The Mad God's Masque and Bellicose Ball (OCC) (Taking New Submissions)

Started by Cogidubnus, July 16, 2008, 08:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D'ya feel lucky?

Heart of the Earth
7 (43.8%)
The End of the World
9 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Azlan

I am still here.  Slow to respond, but still here.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Cogidubnus

Well, that seems to be most everyone then.

I'll continue on posting for those who've indicated that they want to stay in, which does appear to be about everyone who was still playing. A bit of a smaller group, a bit easier to manage, but we'll find out.

Gareeku

Sorry for not responding sooner, had a few RL issues to deal with. I woud like to continue in this rp if I may. I'll put up a post asap.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Gareeku on March 19, 2010, 04:50:56 AM
Sorry for not responding sooner, had a few RL issues to deal with. I woud like to continue in this rp if I may. I'll put up a post asap.

I'm having some RL issues myself. If you'd like to continue, please do.

Cogidubnus

Cog: Hmm, I need to update this. What would be the most entertaining and interesting kind of post for people to read?

*cue GIANT WALLS O' TEXT*

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

llearch n'n'daCorna

Question.

How _large_ is this ball that Rover has been taunted with?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cogidubnus

Large enough that a normal-sized person would have to hold it in two hands, but Rover could probably palm the thing, I imagine. Think like one of those giant exercise balls that some people use.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ah, right. About 2ft across, in other words.

mmkay. I can work with that.

Azlan

Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 05, 2010, 05:16:09 AM

"Ooph!"
  Azlan's unexpected hug wrapped up the diminutive feline completely, making her stand up on her tippy-toes while the ringtail expressed his glee.  She gave him somewhat of a sour look, and smacked his hand as he checked her person for unusual things. "Erph. My, aren't we friendly?"

Lol, Azlan again... maybe I should play the Fae fox.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Azlan on May 17, 2010, 11:40:19 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on May 05, 2010, 05:16:09 AM

"Ooph!"
  Azlan's unexpected hug wrapped up the diminutive feline completely, making her stand up on her tippy-toes while the ringtail expressed his glee.  She gave him somewhat of a sour look, and smacked his hand as he checked her person for unusual things. "Erph. My, aren't we friendly?"

Lol, Azlan again... maybe I should play the Fae fox.

I really need to stop posting at 3am. :B

Lisky

Figure now would be a good time to say it... i'll be disappearing for the next 2 weeks, starting this upcoming friday.

First i have a cousin's wedding in KittyHawk to attend, and then staying a few days at the beach with the fam.  After that, i rush home, do laundry, do some last minute running around, and head off to AnthroCon... soo ya.. i'll have a laptop with me, and, as long as i've got an internet connection, i'll check in from time to time... but for the most part, i'll be disappearing... Hope to get posts done in everything that is owed first, but if not, i'll do my best in the evenings.

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Cogidubnus

Just waiting on Box and Tech, now - I might have them catch up later, though.

Have fun! I'm sure that you won't miss too much, this RP tends to move at a rate comparable to continental drift.

techmaster-glitch

Right, sorry--been trying to think of a post >_< I'll have one up tomorrow, promise

llearch n'n'daCorna

I've been afk. So sorry. I'll see what I can come up with, though.

Cogidubnus

So, I know I've already called for interest just a little bit ago, but I'd like to do so again. Thinking about implementing some things in the future, so if everyone would be so kind as to post here if they'd like to continue with the RP, I'd appreciate it.

Lisky

i just posted... i think my continued participation is pretty well confirmed X3

Azlan

I would say mine as well... the PMs and all express a level of interest I'm pretty sure.

SpottedKitty

ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Aisha deCabre

Still alive and kicking. x3  Gonna try to help Gareeku keep up too.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Cogidubnus

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 20, 2010, 02:54:46 AM

I'm thinking that I may put Gar on haitus, as he's already been gone for so long. It seems like he's pretty busy nowadays, and if he isn't able to post, I'll probably have his character move offscreen until he can post or wants to.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 20, 2010, 03:04:00 PM
Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 20, 2010, 02:54:46 AM

I'm thinking that I may put Gar on haitus, as he's already been gone for so long. It seems like he's pretty busy nowadays, and if he isn't able to post, I'll probably have his character move offscreen until he can post or wants to.

Alright; might be best.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*flops on the floor, sort of deadish, indicating interest*

Doing my best, though.

Cogidubnus

Right. So far I have:

1: Mel (playing Melodie Icewing)
2: Boogeyman (Playing Jeremiah Ac'Gregor)
3: Aisha (Playing Rynkura)
4: Azlan (playing Kiet Ti'Pallo
5: Spottedkitty (playing Andrace)
6: TechmasterGlitch (playing Karazkt)
7: Basilisk (playing Baseel)

If anyone who was playing still wants to, that's fine, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that there is some extenuating circumstance. Just talk to me, PM me, whatevs, hell, just post, and that's entirely fine. But this is what I've got down right now as active players.

