhaps yew would be so kinda as to point out this so-called cameo of your character?

James StarRunner

Quote from: Aleolus on September 18, 2008, 01:01:33 PM
Eh?  I do not remember this.  Perhaps yew would be so kinda as to point out this so-called cameo of your character?
http://www.missmab.com/Demo/Cubi02.php aka my "so-called cameo".

Jairus

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 18, 2008, 01:08:07 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on September 18, 2008, 01:01:33 PM
http://www.missmab.com/Demo/Cubi02.php aka my "so-called cameo".
Oh cool. So that's you? Neat. Very neat. And you have a very very dirty mind. Why am I not surprised?

James StarRunner

Quote from: Jairus on September 18, 2008, 01:11:21 PM
Oh cool. So that's you? Neat. Very neat. And you have a very very dirty mind. Why am I not surprised?
It's not canon. James isn't supposed to have a dirty mind. I didn't even know about this until after the dozen or so private messages from others.

Look what you did Amber! My reputation is ruined! 'A'

Mao

You say ruined.. I say improved.  There's nothing wrong with a 'dirty' mind.

Dagardo

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 18, 2008, 01:18:12 PM
It's not canon. James isn't supposed to have a dirty mind. I didn't even know about this until after the dozen or so private messages from others.

Look what you did Amber! My reputation is ruined! 'A'

Canon or not, dirty minds are awesome, like these vids.

As for reputation, I think they're stupid. If people don't like that's their problem.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Law books are dirty?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 18, 2008, 02:27:34 PM

Law books are dirty?
Absolutely filthy. You should try reading one sometime, Boxy: all of that law technobabble - once translated back into English - is hot steamy romance. What, did you think "Objection!" actually means that you're objecting to something? Only in the court: outside, completely different. So lawyers get huge sums of money to have incredibly dirty minds. Lucky.

Alterationartist

Round 9!