The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 15, 2009, 10:58:09 PM
Oh God somebody kill me now why did I let so many people in this RP-
Ask Boogeyman about The City, -then- you can compain  >:3

Anyway, I think you may have misunderstood what Karazkt was doing. This is a multi-level castle, right? With rooms and hallways above and below the ballroom? What Karazkt did was blow a hole in the floor, right over an existing hallway, and now he's running around towards the nearest outer wall. He's not actually burrowing through anything at the moment.

Unless I am mistaken, and what I just said about the castle is not true? In that case, I -may- need to edit my post some.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 16, 2009, 01:41:04 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 15, 2009, 10:58:09 PM
Oh God somebody kill me now why did I let so many people in this RP-
Ask Boogeyman about The City, -then- you can compain  >:3

Alternatively, I could just lessen the number of players.

Koff koff.

(Also, I did ask. He said go right ahead.)

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 16, 2009, 01:41:04 AM
Anyway, I think you may have misunderstood what Karazkt was doing. This is a multi-level castle, right? With rooms and hallways above and below the ballroom? What Karazkt did was blow a hole in the floor, right over an existing hallway, and now he's running around towards the nearest outer wall. He's not actually burrowing through anything at the moment.

Unless I am mistaken, and what I just said about the castle is not true? In that case, I -may- need to edit my post some.

As it so happens, that used to be so. And then the castle morphed itself around you to deliberately screw with you. The environment hates you, you see, like Silent Hill. Very passive-agressive.

Cogidubnus

QuoteAzlan (??) grins back, but is other wise confused as to why he is here.

Har har. :P

*goes and fixes it*

Now, if only llearch and Boog would post, we'd be in the money.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Right. All we need is a Az and Spot post and we can move on to the ultra-painful uberpost here. :B

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 26, 2009, 11:48:16 PM
Right. All we need is a Az and Spot post and we can move on to the ultra-painful uberpost here. :B

Er, sorry... don't mean to hold that up and all, but I will have to do this later Monday.  Comic Con was very exhausting.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Azlan on July 27, 2009, 04:10:39 AM

Er, sorry... don't mean to hold that up and all, but I will have to do this later Monday.  Comic Con was very exhausting.

No, no! Quite alright! Take your time.

I'll be procrastinating over here if you need me. Lots of laundry to do. Ooh! My collection of books could use some organizing. In alphabetical order. Then by author. Then in chronological order. I bet I could get a whole few days from that.

*desperately avoids uber-post* :c

SpottedKitty

<grabs a few recycled electrons to scribble notes on> OK, I've got a few ideas, post coming up later tonight.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

techmaster-glitch

Whoa, I didn't realize it was Andrace and whoever else she's with that Karazkt (somehow due to some crazy reality-warping) had stumbled across. Oh well, wouldn't have changed anything anyway.

e_voyager

how about me? am i keeping up with you guys?

Edit
it seems that i am completely lost and probably forgotten in this RP
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Last minute change - llearch and Styg changed places. The gryphons are in the skyland place. It made little sense for them to be otherwise. It was very late when I finished this post.

Also, E: I know it's not your fault - but you are, very often, unintelligible. Even when I sit down and look at your posts very hard. The fact is that in the process of writing an RP, you have to advance the plot by getting player characters to interact with each other - this is difficult enough by itself, let alone when a player character cannot be understood. I have to think of all the players when I write something, when making plot points, writing interactions, and trying to steer the action. Putting a player in a position where they have to struggle to understand a person's actual written words, in addition to asking them to be creative, doesn't work. It's not fun for them, it's not fun for everyone else, and it's not fun for you, E.

I can see your ideas. You have the creativity. But it's so difficult to understand you that character interaction is impossible, and that's the basis of RP'ing itself.

I guess this is me saying that I've tried to see if I could just do it myself, but this RP is so large that I don't have the creativity and energy left. I am truly sorry, but at this point, I can't write anything else regarding Atem.

e_voyager

not a problem Cogidubnus . i saw this coming actually. i've been have trouble figuring out how to respond to people who to approach and everything else and that was making aten an minor part of it all and entirely unnecessary in the grand scheme of thing.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

I appreciate it E. Thank you for your understanding.

e_voyager

no problem but give me a call if Eternal Rains starts back up though i think the chance of it are slight at this point though

Azlan

Just a notification: Due to the passing of my Grandmother, I will likely be out of contact with the internet from Monday August 17th through Thursday August 27th.  I will be traveling to the island of Kauai in Hawaii and I am not sure of my internet availability in these areas.

techmaster-glitch

I felt kinda odd as I wrote this most recent post for Karazkt :B Poor bug doesn't get a break.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Coggeh, what on earth are you smoking?

Both Castle Wolfenbach and Gollum in one post?

Cogidubnus

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'm not sure I would survive the experience. :-/

Cogidubnus

I'd like to apologize to all the players of MGM for my lateness on my next post - some explanation is perhaps in order.

I've been working full time and going to college. My work keeps me there until 8:30pm, and I wake up at 8:00am for class, so, not a lot of spare time there.

In addition to this, I've suddenly been faced with a conundrum as to how I'm going to resolve several peoples character's actions and situations, after having unexpected absences. I have a general idea of what I'm going to do, but writing involves a very specific how, and that's the part that depends on me not being creatively drained.

The RP is not on Haitus - school ends this weeks, so I'm hoping to actually get some writing done this weekend, but we'll see. Thanks all you guys for your patience, and your participation - I hope it's been half as fun playing as it has been writing this thing. :3

Azlan

Short story: RAID array collapsed and PSU died over holidays.  Encrypted drive failed that included certain backed up files.  Repaired PC, recovered encrypted data, and upgraded to Win7 x64.

Too bad in some respects, as I was having fun using a server as a desktop.

I should be back in action, though work is pretty busy... what with a few server build outs and UPS replacements (old units aren't hot swappable sad).

Cogidubnus

Hoorayz! We can has Azlan post.

I shall work on the next one just shortly.

Lisky

wow... i'm curious... What happened here? did we all just abandon the ball? D:

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

So, first MGM post in a long while.

I suppose I should ask, firstly, who's still interested in playing this. I wrote myself into a corner in some places, lost inspiration, lost my job, got busy finding a job, got really poor, got busy looking for ramen noodles, was too distracted to write a sentence, let alone a post, and now further things in my life have just happened that have somewhat made me take a look at how my life is going.

And now, maybe for a while, maybe for just tonight, I've come full circle. I'm writing to relieve stress.

If anyone still wants to participate, please post to let me know. I also know I've left several characters out of the most recent post, and this is on purpose - I'm trying to get the people who are behind on things caught up. And to make posts easier to write, I might trade off writing certain groups every other post. I don't know. We'll see how it works out.

Anyhow, despite my whining, this has been a lot of fun for me, and if anyone's still up for it, I'm also up for continuing.

techmaster-glitch

Oh...I'm still in. But if you're having such RL troubles, I can understand if you want or need to leave this RP down, at least for awhile. But, if you're continuing just to relieve stress, then I can stay on, too.

Aisha deCabre

I'm still in; I can certainly understand about RL issues, and I'm sure many of us would agree that such things come first.  Whatever happens, the best of us would be behind you. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

SpottedKitty

ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Lisky

I'm around, though you probably already knew that by now :B

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->