Poster Count Catagories

Started by Damaris, July 08, 2006, 11:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

Several of you mentioned that you were not particularly keen on the Castlevania-themed poster catagories (proto-slime, etc).  When we were moving everything around, we completely forgot about those- we're so used to seeing them.

I added a few DMFA-centric ones to the list already (pygmy shrew, undead, and being) but I wasn't sure what all to add, and how "cool" any given thing is (so catagorizing it on the list was difficult)

Please make any suggestions of catagories to add, and how many posts you think it should take to get to them.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Forestcat

I always liked the forums where you could kindly inquire of the mods to hand out 'special' categories if you were an established member or whatnot. Then again, that's because I'm a strange strange fuzzy. ^^

I think mow horde should be in there. Wouldn't know where though! :D

Amber Williams

Hmmm....

If we're going for DMFA...I suppose you could go with some creature races and job titles.

Adventurer (Or sword for hire)
Cubi Fledgling/Student/Master
Demonic Rampager
Fuzzy Fluffball
Drake
Mow-Swarm
'I got tentacles!"
Deathbringer! :D

To be honest I'm not sure what to do.  Odds are mixing the two categories will cause a clash (one post your a fuzzy fluffball, the next a hunchback. X3)  I doubt you want to start from scratch.

Eh. I'll think on stoofs.

RJ

Maybe we could find a way to combine both- ie. Hunchback Fluffball

*giggles*

Silverfoxr

shouldnt that be mow-horde ?

Gornemant

mmmmm tentacles.... errrrr  :blink

Gabi

Why do we need posting categories based on postcount? :blink

Can't we have custom titles instead?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Gabi

Ah, I see now. Well, I don't particularly enjoy being called a proto-slime, so I guess I'll post at the postcount claim thread and see what I get.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

RJ

I'm an ebil Skull Knight! Fear me! :D

ITOS

Quote from: Gabi on July 09, 2006, 11:03:46 AMCan't we have custom titles instead?

Together they make funny combinations, All Purpose Vixen Cyclops.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

ShadesFox

I'm an all purpose fox cyclops...

Anyways, my first idea for post count goes something like this
Mow

And that is it.  We are all mows.  Except for members of the AP team, which are AP Mows.
The All Purpose Fox

Kenji

As long as the final one isn't anything cubi-based, I'm good. >_> I'd rather that not be the final one I'd be stuck with. :T

Hmm... Mythos, Mow, Fae, Dagron, Creature Councilman, etc, etc. Yeah, I suck at this kinda stuff. : 3

Wildy

There are those that are opposed to being cubi or "I have tenticles" because lets face it. Its annoying when EVERYONE is a freaking tentical beast.

Eibborn

My issue with the categories is, of course, that some people would perfer to be, say, an undead instead of a swordsman-for-hire. Not that I'm naming any names, of course.
/kicks the internet over

Vaguely Creepy

Could it maybe be made so that after you go through all of the preset ranks you get to choose your rank?

Damaris

Well, if they want to stay undead, then they'll just have to not post ;)

And honestly, I think the penultimate title is appropriate for whomever reaches it.  I'm not going to tell you what it is, or how long it will take you to get there, though ;)

Darkmoon

Let us just say that no one currently is ANYWHERE near it.

Poofyspikes

Oh, Christ. Now you've given people reason to redouble their postwhoring efforts.

blade

You say that like it is a bad thing.

Darkmoon

Redpuble? At the rate you're going at, you wouldn't reach it for years even if you reTREBLED it.

Azlan

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 09, 2006, 07:08:39 PM
Let us just say that no one currently is ANYWHERE near it.

And that is scary...
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

The Lurking Dragon

This sounds entertaining.... maybe a topic listing titles as they are discovered? Also, throw in when each level is achieved?
"You can't see me or hear me unless I want you to."
The Lurking Dragon

Forestcat

I don't really mind the titles that are there. :)

I guess I don't know much about what the clockwork mansion is based on (Castlevania) so I guess I don't know what to suggest to change things too so that you can appease both groups.

Hmm... different post titles for different members? Any way to separate DMFAers from Castlevaniaers? And give them different post count titles? It's just a random thought.

^^

Darkmoon

Can't. Sorry.

The Clockwork Mansion is a level from the games. It's not important, but it sounds groovy. Other levels include most all the section titles you see here (Grand Hallway, et all), the Floating Gardens, and the Cursed Prison. Nifty, eh?

Forestcat

Ah that's ok Darkmoon. :)

Ok. Good to know. It is a groovy name though.

Maybe you can mix up the names as posted above as RJ mentioned. Liiikeee ... Axecubi. Skeleton Mow. Cyclops Dan. Sub-Boss Fluffy. Bat-Drake. Deathbringer! (which I just think is COOL lol)

Yeah. :)

Oo oo! And there IS a thread like that on the Catharsis forums, Lurking Dragon. Seriously. They post when each new 'level' of title is acheieved, keeping a running tab. I find it entertaining. :D

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3