Dragon Cave

Started by Nikki, August 13, 2008, 03:24:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikki

If this does not belong here, feel free to move it =3

I've noticed that some people here have a few eggs in their signatures and i thought "Ok, let's make a communal thread for them!"

So here we are! the Rules are to Keep -all- your eggs/dragons in one post, and when you get new ones just edit that post to keep this thread clean.

I've been doing some research while taking care of these eggs, so here is my theory on them, from how they hatch to how they die :3

---

HATCHING

---

*Eggs have to reach a specific number of views/unique views/clicks to hatch, there is a set requirement
*This requirement differs from egg to egg
*The requirement is lower the younger an egg gets. For example, an egg that has 5 days to live will hatch way slower than an egg that has 1 more day to live. I found this out while I was spamming eggs around in a group. The older egg got the same number of clicks as the younger egg and hatched way faster. So this is pretty true.
*Softshell is when there is an uneven number of views/uniqueviews/clicks. Like if you somehow have 5 clicks and no views, your egg will have softshell. *NOT PROVEN YET*
Softshell may also be caused by TOO MANY clicks and views.
Softshell can make your eggy die.

---

Ways to Kill a Dragon

---

*Too many clicks/views in one day
Unproven, but I think it's true. If you get about 3000+ ish views in a day, your dragon will become scared and die. This is what I believe happened to shadow's black egg.
*Not enough clicks/views/unique views
Your timelimit runs out and your dragon dies. It probably won't EVER happen here xD
*Has an abnormal condition (Not enough views/unique views/clicks) and is left untreated

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Er... isn't there a page on the dragon cave that lists all your eggs and dragons?

And isn't this dangerously close to breaching rule IV, section C, subsection 1?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

To the first question yes:  It's a scroll.  You can link your scroll to others.  like so: Click to See my Scroll.

VSMIT

Quote from: Xze-Xze on August 13, 2008, 03:24:57 AM
*Softshell is when there is an uneven number of views/uniqueviews/clicks. Like if you somehow have 5 clicks and no views, your egg will have softshell. *NOT PROVEN YET*
Softshell may also be caused by TOO MANY clicks and views.
Softshell can make your eggy die.
I picked up an abandoned egg with softshell, it had about 150 views, 2 unique views, and 2 clicks.  Everything should be about proportional.  And if you keep a dragon sick and it grows to the next level you get a special dragon.

Aisha deCabre

Xze is also right about an egg having soft-shell when you have more clicks than views.  Theoretically, it's actually possible to have your eggs hatch without any clicks at all.  But like the other statistics, they do help.  She's also right about the other things, but there are FAQs in the site's forum.

Also, it does seem to be rather close to the rule, but I think the point in making the thread was more or less to show them off, not to advertise...

But I do think showing scrolls instead of pictures is a good idea.  The Cave's own forum forbids eggs in signatures for a reason...this kind of thread would be considered egg-spam there, if you showed pictures.  Probably more so if you double-posted just to show the very eggs easily seen in your signature.  >.>

With that: Here are all of my own pets.  :3

Edit:  I also must say I'm half-surprised that the Valenth eggs are starting to catch on as well.   :U
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

VSMIT

I actually found the Valenth eggs on the Dragoncave forum, since those are allowed but the DC eggs aren't.  I also notice that even llearch has given in.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Actually, I'm performing a test. I'll go back to my usual .sig when I'm done.

I'm checking to see if what you feed them has any effect. Hence why left only, right only, middle only.

I expect that people will have been utterly ignoring that and messing it up. *shrug*

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2008, 12:46:32 PM

I'm checking to see if what you feed them has any effect. Hence why left only, right only, middle only.

I expect that people will have been utterly ignoring that and messing it up. *shrug*

Oh, that's clever. Don't worry, I won't forget when I feed them.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2008, 12:46:32 PM

Y'know...there is a way to make it so that when they're clicked, they only get the foods that you want them to get... :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yeah, but that's cheating.

Aisha deCabre

One would guess so, it seems to be allowed on Valenth itself though.  But I'll remember the combination of foods too. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sorry, you misunderstand.

It's legal, by the rules of the game. I, personally, feel that it's cheating to force people to do what I want.

So my test is not only what different foods do, but also what different people do.

Make more sense? ;-]

Aisha deCabre

It made sense the first time.   :/  But thanks.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

heh.

I'll admit, I'm curious about the guy who is starting up a full set of male and female of a particular type of jar, and is feeding each one one particular type of food, to see what happens.

I'm curious as to what will happen. Which is why I wandered past there and fed all of them. ;-]

I'm halfway tempted to set up a page somewhere with all the links on it, and get Amber to link it. *evil grin*

VSMIT

You should.  It would be funny.

Darkdragon

I have also given in to see what all this is about.