toughest

Started by silentassassin, July 16, 2008, 09:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams  on July 17, 2008, 03:20:10 PM
One day I am gonna tell readers that Dan was just psyking a younger Jyrras outby saying he couldn't fly, and that while they had a rough landing, Dan did in fact glide into it.

One day.

Oh!  Well let us know when you do let us know that.  I wonder if when that's released folks will start to happen why he hasn't had any airplane related accidents yet.

Jairus

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 17, 2008, 03:20:10 PM
One day I am gonna tell readers that Dan was just psyking a younger Jyrras outby saying he couldn't fly, and that while they had a rough landing, Dan did in fact glide into it.

One day.

Wow... my respect for Dan just shot up a few points. So that whole stunt was just him trying to help out a kid he had only known for a few hours to get some confidence, and Jyrras was perfectly safe the whole time? Wow, he really is smarter than he looks. Go Dan.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VSMIT

But gliding isn't the same as flying.

Mao

Quote from: VSMIT on July 17, 2008, 03:42:43 PM
But gliding isn't the same as flying.

This is quite true.  You'd think that having gotten both my glider and pilot's license back when I was in cadets I would have made that distinction as well. I fail.  :<

silentassassin

Jairus

I think what Amber is implying is that Dan was fully capable of flying, but chose to make his carefully controlled glide look like an uncontrolled dive to give Jyrras a nice healthy dose of adrenaline and boost his confidence. I'm probably wrong.

Darkmoon

Darkmoon can't fly. He can do a series of high jumps, stacked one on another (ala Alucard in SotN), but he can't fly.

If Dan can, then the point would go to Dan, technically.

And since when is Darkmoon a Mary Sue?

QuoteMary Sue, sometimes shortened simply to Sue, is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character who plays a major role in the plot on such a scale that suspension of disbelief fails due to the character's traits, skills and abilities being tenuously or inadequately justified. Such a character is particularly characterized by overly idealized and clichéd mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors.

If anything, D is an anti-Sue. But really, he's just D.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

icarus

fa'lina, for obvious reasons.

although i realize they may not be quite so obvious to this board.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 17, 2008, 06:06:43 PM
And since when is Darkmoon a Mary Sue?

QuoteMary Sue, sometimes shortened simply to Sue, is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character who plays a major role in the plot on such a scale that suspension of disbelief fails due to the character's traits, skills and abilities being tenuously or inadequately justified. Such a character is particularly characterized by overly idealized and clichéd mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors.

If anything, D is an anti-Sue. But really, he's just D.

... you wish you could get that drunk, pull girls, and not have to worry about sunlight?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

GabrielsThoughts

hmm...I'm going to have to go with death bringer. I'm sorry but  survival of nomicide as Lorenda's chew toy  is a step above a fae getting bored of the monotony of living in order to be reborn, or Pegasus returning from the grave. However,  forum wise I'd say Darkmoon is most powerful of the moderators.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 17, 2008, 06:06:43 PMAnd since when is Darkmoon a Mary Sue?

weeeeeell...

Actually, and I decided not to clutter my previous post(meant to be humorous rather than serious) with this, Dmoon is a mary sue only in name.  That is to say, D is only a mary sue in that he shares his name with the name you use on the forum.  I figure that sharing his name with the author(even tangentially) was equal protection as is Dan's being a title character.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on July 17, 2008, 03:46:30 AM
...and had yet another long conversation with Lorenda that not only knocked out the possibility of them hooking up but led to him realizing that he is in fact gay. And all of that took place within three to four days. And he has presumably spent the intervening time trying to understand himself better and come to grips with his sexuality
I still think "confused" might better describe him, maybe bi (since he was attracted to Lorenda too).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Jairus

Quote from: AmigaDragon on July 18, 2008, 01:44:20 AM
Quote from: Jairus on July 17, 2008, 03:46:30 AM
...and had yet another long conversation with Lorenda that not only knocked out the possibility of them hooking up but led to him realizing that he is in fact gay. And all of that took place within three to four days. And he has presumably spent the intervening time trying to understand himself better and come to grips with his sexuality
I still think "confused" might better describe him, maybe bi (since he was attracted to Lorenda too).

Well, let me see if I can find the comic where he talked about it...

Ah, here it is. And while he does say in the next comic that he isn't really sure, he does seem to have accepted that he might have been mixing the signals up. So, he might be bi, but I'm leaning towards him being gay. Besides, he's still got that crush on Dan and that crush on Abel, and he's trying to talk to Abel about his feelings for him. And he is definitely confused: wouldn't you be just a little confused if all of the events I had listed happened to you?

Damn, that despondent look on his face in #831 just makes me want to pick him up and cuddle him and make him feel better. Jyrras (the character) is a year older than me, and I'm straight. Sheesh, he's practically the resident Woobie by now! Please agree with me about his Woobie status, or else I may have to cry in the corner for three hours.

