ARRRG Gods damn DMV

Started by thegayhare, August 22, 2008, 03:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Okay so I was looking into getting a scooter so I could atleast get to and from a job in the area with out relying on rides.  I was told that below a certain CC engine you didn't need a license.

I do some checking and find out that's not quite true.
Below  25cc's you need a license but don't need to register.  Under 50cc's you need to register as a moped but can use a regular license rather then a motercycle license.

so I decided to checkout what I'd need to do to get my license back.

According to the violations buru I owe them $494.02
I might be able to get $191 dropped from that total... but it's going to cost me 25 dollars.

and then according to the DMV I owe $140
and thats because I don't have insurance... according to the DMV if I want to drive I need insurance even though I don't own a vehical I still need insurance.  I didn't think it was possible to get insurance if you didn't have a car.

*bangs head against the wall until it all makes sense*

You folks might want to take off I think this is going to take awhile

*bang*
*bang*
*bang*

Mao

Sorry to hear about your troubles man.  I went through a bunch of insanity to get my motorcycle license too if it's any consolation. (both of them, my D and A class)  I hope it gets all worked out for you though.  It's nice to move under your own power and even nicer to be doing it on two wheels.  8)

thegayhare

I called up gieco since I had a policy with them before.

When I get a scooter they tell me it'll cost me $170 for a years insurance... pluss a $100 dollar fee for the sr22.

So fist I need to scrounge up
500 for the violations bureu

then I'll have to buy a scooter
and then come up with 270 for the insurance

and before I can ride it I'll need 140 dollars for my license

Excuse me I'm gonna go back to banging my head now

Jairus

Don't do it for too long... trust me, you'll be dizzy for a while and you might do long term damage.

Eh, my Mom's job means that she deals with the DMV a few times a week. She could probably sympathize.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nekoboy

Quote from: Jairus on August 22, 2008, 05:05:13 PM
Don't do it for too long... trust me, you'll be dizzy for a while and you might do long term damage.

Eh, my Mom's job means that she deals with the DMV a few times a week. She could probably sympathize.

AHHHHHHH....TO MANY.....NUMBERS....(and to think ill have to go thought all this soon) =/ as soon as I pass that test  :sweatdrop