Doing a favor for Azlan (RP Thread)

Started by Azlan, July 16, 2006, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

"Someone will have to," Gliynn considered. "I guess you're best fitted for that job. Please do, the rest of us will be right behind you."

She looked at the others to confirm this. For better or worse, they seemed to want her to lead, so lead she would.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Boog

"Fine, we leave the book," Lanyx said, whereapon he immediatly leaned over and skimmed the page it was open to, "What? Whoever was looking through this before us may have left it open to the last thing he was researching. Besides, Bob wasn't the only one who lived here; it may not be his." Couldn't hurt if it was though; if whatever gods are out there disapprove then fine, I don't like them much either, and I'm not staggering through this place without knowing what else could be hiding behind the next door!

James StarRunner

Bob's floor of death

The book tells of how Bob worked on his latest experiment, to create devourers. Near the end of the page it mentioned that he was making them for his master for some purpose... But the of those details seemed to be on the next page.

Boog

Lanyx couldn't have kept his mouth shut for all the money in the world and a bit of the money that isn't.
"HA! Bob had a boss! Knew this thing was useful!" Lanyx turned the page, "That was why he made the devourers; this master he mentions wanted 'em." Lanyx kept reading, also keeping an eye out for the mention of any spells, particularly the 'how to' aspects. Hey, waste not.

Lushin

Daimien smiles as he readies his axe and heads up the stairs, slowly. "You guys might want to hang back a few steps behind me. Incase something does attack me" Daimien looks back over his shoulder at Lanyx when he spoke. "Oh boy have you opened up a whole can of worms now" Daimien turns and continues up the stares. Mostly to get away from the wrath of Myri.
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

James StarRunner

Bob's Floor of Death

Creeeeeeek...

"Mrrrragh..."

*to be edited when I get my notes. It's pretty much encounter time though.*

Azlan

Bob's Floor of Death
Myri stood there for a few moments and strode towards Lanyx with purpose.  When she reached him, she crossed her arms, the metal of her plate armor clanking against itself, with a stern look she declared her intentions, "I will watch you, read the book and report what you find.  No you cannot take the book with you."

Dhale looked a little green from the smell, it was obvious he wanted to leave.

Azlan moves to backup Daimien, who will be heading up the stairs. 

***Then the encounter will occur (sorry didn't post fast enough, I spent so much time looking things up I got seriously ninja'd)

Steve's room

Relieved that someone finally decided to indicate a desire to move on, Zee rushed over to the next door and *tried* to open it... a little too eager to get out of this place and find everyone else.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Malakin

OOC: BTW, how many more rooms are there >.>

"Weird.. wasn't there something about a safe someone put there stuff in that required a code? those arrows might be it.." Malakin suggests as he walks out and to the next room..

"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Gabi

Upon hearing the sound, Gliynn unsheathed her sword and assumed a fighting stance.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Eibborn

Eibbor squeaks quietly with fright because of the moaning, then blushes because of the squeak. He darts to his companions and tries to unobtrusively make his way to the center of the group.
/kicks the internet over

Azlan

Myri narrows her eyes and draws her swords.  She takes a defensive stance.

Azlan sighs and draws his swords in preparation for a battle.

Dhale draws his silvered rapier, but takes up a spot behind Daimien and Azlan.

Boog

At the sound of the groan, Lanyx rolled his eyes and stepped away from the desk, assuming a defencive position.
"Why is there always some sort of interruption right when I settle down with a good book?"

Azlan

Myri gives Lanyx a stern look, "good book?  I think not.  For all we know, your perusal of said tome has brought this upon us all."

"I don't think that really matters Myri, these things would have eventually attacked even if we were dancing around nude and stringing flowers everywhere."  Azlan added.

Lushin

Daimien just readies his axe and smiles.
"Hey I don't really care what brought them. All I care is that they are here now and I get to swing my axe and hit something. I just hope I take them out before they take me out"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

Boog

Lanyx rolls his eyes at Myri.
"There's an old proverb for that logic. 'Oh look, they're all muddy, they must have brought the flood that drowned our house.' Meanwhile, the real reason they're muddy is because they've been up to their shoulders in muck fixing the J'aalkin dam! Now is this really the time?"

Eibborn

Eibbor shakes his head, trying to clear it. With a deep breath, he reaches into his bag and produces a seed that looks rather like giant bean. He nervously fingers the foot-long pod, trying to pretend his companions aren't arguing.
/kicks the internet over