Pagan

Not sure about the woobie status of a certain roorat. But I do know that Lorenda's smiles in those pages were awesome. A bit creepy, what with the teeth and all, but awesome.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Darkmoon

Quote from: Reese Tora on July 17, 2008, 11:59:44 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on July 17, 2008, 06:06:43 PMAnd since when is Darkmoon a Mary Sue?

weeeeeell...

Actually, and I decided not to clutter my previous post(meant to be humorous rather than serious) with this, Dmoon is a mary sue only in name.  That is to say, D is only a mary sue in that he shares his name with the name you use on the forum.  I figure that sharing his name with the author(even tangentially) was equal protection as is Dan's being a title character.

That's not really my fault, though. The guys that started the old forum RPG the comic is based on use me by name in the first post. It sorta set in stone the name of the character I was gonna end up using.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

silentassassin

dmfa only please and yeah jyrass is totally a woobie

aserath

My vote for toughest character would be FaLina. Id hate to be in a fight with her. Runner up would probably be Kria. With a name like Soulstealer you just can't go wrong.

silentassassin

Eh I'd go with moira giana, for obvious reasons.

Zedd

I vote for everyones mother...Cause moms go through the roughest parts of living and taking care of their children and making them happy :3

Kuari

I'd say either Wildy or Alexsi...  messing with a giant mallet or an angry ferret?  Yeah, have fun there..

silentassassin

Quote from: Kuari on August 05, 2008, 11:38:54 PM
I'd say either Wildy or Alexsi...  messing with a giant mallet or an angry ferret?  Yeah, have fun there..
yeah but can she you into the 42nd dimension

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: silentassassin on August 06, 2008, 12:26:04 AM
yeah but can she you into the 42nd dimension

The 42nd what?  Is that about the meaning of life? or someplace else? Is it Heaven?

BTW
If anyone is a Mary Sue, it is Miss Mab...., but Mab plays more like a referee.  Or Does she have her own plan?

Okay, Dan maybe can take a punch and give it back just as hard, but ALexsi keeps him from getting too big a head.  Wildy with a whip is scarey enough in whatever she is wearing.

PBH

Kuari

Forget the whip, I'd fear the cattle prod.

silentassassin

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 06, 2008, 07:29:38 AM
Quote from: silentassassin on August 06, 2008, 12:26:04 AM
yeah but can she sue you into the 42nd dimension
The 42nd what?  Is that about the meaning of life? or someplace else? Is it Heaven?

That's how tough she is she creates new dimensions

Kuari

Pfft, I doubt even the Fae can create new dimensions, they just travel between them...  now would it be possible to be smacked into another dimension?  No...  but from a magical world standpoint, no big deal if you have a dimensional traveling ally :p...  the physical pain Alexsi and Wildy could dish out would be worse...  especially Wildy, she could probably have taken Destina's job at SAIA if she was a succubus.

Anri

Clearly the correct answer is for Kria to eat them all, then she can tell us which one was toughest!

Prof B Hunnydew

Kria wouldn't eat Friends of her daughter's, I think, but you never know.  Still, we have only see her eat Beings so far. So, Dan is off the menu.  And Mab  And Fa'lina.  Fa'lina and Kria likely know each other.  Now, also remember, Jyrrus's Mother can put the fear of the gods into Kria, if she tries anything.   

:mowmeep
PBH

Alterationartist

Quote from: Tikki on August 08, 2008, 02:28:28 AM
Clearly the correct answer is for Kria to eat them all, then she can tell us which one was toughest!
Provided Kria can get through ALL of them without dying.
Round 9!

Jer-oh-me

I would have to say either Amber or Fluffy, probably Fluffy, is the toughest character. Although if we're only talking in story characters, hmmmmmmmmmm. I'd say the owner of the ball pit.

Alterationartist

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on August 08, 2008, 04:41:18 PM
I would have to say either Amber or Fluffy, probably Fluffy, is the toughest character. Although if we're only talking in story characters, hmmmmmmmmmm. I'd say the owner of the ball pit.

I disagree. Though Amber is a creative god, she has shown considerable mental weakness. She's distracted by difficult and difficult-to-answer questions, she had been shown a weakness to generic japanese slang, as proven by Neko-Kitty, and shows a very high vunerability to paradox. She has very little ability to keep secrets and she has lapses of her "wiku worm" phase. She also has a trace of indecisiveness. Fluffy... is her smarter-than-boss assistant who, by chance, may possess no destructive power beyond what weapons there are on hand. He serves to glue together the pieces of Amber's shattered mind and has also shown the distracted weakness of Amber's. The ball pit owner only has power over cats. Any other furres are immune to that charm. She also shows only care for selfish gain, and likely has no dreams of dominating the world.
Round 9!