Which species from dmfa would you like to be?

Started by silentassassin, July 22, 2008, 12:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

My first impulse would be say Cubi, for reasons already stated, but considering every man and his dog wants to be that (aren't they supposed to be rare?) I'll say 'Were' instead be a being when you want, turn into a different animal when you want and still have access to magic without the long lifespan (something that could be a burden if your friends aren't as long lived, think what Dan's going to have to go though) oh and you could freak people out by turning into a human.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alondro

*Charles hmms*  I'd be a Mow.  The only truly indestructible species!   :mowwink

*Charline wiggles her head wings and writhes tenta-wings*  Gee, what do you think?   :kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sunblink

I think it's fairly obvious.

But if I had to choose another for an alternate avatar, I'd go with Gryphon A, or possibly a Being or Demon. As for species, other than jackal, I... think a kangaroo, flying fox, or ring-tailed lemur. Or even a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

VSMIT

Human.  But nobody would believe me if I told them.

Or they'd try to kill me.  One or the other.

Tiger_T

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

silentassassin

charline! i'm a mow! good choice :mowcookie you get a cookie

Mao

If I had more info on it, I'd have said Nictarl, but I'm not even sure that's a part of the dmfa universe.  I don't really even know if they're considered beings or creatures etc.  As I've said before though, I'm really curious about Boko. :D

silentassassin

Jairus

Quote from: silentassassin on July 22, 2008, 01:43:39 PM
what is a nictarl or a boko  D:

Well, here's Boko. She's from a side comic to the main DMFA comic, and it's canon status seems to be uncertain. She's a Nictarl, but I don't exactly know what a Nictarl is. Any help?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Mao

Fear the unnecessary double post... edit when possible.  But yeah, that's the one.  There doesn't seem to be any info on what a Nictarl is, but I've e-mailed Amber about it so I suspect that I'll get an answer someday.  You know..hopefully in a year or so.  She's busy and stressed though, so maybe 2 or 3.

*Edit: I almost reposted what I typed earlier and due to a glitch it looked like I had post it twice.. but it didn't. *phew*

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

AmigaDragon

<--  Guess.  :mowwink
As for a secondary form, I'm not sure yet (do dragons have only one secondary form or full shape shifting like 'cubi?).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Janus Whitefurr

Much like several of the "older" (I use the term loosely) forumites, I have had an incubus alter-ego for use in RPs and such. However, in these circumstances?

Fae.

Nothing says whimsical like nonchalantly erasing people from existence when they claim you're cute.  :mwaha
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Ganurath

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 22, 2008, 03:07:36 PMNothing says whimsical like nonchalantly erasing people from existence when they claim you're cute.  :mwaha
Doing it midsentence is better.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Jairus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 22, 2008, 03:07:36 PMFae.

Nothing says whimsical like nonchalantly erasing people from existence when they claim you're cute.  :mwaha

For some reason, the thought of any character being able to do that fills me with fright. Are Fae actually able to do that? I mean, I know they can do some scary frightening stuff, but can they actually will people out of existence?

All of a sudden I had a vision of Jyrras obtaining this power, and slowing going into full mad scientist laugh...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

shadowterm

A tough question. I wouldn't be a cubi. Not because they aren't awesome, or overly popular, but that given my luck, I wouldn't be something that awesome. I'd probably be a being. While that's also been used a lot, I'm kinda one of those people who isn't really strong, and may or may not be good at magic, if there was any in this reality. Given that, I'm left with my obsession with playing video games, and building things.

EDIT: I didn't post a animal the ebing me would be because, really, I wouldn't mind what I am.
/)//w//(\

Fragmaster01

They prefer the Retcon fae power, where they can delete anyone as long as they're not a main character. The paranoia and promotion fighting raised among the lower cast members is much more satisfying.
As for me, if we're going with applying real life traits to races, I'd end up an Angel with Cubi-ic(cubic?) soul stealing aspirations. I fully enjoy the idea of a race of chessmasters(some only rising to Smug Snake status, but those can become politicians).