So! I'm opening the RP back up. Get some fresh blood in here, see if that will help. Two slots are open right now, more if you can convince me when they're full.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Character Sheet:

Name: Corgatha Taldorthar     

Race: Human?

Species: Human

Physical Description: Six foot three inches tall, around 220 lbs.  Dull gray eyes, black hair, skin color is a diseased grayish tone.  Skin is littered with scars, pockmarks, and tattoos, and generally keeps himself bundled up in all sorts of weather, from neck to toes to wrists. Currently wearing a jet black overcoat, dull green shirt, brown roughspun leggings, and soft, knee high boots.

Equipment: Obsidian two handed sword. It is "treated" magically to prevent the shattering that ordinary obsidian is vulnerable to. It's not invulnerable, but it's about as durable as tempered, high quality steel, and significantly sharper. Due to it's composition, it is lighter than a sword of its size would appear, being slightly over 1.7 pounds. 

2 obsidian knives, treated similarly to his sword.

He also carries half a dozen fist sized rocks, attached to his belt, and a pouch full of gravel, for magical usage.  (In addition, he has things like clothes, a bit of money, etc.)

Combat Abilities: Has little in the way of physical combat training, although is large enough and strong enough to prove dangerous to opponents who do not have some sort of augmented strength or endurance. Is quite magically proficient, especially in areas of elementally Earth aligned magics, although possesses some skill in manipulating fire and telekinesis as well. His magic is instinctive and quasi innate, not something gained through years of study, and often cannot tell exactly how he does something after he's done it, although telekinesis and stonework do often stick in his memory. Typically favors using his magic to move himself to somewhere not easily reached by enemies, and then pelt them with whatever objects are lying around, or lighting them on fire. Falls back on physical combat only when too exhausted to use magic further or when supremely confident of success.

History: Born on a small farm in the hinterlands of civilization, Corgatha was working the fields shortly after his sixteenth birthday, when he suddenly started having visions that the boundary stones he was removing to make room for another crop row were speaking to him, giving him secrets of old. He stripped off his clothes and ran off into the wilderness. He surfaced around fifty five years later, (with clothes), having visibly aged little, although sporting a new skin tone and scars and tattoos that covered almost his entire body, and no conscious memory of the intervening period, except scattered images of being chased.  Upon regaining some measure of his faculties, he utilized his theurgic abilities, especially over stone, challenging some lesser creatures to fights and winning some of the time, as well as commanding a few loose bands of armsmen, often to some success. Currently, he's running alone, in a forest, brooding and stalking intruders who irritate him with their presence.

Personality:Violently unstable. Much of Corgatha's mind has simply been eaten away by by his power. Obsesses over "eternals" things that won't change with time (Ideas, mathematics, stone, things like that) Grows very agitated when something transient (Say, a person) impinges upon them.  Generally irritable, and unsociable in general, although reasonably good when "sticking to business". Never relaxes, rarely sleeps, Prefers to think his way around problems, instead of solving them with raw force, doesn't like making rushed decisions. Protective of his friends and dependents, unless he forgets about them, and he's apt to forget about transient things, like people.

Strengths: Cunning, careful, extraordinarily gifted at mathematics. Eldritch magical power that is activated more by instinct than artifice.

Weaknesses: Easily angered, very poor grasp of social interaction. Has old injuries, especially around the legs and hips that make it hard for him to move quickly. (gained during his blank period) Has a twin insanity, both from direct warping of his mind from his ability (causes occasional hallucinations), as well as paranoid tendencies from his years on the run with no memory.

Trivia: Corgatha was originally created for a wheel of time setting, and maintains a similar level of power (and insanity) of a channeler from that setting.

Some odd aspect of Corgatha's power seems to make him age more slowly. He's close to eighty five, but he looks to be in his late twenties, discounting his injuries.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

e_voyager

i just found out you were opening back up but it seems i've missed my chance to rejoin no?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Spots - Cerebus was trying to say that you should run away right then, before you get lynched by the soon-to-be-angry mob.

I also realize this last round of posting was probably incoherent and terrible, and I do apologize about that.

Also, obviously, Corg's intro was in this last post, if it wasn't obvious.

Corgatha Taldorthar

oh, hey, sorry. Been busy settling in after the move to grad school. Haven't kept up, and too tired to make a post now. I'll put something together tomorrow evening.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

hey, Cog... the guy with the bacon.  Can Bas smell the bacon and whatnot? Can he sense anything that's going on on the other side of the doorway?