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fragmaster01 on July 22, 2008, 03:44:38 PM
As for me, if we're going with applying real life traits to races, I'd end up an Angel with Cubi-ic(cubic?) soul stealing aspirations.
My understanding is that they are indeed able to do that.  It's probably just a spell which anyone who has the right skill and powers can cast.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

terrycloth

Fae. How can I pick anything else? You're like a genie from Aladdin without the tiny living space problem.

Lucheek

I'd be a Fae of my current fursona (a white-and-golden tabby). Fae have:

Almost unlimited power...that I want.
Fanciful home realm...that I like.
Fun, and colorful, with still emotion....something I like.

So, Fae for the win. :3

Fragmaster01

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2008, 03:53:38 PMMy understanding is that they are indeed able to do that.  It's probably just a spell which anyone who has the right skill and powers can cast.
Likewise, I see the cubi as having a lot of stuff built in from the start, but a good bit of it is stuff that other races can do if they're willing to work at it for a long time(minus the usual failings of trying to do it secondhand, of course).

silentassassin

yeah but since im a mow im not  affected so i am the strongest world domination here i come   :mowtongue

VSMIT

Except that mows have an IQ lower than that of dirt...  So organizing would be very difficult to do.

Aisha deCabre

To the topic maker: I suppose you mean race.  There are hundreds of species of critters in Furrae, and I doubt Mows are sentient.  :P

I prefer to be a Being, as my character is.  Not just because there are a lot of fan-made Creatures, but because the Creatures have all these powers they tend to look a lot more interesting to people.  I always wanted to, at least in an RP sense, prove that Beings can be powerful in their own ways other than just being far more numerous...if at least to add resourcefulness.

Of course it doesn't help if there are trollish players, but whatever.

Anyway.  If I HAD to choose a Creature race to be, it'd be dragon.  Ancient, reasonably powerful without going as overboard as the Fae or the Cubi, and still able to blend in if they have to.  And for some people who know me they probably thought it an obvious choice. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Jairus on July 22, 2008, 12:52:06 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 22, 2008, 12:50:26 AM
Insectis.  Totally insectis. :U
Wait, do you know something about the Insectis that we don't? (Wait... *slaps himself in the head* DUH!)
So she HAS developed the Insectis! Now I'm really starting to wonder just how far out-of-canon my Karazkt character is...

I want to know everything about teh buggerz!

shadowterm

Buggers like from the ender's game series? That series of books was awesome. But on topic, I think it's a given that if she's given a race a profile page, she has them pretty well figured out.
/)//w//(\

silentassassin

Quote from: VSMIT on July 22, 2008, 05:11:58 PM
Except that mows have an IQ lower than that of dirt...  So organizing would be very difficult to do.
yes but they do understand one thing serve me you get cookies and i have a quite a few tons laying around don't ask me

Amber Williams

Quote from: silentassassin on July 22, 2008, 05:34:20 PM
yes but they do understand one thing serve me you get cookies and i have a quite a few tons laying around don't ask me

Actually...they wouldnt even really understand that. :/

Tiger_T

Poor little Mows.

*fetches a basket of cookies, sets it down a bit aside and watches it being swarmed by a throng of rampant gold-greenish mows*

I'm perfectly content with being able to change from anthro-bipedal tiger to non-anthro-quadruped tiger.

Although I admit, I  thought about a cubi furson with some background - way back. - Back when it was the in thing for everyone to be cubi.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2008, 07:09:46 AM
Offand, lessee... Jakob, Keaton, Paladin, Ink, Modelin, Zedd and Gareeku...  I can't think of any more at the moment.  It was a bit of a fad, really.
Oh, and I almost forgot Charline again.  RJ had a 'Cubi character at one point, but I haven't seen her around for some time now.
I can speak for myself, this is still true, mostly. I've been trying to develop a concept around Alex & Miranda that's separate from DMFA (which I'm not going to talk about now), but they still retain a lot of their original 'cubi magic & shapeshifting. Thinking about it, they're almost 'cubi in all but name, and for purposes of DMFA-universe, 'cubi it is.

(Honestly, I joined during the 'cubi fad too (if I remember correctly), but what did it for me was, oddly, the multiple wings.)
Jeez I need to update this thing.